PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thurs. Nite Football - Bengals or Dolphins - who to root for?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which team are you rooting for to win tonight?

• Cincinnati

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Miami

Votes: 54 62.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He should have been fired long ago actually...

Lewis isn't a bad coach and players clearly love to play for him. The OC is Jay Gruden who in my opinion is way too predictable and stubborn. They haven't been able to get a #2 or #3 WR next to AJ Green. Gresham and Eifert seem underused. Bernard should be getting more carries than BJGE.

Lewis had to put up with Carson Palmer getting injured during a great season. He then also had to deal with Carson Palmer going insane. Chad Johnson being Ochocinco, etc. Overall Lewis has done quite well.

It is nothing short of bizarre that the Patriots can struggle the way they have this season and be sitting at the #2 seed at the halfway point. Simply amazing.

A look around the league at the 2-5 Texans, 2-5 Steelers, 3-4 Ravens, 2-5 Falcons and 2-6 Giants is a great reminder of just how extraordinary the Patriots' winning consistency is. Their "off" seasons are like other teams' "on" seasons. It's inspiring, really.

They haven't been able to get a #2 or #3 WR next to AJ Green. Gresham and Eifert seem underused. Bernard should be getting more carries than BJGE.

It's hard to want to throw the ball to Gresham when he drops so many balls. He could be a complete tight end like Gronk, but alas he drops a lot of balls.

Lewis isn't a bad coach and players clearly love to play for him. The OC is Jay Gruden who in my opinion is way too predictable and stubborn. They haven't been able to get a #2 or #3 WR next to AJ Green. Gresham and Eifert seem underused. Bernard should be getting more carries than BJGE.

Lewis had to put up with Carson Palmer getting injured during a great season. He then also had to deal with Carson Palmer going insane. Chad Johnson being Ochocinco, etc. Overall Lewis has done quite well.

If he was a coach for any other team, he would have been canned long ago. He will get to the playoffs every 3 or 4 years. I guess if that is what you call a good coach... :rolleyes:

I'm sure that he is a good defensive coordinator, but, so is Wade Phillips.

I would be willing to bet that the Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer would be a better coach than Lewis is...he ever gets a chance.

It's hilarious that there are people casting votes the day after the game was played. Good call. lmao...........

In 10 seasons he started this year 1 game under .500 with 4 playoff berths and has never won a playoff game.
I'm not sure how coaching 10 years and never winning a playoff game could possibly be considered 'not bad' or worse yet 'quite well'.
What would be bad?

In 10 seasons he started this year 1 game under .500 with 4 playoff berths and has never won a playoff game.
I'm not sure how coaching 10 years and never winning a playoff game could possibly be considered 'not bad' or worse yet 'quite well'.
What would be bad?

Going by the numbers it would be hard to argue he's a good coach, however it's also hard to see how any coach could be very successful given the way the Bengal's have always been run. It would be easier to hold him accountable if he was making the draft and free agency deicsions but I don't think he has much more than a vote on them, brown makes the calls in the end.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back