Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thug life

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

You certainly can't judge a man by his parents, but politics is anything but fair, and this time around I expect Democratic groups to be as dirty and deceitful as Republican ones. It's unfortunate, but it's reality.

At any rate, this article about Giuliani's father is really well written, and suggests that Giuliani could be subject to the same sort of stereotyping that Republicans once used against Geraldine Ferraro.

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0027,barrett,16192,1.html

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And who was Bill Clinton's father?? How many times was Clinton's mama married?? (How many other relationships?)

And Hillary: what's the real story on her father. What kind of "conservative Republican" lets his daughter study under a communist/Marxist, as Hillary did??

//

3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Dumbocrats have been nothing but dirty and deceitful for as long as I can remember... why would the '08 be any change...?

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

I think I would rather have "The Mob" running the country than the PELOSI/REID GANG.

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +530 / 6 / -2

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about, when I say a Hillary vs. Giuliani match up, would be the nastiest we've ever seen. Each has some serious problems with this regard, which makes Giuliani a plausible candidate. She is the only Dem candidate he has a chance of beating.

As for his dad, I don't think he has to worry, since his record as a prosecuter, and against crime, is one of this strong suits. When you start to drag someone's parents into the mud, you run a risky game of having it backfire. It won't matter whether it's a type of swift boat group that does it, as it will reflect on you. The Swift Boats had an effect because they were about Kerry himself. Had the Swift Boats gone after Kerry's family, it would backfire. Families are risky in a heads up election. I just read a headline where McCains mom ripped Romney. I haven't read the article, but my initial reaction was "uh-oh". Those are slippery slopes. Propping up your mom to criticize is something I don't like. If Romney fires back at McCain's mom, is he wrong? Some people will think so. It's cheesy. Again though, dunno what she said exactly, as I haven't gotten to that article yet.