PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football....Raiders @ Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs will be a handful if the Pats are lucky enough to make it that far in the playoffs...
The patriots will be a handful if the chiefs are lucky enough to make it to the afccg

that game was evenly matched - bunch of scoring changes

Doesn't change the fact the home team (us) lost and was physically handled most of the game.
Raiders were against an evenly matched team on the road.

Anyone have thoughts if the NBC wire interfered with the Carr's pass?

Since we are 24h after the game and no one has yet posted a picture or video of it happening I will just assume that it never happened and that Carr just didn't throw a clean ball. Given his injury and the cold it's the most likely explanation.

Since we are 24h after the game and no one has yet posted a picture or video of it happening I will just assume that it never happened and that Carr just didn't throw a clean ball. Given his injury and the cold it's the most likely explanation.
I'm somewhat surprised. The video I've seen is inconclusive, although the motion of the ball appears to change. You can bet there would be a long thread on this if it was a Patriot's game. Even more so, if Brady threw the ball. Oh well, its not as if the Patriots haven't been screwed over a number of times.

So what if the ball hit the wire , it would be like hitting the ref, doesn't change the play. or the ball going over the non extended uprights or someone getting tackled from behind loosing possession of the ball at the 1 yard line and having the ball fly out the side of the end zone and not having it be Patriots ball at the 20 yard line...**** happens

I am still not afraid of either of these teams. KC turned the ball over 3 times and only scored 14 points on offense against a bad Oakland defense.

I've never been a big fan of Alex Smith.

It's going to be interesting to see how the Chiefs defense handles the loss of Johnson going forward. They still have a game against Denver at home which should be competitive.

The two places that I wouldn't want to play come playoff time are at Denver and at Kansas City. In a perfect scenario we could play the AFC South winner our first game and then have the Raiders come to Foxboro on a cold and snowy day for the AFC Championship.

I'm taking that to another level. The Raiders game comes down to a fumble by Carr because the Raider crybabies lobbied for ten years to have the tuck rule changed. I'm pretty sure I put that on my list to Santa.

So what if the ball hit the wire , it would be like hitting the ref, doesn't change the play. or the ball going over the non extended uprights or someone getting tackled from behind loosing possession of the ball at the 1 yard line and having the ball fly out the side of the end zone and not having it be Patriots ball at the 20 yard line...**** happens

If it hit the wire they apparently needed to replay that down. It's supposedly clower to a videowall being hit than an official in terms of rules.

It absolutely hit the wire. You can tell by the reaction of the open WR. It was a huge play and I enjoyed it for a couple of reasons. It was the Raiders who got burned and it's another thing that the owners can lay at the feet of Goodildo.

That whole play was weird. Carr's motion on the throw was terrible (his pinky), the ball kinda floated out there and then went left when Cooper was leaning right. Hitting the wire makes sense, but a result of Carr's messed up throw (the ball was higher than usual).

I've never been a big fan of Alex Smith.

Alex Smith is Chad Pennington redux with a stronger arm. He's exactly the type of QB that gives BB a massive headache:

1. Smart with the ball, doesn't make too many unforced mistakes.

2. Accurate.

3. Mobile.

He doesn't overwhelm anyone but I bet that BB has a lot of effusive praise for him behind closed doors.

Alex Smith is Chad Pennington redux with a stronger arm. He's exactly the type of QB that gives BB a massive headache:

1. Smart with the ball, doesn't make too many unforced mistakes.

2. Accurate.

3. Mobile.

He doesn't overwhelm anyone but I bet that BB has a lot of effusive praise for him behind closed doors.

Yeah, he's better now than he was in the past. I think I let one game in 2011 vs the Giants affect my thinking too much. He's actually done pretty well against us with KC and would be a tough match this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots