PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans

Aside from being the top ranked QB this year, you mean?

He's had either 3 or 4 TD's thrown in 67 percent of his games thus far (4 of 6).

Rivers is also having a good year too, but statistically Luck is ahead of him.

This all said, he's also prone to mistakes--but I think he's in a fairly good place for being so young.

The bottom line is that you pretty much know that you're getting a 350 yd game every week, with the ability to tuck the ball down and run 5-6 times throughout the course of the game. That's not too shabby at all.

This all said, he's also prone to mistakes--but I think he's in a fairly good place for being so young.

The bottom line is that you pretty much know that you're getting a 350 yd game every week, with the ability to tuck the ball down and run 5-6 times throughout the course of the game. That's not too shabby at all.

He's the best young QB in the game.

Russel Wilson might be the best of that class. It's hard to say though. It would be interesting to know how they would have faired if they switched teams. Also, I haven't checked stats, but Russel may take care of the ball a bit more. He doesn't seem to ever screw up when I see him.

Fourth Quarter Stats

First Downs: Colts 4, Texans 4
Third Down: Colts 2/6, Texans 0/1

Total Yards: Colts 52, Texans 77
Yards per Play: Colts 2.4, Texans 7.7
Total Plays: Colts 22, Texans 10
Time of Possession: Colts 10:17, Texans 4:43

Net Passing Yards: Colts 31, Texans 43
Completions: Colts 3/9, 33%; Texans 3/4, 75%
Net Yards per Pass: Colts 3.4, Texans 10.8

Rushing Yards: Colts 21, Texans 34

Red Zone: Colts 0/0 (0%), Texans 0/0 (0%)

Turnovers: Colts 1, Texans 2

Final Game Statistics

First Downs: Colts 27, Texans 18
Third Down: Colts 8/16, Texans 1/8

Total Yards: Colts 456, Texans 332
Yards per Play: Colts 6.6, Texans 3.9 xxxx
Total Plays: Colts 82, Texans 52
Time of Possession: Colts 36:49, Texans 23:11

Net Passing Yards: Colts 363, Texans 196
Completions: Colts 25/44, 57%; Texans 15/23, 65%
Touchdowns/Interceptions: 3/1, Texans 1/0
Net Yards per Pass: Colts 7.7, Texans 7.0

Rushing Yards: Colts 93, Texans 136
Yards per Rush: Colts 2.7, Texans 5.7

Red Zone: Colts 3/5 (60%), Texans 3/3 (100%)

Turnovers: Colts 2, Texans 2

Field Goals: Colts 2/2, Texans 0/1

Aside from being the top ranked QB this year, you mean?

He's had either 3 or 4 TD's thrown in 67 percent of his games thus far (4 of 6).

Rivers is also having a good year too, but statistically Luck is ahead of him.

Throws a lot of picks and hasn't distinguished himself in the post season yet. I just don't see him as a dangerous quarterback when it'll matter and won't see him that way until he does something. I'd much rather see Luck in he post season than Russell Wilson.

Flustered post-game sideline reporter:

"It just shows how ready he was ready to play this game. He said he was ready on Wednesday."

Yes, but are you ready to say something if the teleprompter isn't working?

Throws a lot of picks and hasn't distinguished himself in the post season yet. I just don't see him as a dangerous quarterback when it'll matter and won't see him that way until he does something. I'd much rather see Luck in he post season than Russell Wilson.

You didn't watch last year's playoffs, when he led the second largest playoff comeback in NFL history, I take it.

You didn't watch last year's playoffs, when he led the second largest playoff comeback in NFL history, I take it.

Against the 2013 Pretender Chiefs in the Wildcard round. Then he got an epic beat down by the Patriots + threw 4 interceptions.

Against the 2013 Pretender Chiefs in the Wildcard round. Then he got an epic beat down by the Patriots + threw 4 interceptions.

Yes, he's lost to the SB champions and to a far superior Patriots team in his 2 years in the league. He's also been behind the second biggest playoff comeback in NFL playoff history.

That's a nice start, and he's clearly already distinguished himself in the playoffs with that KC game.

Good game for the neutral. A pleasure to watch Johnson, Foster, my boy Hilton. Great call and execution of the on-side kick. The difference: Stanford > Harvard.

It's an absolute pleasure to watch Luck. Greatness in the making.

Congrats to the Vinatraitor (j/k) by the way - he's the first man in history to score 900 points with two different teams.

Congrats to the Vinatraitor (j/k) by the way - he's the first man in history to score 900 points with two different teams.
At this rate, he could probably do it with a 3rd team. Dude seemingly hasn't slowed down at all.

I would definitely agree, his durability and toughness will prove his able to be able to take shots. Once Wilson takes that big hit, and I predict one day he will , he'll be far less durable.

My vote is for Luck hands down...

viniatraitor ? why ? we are the ones that let him go in the first place !

I still wonder if Luck will ever live up to his expectations. He has all the talent in the world, but he has the tendency to be a really dumb QB at times. The Colts could have beaten Denver earlier this year, but Luck gave away the ball on an incredibly dumb pass for INT. He had some dumb throws last night.

He will be a top QB in this league, but I wonder if he will be in the discussion for the greatest of all time or even the elite QBs. It hurt Favre to be turnover prone. He is never in the discussion anymore for the best QBs of all time. He was the elite QB of his time, but that was during an era when there were no other elite QBs. But when people talk about the greatest QBs of all time, you hear Brady, Manning, Montana, Young, and Elway and rarely Favre.

If T-Rich wasn't a first round pick he would be a bench warmer right now. Not the one of him and Bradshaw who gets the most runs.

Luck right now is in elite status up there with Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Manning. He has a chance to be on the of the greatest ever. I was saying this last year and got ripped into.

I know AJ fumbled and so did Fitz, but that awful PI called was a major turning point in the game.

I still wonder if Luck will ever live up to his expectations. He has all the talent in the world, but he has the tendency to be a really dumb QB at times. The Colts could have beaten Denver earlier this year, but Luck gave away the ball on an incredibly dumb pass for INT. He had some dumb throws last night.

He will be a top QB in this league, but I wonder if he will be in the discussion for the greatest of all time or even the elite QBs. It hurt Favre to be turnover prone. He is never in the discussion anymore for the best QBs of all time. He was the elite QB of his time, but that was during an era when there were no other elite QBs. But when people talk about the greatest QBs of all time, you hear Brady, Manning, Montana, Young, and Elway and rarely Favre.

I must be watching a different game than you, but Luck is already a top QB and is probably the Offensive MVP so far. He is a freak of nature size and skill wise, there's no doubt he will go down as one of the best ever

It's an absolute pleasure to watch Luck. Greatness in the making.

The future is in good hands. With Luck, JJ Watt, Rodgers and Wilson it seems like the NFL has some marketable good guys as Brady, Manning and Brees pass the torch.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back