PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Broncos may not get past the first round of the playoffs as that effort was not the most convincing against a very weak team.

An interesting point I read somewhere: while this is obviously not a 100% correlation, in recent years, teams that blow cr*ppy opponents out of the water are more likely to make it past the first round of the playoffs than teams that "grit out" a lot of wins.

Last edited:
They lost by 3 points to cleveland. not even close to a blowout.

Oakland got blown out by mostly good teams. Miami was the only losing team that beat them up pretty good.

It's always fascinating the way that P6's ten win seasons count as an individual accomplishment but his poor playoff record is due to the teams' weaknesses.

I don't think the Pats will meet Denver in the playoffs. If form holds true P6 will go one and done for the 8th time in 12 playoff tries.

It's great to see my curse on the Oakland Raiders is still holding strong after 12 years (wow, where have the years gone?). They won't win again until Patriot year AB26 or beyond.

There was a term that announcers use to use to describe a move by QBs who weren't sure in the pocket. That term has gone away now that P6 has been doing it for his career. They used to call it happy feet, but not any more.

The AFCW is a joke and that is why P6 was always going to be going there once Indy tanked the season on purpose and let a HOF QB walk away. All of the talk about other places was a smokescreen. He probably took one look at the makeup of the other three AFCW teams and knew it was the place for him. The schedule probably helped too.

PMoney (that was the name that one Indy fan used to call him, no, really, he did) has definitely lost the zip that he had on his passes.

Al Davis didn't/doesn't deserve the grief he takes from some places. He helped in a big way to put the AFL on the map.

Just noticed that the fat black woman on the bus in the NFL mobile commercial was the psychic in Jeepers Creepers.

Her career really took off. :bricks:

same woman who plays the federal prosecuting attorney on "bones".

Every Coach in the AFC West not named John Foxx should be fired what a disgrace of a Division. Seriously can the Broncos have it any easier? All those Teams not named Denver have thrown in the towel since week 2.:mad:

Every Coach in the AFC West not named John Foxx should be fired what a disgrace of a Division. Seriously can the Broncos have it any easier? All those Teams not named Denver have thrown in the towel since week 2.:mad:

Sadly true, this speaks volumes about Pioli, Romeo, et. al. good guys that I liked but who, including Matty "Melted Ice" Cassell have really tanked post Foxboro.

Last edited:

Now i understand y Pay-me-a-ton chose the Broncos, My grandmother would have won the MVP quarterbacking that team

For as much fanfarre as it's being made of Peyton Manning's performance, the Broncos offense doesn't scare me that much. Watching them, I never get the feeling they could explode and just lay 45 on you without breaking a sweat. Some teams like the Patriots, the Packers, the Saints or the Texans have that ability, and that's why I think, ultimately, they're more dangerous opponents, even if Denver does have a pretty good defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back