PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Week 2 Steelers vs. Ravens

Miller looking good. Open with plenty of space repeatedly.

i hope a russian "satellite" falls from the sky and hits the stadium

That was a big stop for Baltimore. Pitt does the right call and kicks the field goal

That was a big stop for Baltimore. Pitt does the right call and kicks the field goal
And now has a chance to tie it up before the half. Let's see if this game opens up a bit now.

Halftime Stats of Note:

Total Yards

Pittsburgh 183, Baltimore 108

Yards per Play
Pittsburgh 5.5, Baltimore 4.0

Yards per Rush
Pittsburgh 4.8, Baltimore 2.7

Offset by some positives for the Ravens/negatives for Steelers:

Turnovers (takeaways)
Ravens 1, Steelers 0

Red Zone efficiency
Ravens 1-2, Steelers 0-1

Penalties
Steelers (5) for 58 yards, Ravens (1) for 5 yards

Sacks allowed
Steelers 1 (loss of 8 yards), Ravens zero

Yards per Point
(Measures offensive (or defensive) efficiency; lower is better on offense)
Steelers 61.0; Ravens 10.8

(For a perspective, in 2013 the Broncos were the best in the NFL in 2013 with 12.1 offensive YPP and the Texans were worst at 20.1; defensively Carolina was best at 20.0 and Washington was last at 11.9. 61 yards per point is off the charts.)

Flacco...10/14 for 68 yards in the 1st half

Yawnball

That's not a penalty. **** you Goodell.

speak of the devil, pastinthesnow...

Is it just me or has every sustained drive in this game (8+ plays or so) been extended by a personal foul?

I havent posted alot, but these defensive penalties are a load of crap. This is the same BS that we took in the Miami game. If this is the direction the league is going, Its not good. Not good at all. I cant stand either team playing tonight, but come on, this is tackle football right????

Mike Carey an officiating expert? Wait a minute..

BS on that second personal foul analysis by CBS. He got hit on the top of the shoulder. The first foul was an outright joke.

I understand not allowing helmet to helmet contact, but it seems that hitting receivers and quarterbacks is outlawed. Might as well not have defensive players on the field at all if this is the way it's going to be.

On a separate note I'd rather have Steve Smith Sr. then that scrub Lafail.

Smith never even made the trip here...:(

Smith is kinda a prick anyways. He belongs on the Ravens. Seems like the type of guy we'd get whose great all season but when the playoffs come around probably gets shut down.

It really is a shame Browns didn't complete that comeback.

It Is What It Is >> Patriots were close on wide receiver Steve Smith

“I had spoken to Coach Belichick personally when I was at the airport on my way to Baltimore,” Smith told reporters. “We had a conversation that indicated that they were very interested in me. And I was also open to going there as well, but I really felt like after sitting here that (Baltimore) is the place that I felt would best fit me, and they convinced me that I would fit in here very well.”​

Why are people acting like Smith was even an option? He went to Baltimore first and didn't leave. Which indicates that's who he wanted to play for.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back