PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thru week 6 Amendola has only proven his critics correct…

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like you want Amendola to be injured just so you could say you were right. Pathetic man, real pathetic.

If you’re directing this at me you’d be way off, because I actually spent the entire summer in this forum defending Amendola, feeding people you’ll love him Kool-Aid, heck I even blamed the injuries on Sam Bradford not putting the ball in the right spot. Amendola made me look stupid for suggesting any of that, he is what he is and I am not happy he is injured I am just pointing out an actuality this guy playing in the NFL is like dropping your iPhone on the floor it might not always break but the majority of the time it will.

It is pathetic that you attempt to make a valid discussion about me personally in order to disguise the fact that you have nothing to actually discredit my OP, that’s a weak move man, real weak.

Who cares, Edelman is a boss.

The poster that said we should consider cutting this glass man and just sign Edelman long term in the offseason at 4-5 million a year has a point IMO.

Edit: http://patscap.com/amendola.html

Nvm, we would take a 2.7 million cap hit. Guess we're stuck with this dumb signing.

Wow! This was my biggest takeaway from yesterday's game also. It ruined the rest of the game for me and the Red Sox game also.

I woke up today to start a thread on this and found someone beat me to it. Somehow, that's Amendola's fault also.

Give me a break Sciz, the concussion is responsible for his missing 17 minutes of game action this season, he still either missed or was on the field at much less than 100% for the other 343 minutes of football this team has played this year. The hit is a moot point, Amendola has been injured all year before leaving yesterday’s game he had 2 catches for 0 yards, on the season he has been targeted 27 times resulting in 15 reception for 159 yards and 0 touchdowns. Julian Edelman has outplayed him all season, heck Austin Collie outplayed him yesterday and lets not even get into the guy he was brought in to replace because that guy has 8 touchdowns this season already which is 1 more touchdown then Amendola has in his career.

I really don’t understand how you can sit here and act as if Amendola has done anything to show he is worth $5 mil a year, you’d have to be lying to yourself.
Amendola hasn't produced to the level of a $5 million dollar player outside of one game. This season is probably going to be a disappointment from Amendola for the Patriots and personally for Amendola. I'm sure he's just chuffed at the predicament he finds himself in. Luckily, I'm not writing Danny Amendola off on the basis of his first season. Did I expect more? Sure. Am I concerned about his propensity for injury? Yes. Is his talent worth his contract and will I stand by him? Of course.

As for you Brady6. You really need to get your anger management in check when addressing other posters.

I'm sure he could. Still, if he begins his slide, he's still susceptible to being hit in the head when the defender leads with his helmet.

AB the head injury resulted in 17 minutes of missed action, why are we focusing on that when he missed or out there injured for another 343 minutes of game action.

AB the head injury resulted in 17 minutes of missed action, why are we focusing on that when he missed or out there injured for another 343 minutes of game action.
Being concussed is completely out of Amendola's control. The structural issues are concerning but the timing of a thread where a guy goes out concussed, is suspect.

you are placing a lot of emphasis on chance and a small sample size. One injury does not make someone injury prone.

Judging a player 6 games into a season is somewhat premature.

How do you propose Amendola should next handle a situation where a defender launches at him with his helmet?

He should have known to shrink himself to 5'9" like Welker right before the hit.

Sorry; no player is getting up from his hit and gonna play. You guys make it sound like he is the only guy that has injuries. Every football player will be injured in the game. Especially when it keeps getting faster. To me, amendola just has some bad luck. The dude is tougher than nails. Hope his concussion goes away soon.

Amendola hasn't produced to the level of a $5 million dollar player outside of one game. This season is probably going to be a disappointment from Amendola for the Patriots and personally for Amendola. I'm sure he's just chuffed at the predicament he finds himself in. Luckily, I'm not writing Danny Amendola off on the basis of his first season. Did I expect more? Sure. Am I concerned about his propensity for injury? Yes. Is his talent worth his contract and will I stand by him? Of course.

As for you Brady6. You really need to get your anger management in check when addressing other posters.

I would just cut him loose personally, resign Edelman for $2-$3 mil and invest the rest into some other position other outside of the slot. We also have T.J. Moe returning next season and he can backup Edelman and we can attempt to develop him.

I am not angry AB I just don’t understand why when someone disagrees with my position on something they feel it is necessary to respond in a demeaning manner, if you look at my posts I never just up and attack anyone, ever you could read all 2400 of them and you could not find a single in which I went at someone unprovoked, but if someone wants to say something like stupid thread or provide some arrogant superior latent response I stand up for myself, I am not going to let people just bounce around thinking they can run off at the mouth as they please, that is not how the real world works and just because this is the internet it should not be treated any differently.

Another winning thread by Brady6. The team is 5-1 and without Danny they would be 4-2. So the "critics" can say what they want not matter how absurd. That is what they do. I stopped taking "critics' seriously because they are never around when they are wrong - just jump on the next negative thing that they can dream up.

However, I expect better from a fan who should know that football is a collision sport and people do get injured and sometimes it's just a run of bad luck.

I would just cut him loose personally, resign Edelman for $2-$3 mil and invest the rest into some other position other outside of the slot. We also have T.J. Moe returning next season and he can backup Edelman and we can attempt to develop him.

