PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night games ?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another problem that may arise is game attendence, how many fan's will not attend because of obligations on friday? It may be minimal, but it's still a bad thing for the home team.

How is that any different from having obligations on Monday?

When the price goes up and the product doesn't change I call that gouging.
If you are willing to pay the price it is your right to do so. I live in Arizona, Sunday ticket sure beats sports bars but to me you have to draw the line somewhere. I guess i'm just getting old
I guess I'd prefer everything to stay the same too. I'd love to buy a new car for $5K. As with everything else I make a decision whether the product is worth the price. If it is I buy it. If it's not I don't.

How is that any different from having obligations on Monday?
Or Tuesday for Monday night games. Some people complain just for the fun of it, I think. Me, I plan to enjoy watching the game tonight.

I've had Sunday Ticket for 3 seasons now and the price has gone up the last two seasons. I fully expect another price increase next year, I will seriously consider not re-upping and going instead with Sirius Radio. Somewhere along the line the gouging is gonna have to stop.

I have purchased the ST for the last 4 seasons. Yes, it is pricey, but as others have mentioned, much less than spending an afternoon at the bar. Unless you are the type that can get away with 1 beer and/or a few glasses of water.

I am keeping track of which games are on National or Local TV vs. what games are only available on the Ticket. So far here in Denver there have been (6) games that were only available on the Ticket and (5) on Local or National TV.

I'm pretty sure the Houston, Detroit, Tennessee and Jax games will not be aired here. The Miami game might.

So that would put it at (10) games on the ticket and (6) on local TV.

How much would I spend at the sportsbar in (10) trips? Even just food and soda?? How pissed would the GF be if I spent (10) Sundays at the sportsbar?

The other advantage of the Ticket is watching any other game I want to. I would also figure this into any cost analysis.

What about the stuff you can get done during commercials around the house? Laundry etc. Can't do that while I'm out.

Just my 2 cents.

I have purchased the ST for the last 4 seasons. Yes, it is pricey, but as others have mentioned, much less than spending an afternoon at the bar. Unless you are the type that can get away with 1 beer and/or a few glasses of water.

I am keeping track of which games are on National or Local TV vs. what games are only available on the Ticket. So far here in Denver there have been (6) games that were only available on the Ticket and (5) on Local or National TV.

I'm pretty sure the Houston, Detroit, Tennessee and Jax games will not be aired here. The Miami game might.

How much would I spend at the sportsbar in (10) trips? Even just food and soda?? How pissed would the GF be if I spent (10) Sundays at the sportsbar?

The other advantage of the Ticket is watching any other game I want to. I would also figure this into any cost analysis.

What about the stuff you can get done during commercials around the house? Laundry etc. Can't do that while I'm out.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with your cost analysis and how about throwing in a possible DUI!! You's guys have talked me into renewing!! Merry christmas to all - can I mention Christmas in this forum?

I don't mean to rub salt in the wound but, I'm lucky, I live in Las Vegas, I just have to got to the local sports book to see all the games. The only problem is no sound, and that I have to work weekends. But, if I want the NFL network I have to upgrade to digital cable w/ the digital box, that brings my bill to $65 a mo. Then I have to pay an extra $4.95 for NFL, or $9.95 if I want to watch the game live on thursday. Ain't gonna happen. Dish? Have to pay extra for local service, after paying for all the packages so I can have the few channels I want. Right now I have basic, no box, plugged into the back of my tv, that way I can delete the channels I don't want, I cant do that with either digital cable or dish.

Just my 2 cents.

You do laundry? :eek: :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes