PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday exhibition game for those out of state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Does anyone know if/when we will get to see Thursday's game on Direct TV or on the internet anywhere for those of us out of state?

Thanks

Not live but NFL Network will replay every Patriots preseason game (usually the next day or so). Only the Tampa Bay game is live. NFL Network might be replaying every preaseason game around the league but I can't say for sure.

Very few sports bars actually carry the dishes that are needed to pick up Channel 5 in Boston or whatever local channel its being carried on and that's the only way I am aware of that the broadcast can be picked up. Of course, there probably will be online streams going but you probably won't know for sure until the game starts.

dammnit i wanna watch this.

somewhere on the internet might be streaming it but it's hard enough to find an actual regular season game stream that works.

let alone a preseason one that most people don't care about.

crap.

if anyone knows anything, please help us out.

thanks guys.

Doesn't look like it. I checked satellite listings and ESPN is showing Saints at Cardinals, CBS has Jets at Browns and NBC has Giants at Lions, so it's doubtful us out of staters will be able to pick it up. It is on MASN though, which is the Baltimore area equivalent of NESN, so if there's a local sports bar that has access to that channel you may be in luck.

I know when I've had sports packages through cable providers and DirecTV in the past I can get channels like MASN, but then when a football or baseball game is played live, it's blacked out for the non-locals such as myself. I don't know if the same blackout rules apply to sports bars as individual consumers, I don't remember. If nobody locally is showing the game then I'm going to try out sopcast and see if that works for me Thursday.

The game will be replayed on NFL Network, Saturday(8/9) at 1pm.

Here is a list of when all preseason games will be reaired on NFL-N.

LINK

Someone in the Boston area might stream it on Sopcast. That's probably your best bet.

For those of us in the greater Washington DC Metro area, it will be live on MASN.

This network has coverage into Virginia, the District and some of Pennsylvania in addition to Maryland. It's in the 620's on DirecTV.

I'm not sure what it is under for Cable networks.

Viewers in Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island should get the game live, as well as two other Patriots preseason games: Friday, Aug 22, vs. Eagles, and Thursday, Aug. 28, at Giants. In Maine the ABC station is picking up the game, and the NH ABC station should do the same. In Rhode Island the Fox station used to broadcast the game.

These local preseason broadcasts are courtesy of Bob Kraft who allows the game to be broadcast outside the Boston TV market. However the NFL Network broadcasts the other preseason game nationally and they have in the past restricted their broadcast to WCVB and the ABC station in Manchester.

Should pop up here Thursday night.

Sucks CT doesn't get the pre-season games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes