PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Update: Hernandez returns to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome news,Great to see he's ahead of schedule in healing process. Just a matter of time now.

This is good news. It will be great news if he's still practicing on Friday.

If he represents an upgrade to the existing TE (based on what % of himself he is) and won't hurt the ankle any more, then why wouldn't he be out there.

Re: Practice Report: Hernandez Returns To The Field

Wow, just wow. The seflish part of me would like to see him sooner than later, but I am concerned he may be coming back too fast.

good news should be back for seattle

good news should be back for seattle

Yeah, I think we'll need him much more for this game over the Broncos game. Good stuff. ... and I have him in 2 of my fantasy leagues! Hahah ;)

If he practices tomorrow, it's 6 to midnight.

Definitely good news, but I don't expect him to be active this weekend.

Just checking but how many of you that said take your time, dont rush, or some variation are also the type to talk about someone being soft or injury prone when you add up games missed over a players career?

Players want to play and dont want to get stuck with the stigma of injury prone and once they are cleared to play they will and most if not all come back from their ailments well before %100. It is what it is.

Sounds like a test day, where they get him into the tubs right after practice and see if they can keep the ankle from swelling back up.

Man, I hated those days....

This!

Was at foot Dr Tuesday having sprained my ankle and wanting assurance I'd be OK on Italy trip tomorrow. Lots of walking. She said she never thought Gronk could/should play in SB. Husband made fun of her calling her a Jets fan when Gronk played. I hope Aaron the Navigator manages the ankle injury with reasonable aggressive care and returns once he can make the high speed cuts without re-agrivation.

He still wont be active for several more weeks.

What a quick healer! Medicinal marijuana working her magic once again.

Put me in the "take your time" camp. If the offense was struggling I might feel differently, but after hanging 82 points the last 2 weeks I don't feel any urgency here. Welker is getting many of the balls that would have gone to AH, and Lloyd seems to be getting more comfy in the offense.

Just because he can run and practice doesn't mean he can be effective. I say baby it for now.

Put me in the "take your time" camp. If the offense was struggling I might feel differently, but after hanging 82 points the last 2 weeks I don't feel any urgency here. Welker is getting many of the balls that would have gone to AH, and Lloyd seems to be getting more comfy in the offense.

Just because he can run and practice doesn't mean he can be effective. I say baby it for now.

Put me down for the "IN BB I TRUST" camp. Dr's and trainers will not rush him back. BB will listen to his medical people, if cleared to go - he plays.

I doubt that Belichick would rush him back if he felt that there was a serious risk of aggravating the injury and being unavailable/diminished down the stretch. I doubt Hernandez plays this week, but if he does it will probably be because the injury just wasn't as severe as it originally looked.

I doubt that Belichick would rush him back if he felt that there was a serious risk of aggravating the injury and being unavailable/diminished down the stretch. I doubt Hernandez plays this week, but if he does it will probably be because the injury just wasn't as severe as it originally looked.

As Deus noted earlier in the thread, it would seem that today was a "test" day to see if he could do much of anything without too much swelling. There were reports that he initially was limping in the beginning, so I would imagine that he's in the earlier stages of making it back. That said, there are still 10 days or so before the Seattle game, so we can hope that's the realistic date.

We've seen many players come back to practice on some level for multiple weeks before being active on gameday again.

I couldn't imagine any scenario where Hernandez would play this Sunday. He's only missed 2 games so far, even missing 3 would be pretty remarkable and put him on the early end of the 3-6 week period.

The good news is that he seems to be progressing pretty well so far. We'll know more in the coming days as to how he responded to running/cutting on it.

Even better news is that the offense put up 30 and 52 pts in his absence, once they had the ability to gameplan around the loss.

wow this is amazing news! I hope we let him take it easy and fully heal before coming back though. can't be too careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back