PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Browns at Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
...We have very good players..

Who is the last "very good" player this team had in the defensive secondary, in your opinion? If you're not counting Meriweather, you have to go back to the days of Harrison/Samuel/Hobbs/Sanders to see any "very good player" in this team's back 4.

What a first half. That division features tough physical play with really close games. I think the level of hate between CLE, Cincy, Pitt, and B'More is pretty much unmatched. All these teams seem to enjoy pounding each other on offense and defense.

Who is the last "very good" player this team had in the defensive secondary, in your opinion? If you're not counting Meriweather, you have to go back to the days of Harrison/Samuel/Hobbs/Sanders to see any "very good player" in this team's back 4.

I feel like we drafted ourselves out of the talent that we used to have…whereas before we had some good, home grown players.

One of the worst things about the Ravens becoming media darlings (who woulda' thunk it) is that we have to hear so much BS. If I have to spend a whole season hearing how Brady is losing it and Flacco is an elite QB I will slit my wrists before week sixteen.

penalties in ravens games

week 1 , ravens 6 , bengals 3
week 2 , ravens 6, eagles 7
week 3, ravens 14, patriots 10
week 4 (so far) ravens 5, browns 3

ravens total = 31
opponents = 23

Breaking news, another boring thursday night game..

Chung is a very good player, McCourty is a also a very good player, they are not in the league of the best, but they are very good in my opinion.
I am watching other teams bring pressure once in a while and I can watch a whole game of our defense and not once can you see anything resembling a blitz. Flacco is known to struggle against blitzes, yet what do Patricia do? Nothing resembling blitzes. If you can be creative with your pressure, you can hide any perceived deficiencies in the secondary.
BB is still so worried about big plays against us that I believe it has inculcated fear into our DBs not to look for the ball but rather stop a huge play from leading to a TD. They absolutely risked nothing, yet we die by the slow death.
I don't get it really, we don't send the pressure, yet get burnt by the deep balls, so what will really be the difference if we send house at the other QB for once?
All these I attribute to coaching and BB is who I hold this against. Not bashing BB at all, I have too much respect for him, I just feel he needs help from someone who has a good pulse on today's NFL.

Last edited:
Flacco looks for a flag every time he throws an incompletion.

I feel like we drafted ourselves out of the talent that we used to have…whereas before we had some good, home grown players.

I tend to agree with this. I know we have discussed this as a possible coaching issue at this forum but I am more inclined to think it is a drafting problem. I don't think we consider athleticism as highly as we should.

The problem with judging the quality of the players in the secondary is the plain vanilla defense that the Pats play. They rarely blitz or stunt on the dL to get pressure on the QB and usually play a soft zone allow unlimited completions underneath. The Browns are doing a good job getting pressure on Flacco by stunting and selective blitzing where the Pats got nothing with their base 4 man rush (and I'm giving Nickovich the benefit of the doubt that he is a pass rusher).

Flacco positively stinks!

Browns D need to hld to a FG or it could be over. their d is playing ok but their offense is terrible

Flacco looks for a flag every time he throws an incompletion.

Opposing teams complain Brady looks for a flag anytime a defender enters his personal space. To each their own.
After last week, I think Flacco got used long completions and long PI calls.

Love seeing Pollard flagged. Wish they flagged him every play. Another Raven worth hating.

Pollard is a dirty M-Fer

thank god......Pollard with a personal foul

its about god damn time....

Hasn't Norwood always been Mr Stonehands. Gotta' make those plays against the Ravens when you are the poor Browns.

thank god......Pollard with a personal foul

its about god damn time....

That looked like a clean tackle to me. I think one of the replacement refs sneaked into the field.

Nothing Pollard does on a football field is clean. They should just toss a flag at his feet at the start of every play and decide later what foul to call.

Watch the Browns will take a shot at backing the Ravens up and will end up with a def holding call that gives them a first

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes