PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ticket Price Change??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gitgronked82

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I could use some advice.

I have tix to the first preseason game and the game against the jets week 16. that's it so far. I want to get tickets to the Eagles game on 12/6.

Right now it's looking like I'd buy them from stub hub, but as the game approaches i could also use craigslist (got great tix to the baltimore last game) or have a friend with season tix use the ticket exchange for me. Do you think it would be advantageous for me to buy tickets from Stubhub now, or will the price be the same/better in a couple months?

tldr: do ticket prices on stub hub for December games usually rise or fall as the season progresses.

thanks

Buy them the day before or day of the game, right now they are nowhere close to what they will be closer to game day. Also the ticket exchange almost always has tickets.

Buy them the day before or day of the game, right now they are nowhere close to what they will be closer to game day. Also the ticket exchange almost always has tickets.
That's certainly an interesting strategy. Risky though. I've seen plenty of times for other sports where the price doesn't sink on the week of the game.

Others second that strategy?

I'd be very discriminating towards craigslist. Though personally I've never been scammed, there have been many reports of people who have. As far as the Eagles game in December, I'm also interested in going to that game. However, I don't plan on even starting to look for tickets until November.

I'd be very discriminating towards craigslist. Though personally I've never been scammed, there have been many reports of people who have. As far as the Eagles game in December, I'm also interested in going to that game. However, I don't plan on even starting to look for tickets until November.
interesting. i would have thought the prices would rise for the most part when the game approaches

for what it's worth... with red sox and usually celtics the strategy of waiting for the game to approach would backfire. big time. i'm just not sure how to feel about this

day or two before...not now

people still confident in the waiting approach? prices certainly don't seem to be dropping

Tickets look to be scarce this year and going for a lot on secondary markets. If I wanted to make money, I could make a bundle.

If you want the security of tickets in hand, be sure to compare prices including shipping, handling and service fees on StubHub vs. other vendors like AceTickets or VividSeats.

Despite how they bill themselves, StubHub isn't really a P2P ticket platform. 99.9% of their Pats tickets come from brokers and are available elsewhere, often cheaper.

If you want the security of tickets in hand, be sure to compare prices including shipping, handling and service fees on StubHub vs. other vendors like AceTickets or VividSeats.

Despite how they bill themselves, StubHub isn't really a P2P ticket platform. 99.9% of their Pats tickets come from brokers and are available elsewhere, often cheaper.
any recommendations? haven't found a ton of good deals out there

any recommendations? haven't found a ton of good deals out there

Yeah, as others have said, you won't find any bargains if you shop early. It's a matter of risk tolerance whether you can stand the nail-biting aspect of waiting until the night before the game. My point on StubHub is just that they have the same inventory as the other brokers, so if you identify tickets you want it's worth checking the final price including fees on Ace and Vivid before clicking buy.

Yeah, as others have said, you won't find any bargains if you shop early. It's a matter of risk tolerance whether you can stand the nail-biting aspect of waiting until the night before the game. My point on StubHub is just that they have the same inventory as the other brokers, so if you identify tickets you want it's worth checking the final price including fees on Ace and Vivid before clicking buy.
agreed. last year i was able to get some pretty nice seats to the ravens playoff game for only $150 the week of the game off of craigslist, but i am not confident i'll be able to do that again. i go to plenty of boston sports games, and have never waited until the night before... I don't know if i have it in me to plan my whole trip and everything without even having tickets. the stub hub prices haven't improved in the last couple months, though.

Normally I would advise waiting until a day or two before game day and going through Ticket Exchange, but TE has had fewer tickets so far this year and we were actually shut out on the Jacksonville game (!?!) and ended up buying on StubHub. In years past we would have had no problem getting tix to a game like Jacksonville on TE. Not sure if the system was having problems, too many people on it now, too few tickets, or some combo of all three. To be fair, we ended up buying on Stubhub about 3 days before the game, and more tickets did go on TE after that. Not sure if we would have been able to access them as we did not try. Sorry no easy answers except keep looking around and keep comparing.

Don't mean to spam this or anything...

Prices seem to be skyrocketing tbh. All of the cheap tix are a single ticket. Prices have gone up a ridiculous amount since July/August. I've already possibly lost out on $50+. Nervous that I'll screw myself even more if I wait until October or November to buy

If pats keep winning impressively then the demand will be high and so will the prices

Good advice. I also recommend taking a look at TickPick, which has the lowest listing & service fees that I have found. Not as much selection, but lower prices than most vendors. SeatGeek is a dealer aggregator site and worth checking out too.

Good advice. I also recommend taking a look at TickPick, which has the lowest listing & service fees that I have found. Not as much selection, but lower prices than most vendors. SeatGeek is a dealer aggregator site and worth checking out too.
Just bought celtics tix from tick pick. Great suggestion, thanks.

This eagles game situation is frustrating for sure. I've wanted to jump for a long time, but was advised to wait. Now it looks wayyy more expensive and I don't think I'm willing to wait for 2 more months and risk losing more $$. Might just go for it this week. Don't know what else to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back