Rooting for? - Ratbids or Donkys

• Ratbirds

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Donkeys

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • Don’t give a rat’s *****, I hate them both equally – hoping for a tie

Votes: 74 57.4%

• Total voters
I'll settle for a long battle of attrition that remains undecided for 5 quarters and cripples both team for the rest of the season.

Ideally I want both teams to lose. But since it is in Denver and pressure is on to beat the Ravens because of the NFL signage in the Bronco's stadium I expect Manning to win. I am predicting the Broncos to go 12-4 and be the best in the AFL and then losing to the Pats (10-6) in the Championship game.

Go Pats

I want to see unibrow and forehead both throw 5 picks for TDs. The national media would implode,

Either scenario works for me, but I'd rather see the Broncos lose, given that they're at home and they're at their weakest right now, with Miller out.

Broncos have a team to challenge for the #1 spot in the AFC. Ravens will take a step back with changes on both sides of the ball. Go Ravens. Seeing a Peyton face late in the game would be a bonus.

I voted for the tie but upon reflection Satan Manning is a decent guy and HOF QB and the Donks have a WR I like so I'm pulling for Denvah. I hate the Ratbirds to a man.

If this were 1998, I would go for the Ravens. Many years after the Denver glory days, I still don't love the Donkeys (today's Donkeys are much like today's Colts). But I cannot stand the Cravens, and would happily see them go 0-16 after that Lombardi.

How could you omit the asteroid-strike option? :p

How could you omit the asteroid-strike option? :p

That's a given.... I was going for the hypothetical scenario.... (as if, assume we live another day :p )

I'll hold my nose and "root" for Baltimore. Given the respective divisions the Ravens have many more chances to lose throughout the season than Denver.

I think Denver wins, but I'm rooting for Baltimore, as I did in the playoff game last January.

I think the Ravens D makes some plays, but the lack of passing threats in the middle of the field (no Boldin or Pitta) makes it tough for Flacco to keep up with Manning and his receivers. Rice and Pierce need lots of success on the ground, to keep Manning off the field. Then play-action downfield to Smith or Jones.

Regardless, I just want to see some NFL football, I can't wait.

I respect the man but i hate the face .... Go Ravens!

7815073598_469143123f.jpg

Last edited:
If this were 1998, I would go for the Ravens. Many years after the Denver glory days, I still don't love the Donkeys (today's Donkeys are much like today's Colts). But I cannot stand the Cravens, and would happily see them go 0-16 after that Lombardi.

Agreed.
I'm over the Denver glory days with horse face at QB.

If the Ravens win, it will be all World Champions all the time, whereas win or lose it's all Peyton all the time anyway, so might as well knock off the champs buzz at the gate. I'm confident that Denver's D will cost them a few losses. The Ravens showed that they know how to play playoff football and the Donks, especially with Peyton have shown the opposite, so I'd rather have the seed advantage over the Ravens as opposed to the Donks who if we do our job will be gone before we play them post season.

Gawd, am I an optimist or what?

I'll be rooting for some good, old fashioned brute physicality followed by a tie.

#3 please...

Ravens all the way ... as long as Flacco gets a split lip requiring 50 stitches. :cool: We need the media's Super Bowl favorite to lose early and often.

If we are not going to win the Superbowl then I hope the Ravens win it again. Reason for that is because it will mean that a certain retired LB cannot be credited with being the force behind them winning it.

If we are not going to win the Superbowl then I hope the Ravens win it again. Reason for that is because it will mean that a certain retired LB cannot be credited with being the force behind them winning it.

LIKE f*** he won't. He'll get involved somehow, someway.

The shameless dignityphobe that he is.

Personally, I'll be rooting for the SMOD.

Sweet Meteor Of Death.

Strike square, straight down onto the stadium.

But that's just me....... :D

It's a regular season game, so I fully expect Manning to be on his game and Denver to win this one. If this was a playoff game I'd take Baltimore without hesitation.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back