PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ticket question for season holders

Melrose Scott

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey all,

An old friend popped up on the radar this week seeking Super Bowl tickets for Dallas. The catch is that he's not a Pats fan, he just wants to take his dad as a surprise Bday gift (along with his brother and nephew.)

He is willing to pay whatever the going rate is and wants to avoid broker fees. Anybody have any ideas how he might go about doing that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Melrose Scott

Hey all,

An old friend popped up on the radar this week seeking Super Bowl tickets for Dallas. The catch is that he's not a Pats fan, he just wants to take his dad as a surprise Bday gift (along with his brother and nephew.)

He is willing to pay whatever the going rate is and wants to avoid broker fees. Anybody have any ideas how he might go about doing that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Melrose Scott
Unfortunately ticket brokers and fortunate people who got their hands on them selling them to the highest bidder is the only way they are available. The NFL does not make any tickets to the Super Bowl available for sale to the general public. As the playoffs continue you might get lucky and find a fan of a team that was just eliminated selling their tickets I suppose. The vast majority of tickets go to business partners, vendors, etc. of the NFL.

The NFL also has a random drawing for the opportunity to purchase tickets, but the deadline for entering that drawing was June 1. Season ticket holders of the two teams playing also go into a random drawing for the chance to purchase tickets. Not every season ticket holder can get SB tickets; I believe it is about 12,000 to 15,000 tickets per team.

Bottom line is that the only way to get them is ticket brokers, or individuals selling on ebay, craig's list, etc. Personally if I was going to try to purchase tickets I would stay away from sites like Craigslist because people have been scammed there before; I'd try Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster because they are sanctioned by the NFL for the resale of tickets, or a well known site like Stub Hub.

Good Luck!

The NFL also has a random drawing for the opportunity to purchase tickets, but the deadline for entering that drawing was June 1. Season ticket holders of the two teams playing also go into a random drawing for the chance to purchase tickets. Not every season ticket holder can get SB tickets; I believe it is about 12,000 to 15,000 tickets per team.

This is BS, I've done it every year for.....idk, a long time.

I get the same letter every year.

"Dear NFL Fan:

Your name was part of the Super Bowl (insert roman numerals here) random drawing that included all written requests received by this office between February 1 and June 1. The National Football League regrets to notify you that your entry was not selected. All Super Bowl tickets available from the NFL for public sale have been allocated."

Then another paragraph explaining how to enter next year. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back