PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thru week 6 Amendola has only proven his critics correct…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the Bills game this year, did you?

The game Edelman had 7 receptions 79 yards and 2 TDs? ;)

There is no definitive way one can claim Amendola is better than Edelman. Edelman has a higher career ypc, is a better PR, and could honestly catch 100 balls and gain 1,000 yards this season.

The quote you posted was a direct response to my post. My post was quoted. It certainly reads as if to say that I am advocating a cut.

No, it was not, I responded to the guy below not you........

Originally Posted by Clonamery
Based on this.....they're not paying Talib then?
Exactly. Based on his logic he should be promoting a "Cut Gronk" thread as well. I mean the guy is just hurt all the time.

If this was a mistake on your part, then the misunderstanding is unfortunate. I won't apologize, however, because my response was not in error. But if you weren't intending to say that I advocated a cut, then please disregard my attitude toward your post. I do see someone else said to cut him, which makes bad financial sense for the team, especially given no opportunity to replace him effectively at this juncture.

Yes, it was in error. You still want to make fun of people's 2nd grade reading skills?

Good Lord.

The only position I'm trying to defend is that we should give Amendola more time than 6 friggin' games. Why that causes you to start throwing insults around is beyond me.

It HAS been more than 6 games. He is NOT a rookie.

And the insults are warranted when someone is willing to go to the length of lying about what I said to make their point. (It's also, as an interesting aside, that this should be a strong clue his/her point is wrong.)

Lastly, I do believe at least some people are being intentionally dense on this subject just to stir the pot. And I find that offensive.

If it is a timing route, that matters. If he reroutes and Brady is looking right at him with time to make the throw and read Amendola's speed, then it doesn't matter if Amendola stopped for a cup of coffee before he began his route. Brady needs to make throws like that. If you are quick, not fast, that slowing can be tactical as it would cause the defenders to slow as well and create separation in the burst of speed.

It’s a play that Brady and Amendola should have made, however it doesn’t make a difference to the scope of this conversation, we’re 6 weeks in to the season and like it or not Danny Amendola has not done anything in those 6 weeks to discredit what his critics said when he was signed, it is what is.

The team ought to look at signing Griff Whalen, the Colts released him recently and he might still be available, he'd be a good candidate to develop for the role. While I'm really like Amendola he doesn't seem to know how to avoid various injuries.

There is no definitive way one can claim Amendola is better than Edelman. Edelman has a higher career ypc, is a better PR, and could honestly catch 100 balls and gain 1,000 yards this season.

I am in complete agreement Edelman trending at 109 receptions, 1096 yards and 5 touchdowns, all of which would be better than Amendola has ever had in a single NFL season. Edelman is bigger, stronger, faster and more agile than Amendola, to me I would rather have the guy who wasn’t even a wide receiver entering the NFL and has improved each year since entering the NFL, especially if that player could be had at a lower cost.

No, it was not, I responded to the guy below not you........

Yes, it was in error. You still want to make fun of people's 2nd grade reading skills?

:confused: It just doesn't read that way given that the post quoted was a response to my post. I acknowledged previously this may not have been your intent.

EDIT: I should also note that the reading skills quip was not directed specifically at, or just at you if that was unclear. It was directed at anyone (there were a couple of posts) that seemed to take the position I called for Amendola to be cut. I did not. It does also apply to the general trend of willful misrepresentation that happens in every one of these darn injury prone player threads.

As with the last thread, I will stop posting in this one. If you don't get it, you don't get it. May be best if we just move on.

One other key factor is that in our offense the slot receiver must be efficient in terms of a reception to target ration, Welker had always caught between 68% to 74% of his targets during his time here, Edelman is currently catching 67% of his targets but Amendola is only catching 59% of the targets his way, that percentage maybe acceptable for an outside X receiver but not someone coming out of the slot and playing underneath.

Stupid, stupid thread? My man you just posted a freaking video from 2008 to support that belief, also that hit on Welker was a cheap shot, illegal play on a defenseless player trying to make a catch, Amendola had the ball and was running, he was not defenseless, the hit he took was not illegal, it was not cheap and was not nearly as vicious.

This response was an utter failure, please try again! FYI I wouldn’t respond like a **** except you felt compelled to refer to what I wrote as stupid and in reality your post is levels stupider.

Yes it is a stupid thread. You tried to make the point that Welker can somehow magically avoid all freak injuries especially concussions when clearly he cannot. There was nothing Amendola could have done on that play to avoid injury just like there was nothing Welker could have done in that hit by Clark. They were both trying to make a play and were hurt.

As for the rest of your post, the defensive receiver rules went into effect in 2009 and Clark was not fined for the hit.

Normally you are a bit more rational than this. In this case you are over reacting.

Yes it is a stupid thread. You tried to make the point that Welker can somehow magically avoid all freak injuries especially concussions when clearly he cannot. There was nothing Amendola could have done on that play to avoid injury just like there was nothing Welker could have done in that hit by Clark. They were both trying to make a play and were hurt.

As for the rest of your post, the defensive receiver rules went into effect in 2009 and Clark was not fined for the hit.

Normally you are a bit more rational than this. In this case you are over reacting.

He could have slid right before impact, that's what QBs are advised to do all the time, there's a reason for it.

I am in complete agreement Edelman trending at 109 receptions, 1096 yards and 5 touchdowns, all of which would be better than Amendola has ever had in a single NFL season. Edelman is bigger, stronger, faster and more agile than Amendola, to me I would rather have the guy who wasn’t even a wide receiver entering the NFL and has improved each year since entering the NFL, especially if that player could be had at a lower cost.

except for the fact that Amendola is taller and weighs more than Edelman.

wouldnt you rather have 2 good receivers than one? :rolleyes: Both will help our team.

and lets be honest, its total revisionist history at this point to say "well we shoudlve had edelman instead of amendola" to this point, Edelman never had more than 300+ yards in a season and had dealt with several injuries on his own...no team wanted to sign him this summer which is why he came back to the pats. Its great he's having a breakout season as I always thought he was a talented receiver who just needed more playing time/to remain healthy

Amendola on the other hand was a pretty solid receiver for the Rams with sam bradford throwing to him. he's still a talented receiver. and to blame him for the concussion is rediculous. any player would be knocked out on that hit.

He could have slid right before impact, that's what QBs are advised to do all the time, there's a reason for it.

So you are seriously advocating that he shouldn't have tried for the first down?

I'm amazed that it took until 8AM this morning for the first pro- or con-Amendola (and, by implication, pro- or con-"The Welker Decision") thread to emerge.

My view is straightforward.

I have no idea whether Amendola could have avoided or mitigated that hit, as some suggest. I think the only people who can make that judgment, one way or the other, are folks who have laced 'em up and stepped between the white lines on a Sunday in the NFL.

But, none of that really matters.

It's the NFL. Hits are brutal. **** happens. That hit happened. There's nothing that any of us can say that will change any of that.

I also have no idea whether or not Amendola will prove to have been a superior alternative to Welker a couple of years from now (and neither does anyone else).

The only thing I do know for a fact is that Welker is among the leaders in WR stats in the NFL this season and Amendola has yet to string together two consecutive four quarter games.

So, let's just say a little prayer for Amendola's well-being and hope that maybe, sometime this season, he can play two consecutive full games, not make any important drops and bring to Brady and the team what his supporters feel he can bring.

That alone is what is in the best interests of the Pats and every fan out here. The rest is just noise.

Yes there is. You watch the games. That's what coaches do. I love Edelman, but compiling more statistics because you get twice as many looks as usual is just compiling statistics.

If Lawrence Taylor misses a few games and a backup linebacker manages a handful of sacks, that doesn't make him better than Lawrence Taylor.

An extreme example? Sure. But it uses the same logic.

I'm amazed that it took until 8AM this morning for the first pro- or con-Amendola (and, by implication, pro- or con-"The Welker Decision") thread to emerge.

My view is straightforward.

I have no idea whether Amendola could have avoided or mitigated that hit, as some suggest. I think the only people who can make that judgment, one way or the other, are folks who have laced 'em up and stepped between the white lines on a Sunday in the NFL.

But, none of that really matters.

It's the NFL. Hits are brutal. **** happens. That hit happened. There's nothing that any of us can say that will change any of that.

I also have no idea whether or not Amendola will prove to have been a superior alternative to Welker a couple of years from now (and neither does anyone else).

The only thing I do know for a fact is that Welker is among the leaders in WR stats in the NFL this season and Amendola has yet to string together two consecutive four quarter games.

So, let's just say a little prayer for Amendola's well-being and hope that maybe, sometime this season, he can play two consecutive full games, not make any important drops and bring to Brady and the team what his supporters feel he can bring.

That alone is what is in the best interests of the Pats and every fan out here. The rest is just noise.

This entire thread is just noise. The OP has no point to make whatsoever except for the one atop his head.

Anyone who says that Amendola's injury yesterday falls under the injry prone category just don't know what you are talking about. Amendola was cheap shot with a head to head hit. If that was Welker, he would have gone down too. There was nothing Amendola could have done to prevent it and there was no way he could have avoided a concussion no matter how durable he was.

You can argue the groin injury is part of his injury prone tag, but no player can withstand a helmet to helmet hit by a player who comes across the field full speed leading with his head.

It is not a stupid thread, and that was not a freak injury if you feel otherwise I don’t know what to tell you but Amendola had the ball in his hand and was running at the defender, he could have and should have braced himself for contact.

At the end of the day no hard feelings on this pal, I am not pleased with Amendola in any way shape or form, I fully expect if this continues over the remainder of the season Amendola will go the way of Brandon Lloyd, Greg Salas, Daniel Fells and the rest of Josh McDaniel’s brilliant idea’s, what does it say about your personnel choices when Michael Hoomanawanui is the best of the bunch…. My true intent on the this sunny Columbus day was to roll out of bed and bash Josh McDaniel’s because I think he SUCKS ass and rides Brady’s coattails but one of the moderators must of caught wind of my epic Columbus day plans and were prepared to immediately move that thread to the practice squad forum, so I had to move on to McDaniel’s lackey and attack him on a sneak level. I will try the direct McDaniel’s attack again on Christmas and see if it sticks in the main forum longer :D

One other key factor is that in our offense the slot receiver must be efficient in terms of a reception to target ration, Welker had always caught between 68% to 74% of his targets during his time here, Edelman is currently catching 67% of his targets but Amendola is only catching 59% of the targets his way, that percentage maybe acceptable for an outside X receiver but not someone coming out of the slot and playing underneath.

Oh come on. You are talking at best 3 games. There is no way you can make any statistical judgement on anyone based upon that.

BTW, the only way I think Amendola could have avoided that concussion was to become the headless horseman who was hanging out in the endzone to promote Fox's Sleepy Hollow. There was already a defender who was engaging Amendola when the other defender came across the field and laid the wood head to head.

It is not a stupid thread, and that was not a freak injury if you feel otherwise I don’t know what to tell you but Amendola had the ball in his hand and was running at the defender, he could have and should have braced himself for contact.

At the end of the day no hard feelings on this pal, I am not pleased with Amendola in any way shape or form, I fully expect if this continues over the remainder of the season Amendola will go the way of Brandon Lloyd, Greg Salas, Daniel Fells and the rest of Josh McDaniel’s brilliant idea’s, what does it say about your personnel choices when Michael Hoomanawanui is the best of the bunch…. My true intent on the this sunny Columbus day was to roll out of bed and bash Josh McDaniel’s because I think he SUCKS ass and rides Brady’s coattails but one of the moderators must of caught wind of my epic Columbus day plans and were prepared to immediately move that thread to the practice squad forum, so I had to move on to McDaniel’s lackey and attack him on a sneak level. I will try the direct McDaniel’s attack again on Christmas and see if it sticks in the main forum longer :D

Where should he have stashed his head? Is he a turtle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes