PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Update: Hernandez returns to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate Hernandez' toughness, but I don't see the rush to get him back. He must be a freak specimen if he's 100% healed. If not, I don't want him playing.

Gregory's absence is disconcerting. I have some faith in Wilson and intrigued to see what he can do. The problem is the depth behind him is then non-existent. We'd be talking about Ebner playing a full-time role.

And given the amount of 3 safety stuff the Pats had out last week, it's even more an issue if he can't go. Bedard pointed it out first, but often in the 2nd half v Buffalo, the Pats would line up in a cover 2 and have Wilson run back to the deep middle at the snap into a cover 3. Seems like a new wrinkle they were working on and maybe even throw at Peyton the next week.

Peyton struggled to get the ball into the seams against Atlanta - faking 2-deep zone and dropping another guy into the middle would seem like a good way to bait him into those deeper intermediate/seam throws, and then have a DB there ready to contest. And or pick. And or take it to the house.

Last edited:
Excellent news heard on NFLN that his return can come as early as next week Vs Seahawks. If he is ready to go then let him go!

Good News, that alone makes Denver have to create a different game plan..

Suspect that if is active on Sunday, he will have limited reps.. but what do I know, I predicted that Chandler would ease into defensive end.

Good point. I plan on sitting Hernandez on my fantasy team this weekend…but I keep thinking it twice and a third time over…
…I wonder how the Broncos Def Coordinator is dealing with how much time to alot to the double TE set vs. 3 wide looks depending on if or how much AH plays. Love it.
Having said that…please wait until he is 100%. We need him vs. the likes of Houston and SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes