PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football-Browns At Bengals

hoyer looks like brady 2001-2003 a little bit.

So Hoyer is Brady-lite and Dalton is Peyton-lite

Lol 2.0 passer rating for Dalton. I knew the bengals were gonna regret giving him that big contract, same with flacco and Cutler.

Hoyer's gotta work on his QB sneaks.

Hoyer :"My time in New England, under Coach Bill Belichick we ignored the noise a lot.Thats what I did"

My favorite thing about this game was the moment in the 4th quarter at 24 to 3 when one of the commentators said "this game's not over yet!" followed literally 2 seconds later by a Dalton pick. In my mind it went something like this: "this game's not over yet!" *pick* "ok now it's over."
Something similar was said Sunday too regarding the Broncos, it was waaaaay into the 4th at that time.

Less the pick.

The Bengals have this huge hole right through the center of their organization. A black emptiness. No doubt they have a collection of talent to rival just about any team in the NFL. It's strange that year after year they lay down half way through the season. Weird.

Owner - GM - HC - QB

That's why the Patriots win and the Jets lose. It works for almost every team in the league.

You need more than just that foursome, but they are the key.

It's pretty surprising how the afc is shaping up. If I had to predict the seedings at the end of the year I'd predict:

1. NE
2.DEN
3. PITT
4.IND
5/6. Miami and Cleveland

That's just taking a shot at it after looking at all the schedules of remaining contenders. Cleveland actually has a very favorable schedule down the stretch. They have a pretty good shot in every one of their remaining games outside of when they face Indy.

NE
DEN
CLE
IND

Chiefs and Steelers? Maybe the Bills.

I don't know, but Cleveland looked great tonight. I think they take the North

Besides Jimmy G, I have always said that Hoyer is the best pats backup I have ever seen. Never understood how no one really wanted him after we released him and the funny thing is that he is EXACTLY the same as when we had him.

I had a feeling similar to this when teams, like the Steelers for example, couldn't field a decent special teams squad to save their lives and we had guys like eric alexander, woods, etc just sitting there doing nothing and no one traded for them or even gave them a sniff when we got around to cutting them.

The Patriots know how to develop QBs

For the record, that QB rating of 2.0 was rounded UP from 1.9 something.....dumpster fire if there ever was one,,,Genoesque.

Last edited:
We knew the Browns had a capable defense. All they needed was halfway acceptable QB play, and that was shown last season when Hoyer was 3-0 in his starts. He's now 9-3.

I'm embarrassed as those who actually thought that Johnny freaking Manziel would automatically be the starter there this year. That never made an ounce of sense for the coaching staff, or the team's overall chance at success this year.

ANyone still think Cincy will be a tough game for Denver? There is another W for them.

It doesn't look good at this moment, however, the Cincy-Denver game is over a month away.
Cincy has some talent/ability and they certainly could turn around this putrid performance and recent lackluster play.
Cincy's game with Denver is in Cincy (nasty weather?). Now look at the current AFC home records: Patriots 5-0, Denver 5-0, Cincy 4-1, Pitt 4-1, Cleveland 4-1, Indy 3-1, Baltimore 3-1, KC 3-1, SD 3-1.
Playing at home is a big boost even for Cincy (even if not last night).

Given the facts of playing at home, given that teams frequently hit rocky stretches but (sometimes) pull out of it by December, I'm not sold on Cincy being unable to give Denver a game. Let's see where it's at around the end of this month....

We knew the Browns had a capable defense. All they needed was halfway acceptable QB play, and that was shown last season when Hoyer was 3-0 in his starts. He's now 9-3.

I'm embarrassed as those who actually thought that Johnny freaking Manziel would automatically be the starter there this year. That never made an ounce of sense for the coaching staff, or the team's overall chance at success this year.

I'd question if JM was even worth the spot where Cleveland drafted him. IMHO he is not mature/ready to lead an NFL passing offense (at least that my own estimation/guess).
Fans who get caught up in the hype and headlines like to jump on these types of bandwagons. I don't think there is anything wrong with it per se but it isn't serious football chat.

It doesn't look good at this moment, however, the Cincy-Denver game is over a month away.
Cincy has some talent/ability and they certainly could turn around this putrid performance and recent lackluster play.
Cincy's game with Denver is in Cincy (nasty weather?). Now look at the current AFC home records: Patriots 5-0, Denver 5-0, Cincy 4-1, Pitt 4-1, Cleveland 4-1, Indy 3-1, Baltimore 3-1, KC 3-1, SD 3-1.
Playing at home is a big boost even for Cincy (even if not last night).

Given the facts of playing at home, given that teams frequently hit rocky stretches but (sometimes) pull out of it by December, I'm not sold on Cincy being unable to give Denver a game. Let's see where it's at around the end of this month....

We have an old saying in the betting community as it pertains to football, and I think it applies here in some form:

"Teams are rarely as good or as bad as they looked the week before"---meaning that even the teams that are good/bad as a whole have different degrees of playing well (or poorly).

As you say, the CIN/DEN game will be under different circumstances than they are today on 11/7.

ANyone still think Cincy will be a tough game for Denver? There is another W for them.

The Bengals are a hot and cold team that bows out in round one of the playoffs. They could lose 51-3 to the Raiders one week, and come back and beat the Broncos the next.

It's what they are.

I'd question if JM was even worth the spot where Cleveland drafted him. IMHO he is not mature/ready to lead an NFL passing offense (at least that my own estimation/guess).
Fans who get caught up in the hype and headlines like to jump on these types of bandwagons. I don't think there is anything wrong with it per se but it isn't serious football chat.

That's a fine way to describe it. There's nothing "wrong" with it, but why anyone just assumed that they'd somehow throw an immature rookie to the wolves with a fairly capable defense and a starter who was 3-0 the year before, was totally beyond me.

The Bengals are a hot and cold team that bows out in round one of the playoffs. They could lose 51-3 to the Raiders one week, and come back and beat the Broncos the next.

It's what they are.

And they have the perfect QB to fit that kind of team: getting it done a couple of weeks in a row, crappy the next couple of weeks in a row.
We'll see what we see regarding what Cincy team shows up for the Denver game. Hopefully the football gods favor the Patriots with the kind of weather that dampens Denver's passing game.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back