Thursday Night Football returning to CBS for 2015 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Go Pats !
Good news, Phil Simms fans! Thursday Night Football is returning to CBS for the 2015 NFL season.

The league announced Sunday in a statement that the network arrangement, which began this past regular season, will continue for next season. There also will be an option for the 2016 season, which the league can pick up or decline and open for bidding to other networks if it choses.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...turning-to-cbs-for-2015-season-180914019.html

I think it would be great if the Patriots escaped without a Thursday night gane, but I am not counting on it with this news.
So what Patriot game will be on ?

I assume Pats - Giants is too big a game.
Will it be Pats/Jets again or one of the other big market NFC East teams ?

I think it would be great if the Patriots escaped without a Thursday night gane, but I am not counting on it with this news.
So what Patriot game will be on ?

Given that the league's goal is to have every team play a Thursday night game, that seems unlikely.

I believe they try and do Division games so that the short week doesn't effect either team as much as they have a lot of info on teams already. I would guess the Bills this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back