PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thumbs up to the Gillette crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
snow games are great! rain games suck. yesterday was both rolled into one!!

- FRITZ

I could not believe how many people were there in blue jeans and those flimsy $1 rain ponchos. I had multiple layers top and bottom.

I wore jeans with long johns underneath and stayed pretty warm. My biggest problem was my gloves; they're warm, but once they got wet, it was miserable. That's why I'm going to get these: What I wish I had on Sunday. You know they're good gloves when they have "soft nose wipe material on back of thumbs."

I could not believe how many people were there in blue jeans and those flimsy $1 rain ponchos. I had multiple layers top and bottom.

I am a lifetime Season ticket holder and have had lots of rain and snow games. I actual like those $1 ponchos. for light rain or possible rain I bring one and use if needed. For heavy rain or games like yesterday I wear rain pants and the Poncho.

I find it hard to keep the wet out completely but they keep it out of the key areas. Than just layer up and use hand and feet warmers. I had the feet warmers in but never got cold enough to need the hand warmers yesterday

I had a ton of layers and a poncho but I made the grave mistake of not planning for rain beyond the poncho. My feet were soaked and eventually even my gloves were soaked though they were good for the larger portion of the game, probably until the 3rd (I actually thought they were waterproof because they've gotten wet before and never soaked through.)

Cold feet and cold gloves for the after-game tailgate sucked. My hands and toes were numb and my fingers were turning white at the tip when I finally gave up and went into the car for the last bit of tailgate breakdown.

It was miserable but I was glad to be there. Next time I'm getting different shoes, that's for goddamn sure.

After watching games broadcast from NE, NJ, Seattle, KC, DC, Denver, Cleveland & Chicago this weekend, I feel that the Omissioner & the league should buy one minute of time during both the 1pm & 4pm games, and use that time to thank all of the people who attended all of those games in such brutal conditions. If not for the loyalty of its fans, the NFL would not be the moneymaker it is. What other sport anywhere else in the world asks its patrons to attend its games in conditions such as those that existed this weekend? Congrats to everyone who braved the elements to journey to Foxborough, and who stood & cheered throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back