PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Week 2 Steelers vs. Ravens

Smith is kinda a prick anyways. He belongs on the Ravens. Seems like the type of guy we'd get whose great all season but when the playoffs come around probably gets shut down.
You watched the Superbowl right?

Ravens defense giving up nothing this half.

I don't like either team - but I can't believe how horrible the refs have been tonight. They're handing this game to the Ravens. It's only going to get worse as the season goes on, sadly.

lol 04. Couple big catches and a TD. Tough guy who does not wilt under pressure.
Yeah still that was 10 years ago. He's still a fiesty player but we already have too many midgets. Don't get me wrong I'd take the guy aboard for sure but I don't think it's a killer not getting him. Would be nice if Brandon "Tate" LaFell becomes something but doesn't seem like wide outs who struggle early ever succeed here.

hard to understand the Steeler mindset for this game...did they even care?

What kills me is there are literally thousands of Ray Rice jerseys being worn by fans.

And yeah, the refs are calling this game to favour the Ravens. It's just not possible that all those bad calls were anything less than intentional.

personally, if we couldn't get a meteor strike on the stadium, I was at least hoping the Steelers could pull one out here, but even THEY can't seem to fight both the Ravens and the refs at the same time.

Last edited:
Flacco tried to do what Brady did in the 2011 AFCCG and failed.

I'll readily admit that I was way off predicting this game. Based on the two team's week one games and the whole Ray Rice situation, I figured Pittsburgh would probably win by a close score, and possibly win in a blowout.

Way off on that one.

If you look at the stats, at first glance you would think this was a really close game. Three turnovers to zero, and nine penalties for 75 yards versus four for 35 yards was the big difference.

If box score listed stats in order of importance, those two would be up at the top rather than at the bottom.

What kills me is there are literally thousands of Ray Rice jerseys being worn by fans.

Yeah, that's ridiculous. My 9 year old son is a big Ravens fan. I can't explain it; I'm seriously questioning my parental skills based solely on this. But he had a Rice jersey and threw it away on his own volition.

I told him that Rice did a bad thing, but didn't try to go into it too much due to his age.

How an adult can still don that jersey is baffling.

I'll readily admit that I was way off predicting this game. Based on the two team's week one games and the whole Ray Rice situation, I figured Pittsburgh would probably win by a close score, and possibly win in a blowout.

Way off on that one.

You and me both. I, too, thought that it might be close game with Pittsburgh pulling out the win, but nothing like this occurred to me.

In enemy territory tonight. Due to work I'm in Baltimore a lot due to work. They do know how to party and tailgate in Federal Hill. Block party cookouts all over Baltimore's trendy areas. They pi$$ me off drafting players I fall in love with and want to be patriots. CJ Mosley is a 3 down terror I wanted Bill to trade up to get. I also liked Arthur Brown, thought we could get him in round 3. They also got Kelechi Osemele I really liked a lot and he is looking very dominant at guard. However Fleming has very similar size and talent to Osemele and more intelligent than Osemele so lets put him in at guard. Most of my friends are Ravens fans so I really hate losing to them. However there are plenty of patriot fans here to.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back