PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Dallas vs. Chicago

I'll tell ya', living out here in Bears country gives me front row seats to the debacle that is the Chicago Bears.

They are going to be very bad for a very long time as long as George McCaskey continues to keep Ted Phillips in charge of football ops.

Phillips, btw, is a financial guy with no football background. Phil Emery's drafts thus far have been hit-or-miss. Trestman is bad at coaching football on the NFL level.

I remember when they had brought in Bruce Arians and forced him to conduct a mock press conference.

Yeah, for real.

That was one of the litmus tests McCaskey and Phillips demanded in order to become the next head coach.

Obviously, Arians was vexed, since he had been the interim coach at Indianapolis the previous year while Pagano received treatment for his illness.

Overall, the Bears need a complete overhaul if they want to compete with the best organizations in the NFL. First, they will need to demote Phillips and have him stick to the business side only. Then, hire a president of football ops who actually has a football background and allow him to make all the decisions, including whether or not to keep Emery and by extension Trestman.

But that will never happen, because the Bears ownership is clueless. And I would not have it any other way, since one of my favorite pastimes is to listen to 670 the score post game after embarrassing Bears losses to hear Ed O'Braddovich and Doug Bafone rant and rave. I highly recommend. Comic gold.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back