PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football-Browns At Bengals

Don't know what you're going to get from Cincy on a weekly basis. They did look kind of bad vs the Jags last week @ home, Jags were actually in that game for a bit .... Dalton didn't look good as well.

Browns won tonight vs the Bengals without Jordan Cameron, Andrew Hawkins, and Josh Gordon. Pretty big loss for Cincy, this will definitely come back to haunt them if they turn it around.

And shouldn't the Browns have a better record? I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Cundiff missed some big kicks early in the season vs the Ravens and the Steelers.

Dalton is in the group with

Romo
Cutler
Fitzpicksix

as guys who flash just enough for teams to buy in, but end up as coach killers. Kaepernick seems to be heading down that path right now, too.

You take away a lead back and a healthy AJ Green away from Dalton and he is absolute garbage. He better hope Green gets to 100% and Benard returns soon or he may find himself out of a job. His contract is a series of one year deals and there is no way they are going to keep him if he continues to play like this.... Granted it is the Bungles so maybe they give him a salary increase.

dalton passer rating 2.0 is less than # of interceptions...

AND his completions! ...among many others :)

Browns:

#1 in opposing QBR
#4 in points allowed

When Gordon comes back, this is the type of team that could do some damage in the playoffs. Too bad they didn't draft a WR2 instead of Gilbert.

I really hope they win the division. The way they control the clock and play defense, they could deliver some epic divisional round Manning faces.

Browns:

#1 in opposing QBR
#4 in points allowed

When Gordon comes back, this is the type of team that could do some damage in the playoffs. Too bad they didn't draft a WR2 instead of Gilbert.

I really hope they win the division. The way they control the clock and play defense, they could deliver some epic divisional round Manning faces.

Too bad Alex Mack got hurt. An OL of Joe Thomas - Joel Bitonio - Alex Mack would be fun to watch.

the browns have all the pieces so long as hoyer plays mistake free football

But knowing the browns they will toss in manziel and it will all fall apart as hoyer moves on to another team next year.

Browns:

#1 in opposing QBR
#4 in points allowed

Their pass defense is exceptional.

Was reading that Gordon still has a DUI case pending and it might impact when he returns to the team.

This Browns team is no joke. I think that they can beat the Broncos right now. If the Pats have an off day that would also be a tough game.

Browns:

#1 in opposing QBR
#4 in points allowed

It's too bad they didn't draft Kelvin Benjamin instead of Johnny Clipboard

If they had drafted Bridgewater who has the #1 overall pick in several mocks , that would not be a waste because although Hoyer is playing well, no one knows if this is real in fact and if he is going to keep this level of playing, also having a QB for the future is always a good strategy and Bridgewater was a good prospect.

Manziel was really a bad call on that division that have a history of tough and physical defenses, I could see Manziel fitting in other schemes.

If they had drafted Bridgewater who has the #1 overall pick in several mocks , that would not be a waste because although Hoyer is playing well, no one knows if this is real in fact and if he is going to keep this level of playing, also having a QB for the future is always a good strategy and Bridgewater was a good prospect.

Manziel was really a bad call on that division that have a history of tough and physical defenses, I could see Manziel fitting in other schemes.

Except for the fact that last year hoyer was KILLING it as the starting QB before getting hurt, and then this year has been carrying the team despite the fact that his weapons are injured or suspended.

Hoyer has earned himself a pretty nice payday next year.

This was a boring game. The Browns defense looked good. I don't think they are a player in the AFC, although their schedule is really easy so they could sneak in, but i doubt it.

Hoyer is an ok QB, i've watched a few of their games and he's been lucky that he hasn't turned the ball over. He doesn't have many weapons, but his accuracy lately has been a problem. He seems to be overthrowing WRs and throwing into coverage when he goes in the middle of the field. His completion percentage is less than 60% which is not good. Saying that 4 int's is pretty good and he's coming off a major knee injury. He's an inexperienced starter so the game should get slower and his accuracy should improve

It's too bad they didn't draft Kelvin Benjamin instead of Johnny Clipboard

The trade at 4 looked good on paper. But they should have taken Sammy Watkins.

I think looking at it now, it's basically Sammy Watkins (stud WR) for Gilbert and the 15-20 pick.

Marvin Lewis is overrated... he is made more for "Hard Knocks" than the NFL, overall record is 95-89... surprised he still has a job. Perhaps Cincinnati is used to mediocrity.

Perhaps a few more parolees might help..

As long as the Browns don't really screw up & let FA Hoyer walk & get signed by the Jets, I'm good

We knew the Browns had a capable defense.

The Browns are actually pretty lousy on defense this year. Other than shutting down a struggling Pitt team, last night was their first excellent performance of the season.

I have always said that Hoyer is the best pats backup I have ever seen.

I can think of one better. :)

Browns:

#1 in opposing QBR
#4 in points allowed

The Browns have played an embarrassingly easy slate of games. DVOA has them as the 21st defense, which is much closer to their actual level of play thus far.

Their pass defense is exceptional.

Was reading that Gordon still has a DUI case pending and it might impact when he returns to the team.

This Browns team is no joke. I think that they can beat the Broncos right now. If the Pats have an off day that would also be a tough game.

Their pass defense is average, and their run defense is poor. Denver would win by at least 17 points.

Their pass defense is average,
The numbers and the eyes disagree with you.
Denver would win by at least 17 points.

"One N' Done Peyton" in the playoffs vs a top 5 pass defense in potentially cold weather? History also disagrees with you.

The numbers and the eyes disagree with you.

"One N' Done Peyton" in the playoffs vs a top 5 pass defense in potentially cold weather? History also disagrees with you.

No they don't. I know of several eyes that agree as does DVOA. The measurements where Cleveland is ranked favorably are those that don't take their schedule into consideration.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back