Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ticket Question

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Michigan Dave, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So, I'm flying into town for the weekend, and planning on attending the Chicago game. This will be my first game in Gillette. I've been pricing out tickets for a while. I'm going to need 2. I don't care if I have to get standing room, or whatever. I just want to get into the game. What's the ticket scene like? Will I be able to pick up a couple of reasonably priced tickets in town or at the stadium on gameday, or am I better off paying on eBay or stubhub? I'm looking at probably $125-150 ea on those sites for SRO. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I'm quite excited!
  2. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Last week my family attended for the first time ever. Daughter handled the advance tickets. Bought 5 in the 100 sections (lower-bowl 20-yard line) online for under $400 apiece.

Before gametime it was a driving deluge of rain. Sell-out crowd, remarkably, did not appear discouraged.

Still needed ONE ticket. First off, i just walked up to the ticket windows (Window 4). They had some scattered around. Don't know the source. Bought a singleton cater-corner across from the others, in a different 100 section (side of endzone). Paid face value ... $125. That sure beat what i'd sprung for the others.

That was for the Jets at 1pm ... in the rain ... likely not a foretaste of what the Bears, in the gloaming, might fetch.

Good luck!

ps - they're not kidding ... bring cash or VISA card (forget Mastercard.)
  3. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thanks. Does the ticket office usually have extra tickets? What's the scene outside of the stadium, do people usually have extras to sell?
  4. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

There are always people outside the stadium trying to either buy or sell tickets. Depending on where you park, it seems most hang out on the approaches to the stadium. You'll hear them, they repeatedly say "anyone need tickets?".