I am not angry AB I just don’t understand why when someone disagrees with my position on something they feel it is necessary to respond in a demeaning manner, if you look at my posts I never just up and attack anyone, ever you could read all 2400 of them and you could not find a single in which I went at someone unprovoked, but if someone wants to say something like stupid thread or provide some arrogant superior latent response I stand up for myself, I am not going to let people just bounce around thinking they can run off at the mouth as they please, that is not how the real world works and just because this is the internet it should not be treated any differently.

You did go off on me about Peyton Manning once :)

It is wayyy too early to be talking about cutting Amendola. how about we give him a chance first.

there was no reason at all to call he's number on a end around that's why there is five RB's on the roster the coaching staff need to stop putting guys like Amendola and Edelman who are know not to last a full season in a position were they can get hurt,

stop calling passes over the middle in between two defenders and end around its a bad play anyways I know that's kinda limiting the offense but its better then have dose guys put on IR

Being concussed is completely out of Amendola's control. The structural issues are concerning but the timing of a thread where a guy goes out concussed, is suspect.

For the record I would opened the thread whether he suffered the head injury or not, he was playing injured even before the concussion and has been unproductive in the last 2 weeks catching less than 50% of his targets and making minimal impact even with the balls he has pulled in. The concussion to me is a non-factor in my opinion, he had at least 1 drop, he let up and then tried to turn it back on when Brady overthrew him, overall the guy has been injured and unimpressive.

so, let me get this straight...its amendolas fault and he is injury prone due to the fact that the Hard hit he took yesterday gave him a concussion?

pretty sure even the beloved Welker would get a concussion on that hit.

he had a poor game today, but you do realise he lead the team in receptions/yards his first game back? he'll be fine when he returns from his concussion

Yes he is injury prone, but that hit yesterday was close to unavoidable! No player can brace themselves for an illegal hit on every play! Say that WW knew how to protect himself is stupid in this case!

Please tell me how going out of bounds and then having a player launch at him avoidable! DA was doing everything he could!

you are placing a lot of emphasis on chance and a small sample size. One injury does not make someone injury prone.

Judging a player 6 games into a season is somewhat premature.

You people saying it's only 6 games in are missing the point entirely, to such an incredible degree that it appears you're being stupid on purpose. This is not a rookie and this is not the first 6 games of an NFL career. This is a player that came onto our team with the label of injury prone already, and is now going to be missing time with his 2nd injury this year. Even if you take this one dirty hit situation off the record, the first injury and his prior record of missing games made the point true already. Failing to accept reality does not make you a better fan. Staying at a stadium for a full game instead of leaving at the 2:00 mark? Better fan. Preaching that water is dry, the Pope is Jewish, and the world is flat? Just dumb.

It is entirely possible to appreciate Amendola as a person and a player but still understand the extremely obvious fact that building an offense with the expectation of him playing a full season is folly. I'm glad he's on the team. I like him. I do not like him at his current salary, nor do I think we had any business fielding him as a primary veteran receiver. He's WR3/4 because he can't stay on the field. The point that BB should've known that himself is not only valid but undeniable at this point. That said, we would probably have an easier time moving on from the mistake if there wasn't an odd contingent of people being willfully oblivious. You think BB doesn't know he goofed? C'mon man.

You people saying it's only 6 games in are missing the point entirely, to such an incredible degree that it appears you're being stupid on purpose. This is not a rookie and this is not the first 6 games of an NFL career. This is a player that came onto our team with the label of injury prone already, and is now going to be missing time with his 2nd injury this year. Even if you take this one dirty hit situation off the record, the first injury and his prior record of missing games made the point true already. Failing to accept reality does not make you a better fan. Staying at a stadium for a full game instead of leaving at the 2:00 mark? Better fan. Preaching that water is dry, the Pope is Jewish, and the world is flat? Just dumb.

It is entirely possible to appreciate Amendola as a person and a player but still understand the extremely obvious fact that building an offense with the expectation of him playing a full season is folly. I'm glad he's on the team. I like him. I do not like him at his current salary, nor do I think we had any business fielding him as a primary veteran receiver. He's WR3/4 because he can't stay on the field. The point that BB should've known that himself is not only valid but undeniable at this point. That said, we would probably have an easier time moving on from the mistake if there wasn't an odd contingent of people being willfully oblivious. You think BB doesn't know he goofed? C'mon man.

Based on this.....they're not paying Talib then?

For the record I would opened the thread whether he suffered the head injury or not, he was playing injured even before the concussion and has been unproductive in the last 2 weeks catching less than 50% of his targets and making minimal impact even with the balls he has pulled in. The concussion to me is a non-factor in my opinion, he had at least 1 drop, he let up and then tried to turn it back on when Brady overthrew him, overall the guy has been injured and unimpressive.

When did you see him let up on the throw from Brady? He was running the route and Brady saw him all the way and was not rushed. Unless the guy grows instantly to 6'10", the throw was over his head and bad. It was not a timing route, and Brady was looking right at him. Everyone commenting, including Aikman, a QB, said the same.

I agree the injuries are disappointing, but I agree with ausbacker that a concussion, which any player can get in the game, is not a good time to raise this point. Is 2.7 receptions per game worth his price tag? No. But there is a good number of games left, and it is funny how playoff success makes people forget the regular season. If he puts up 70 or 80 receptions in the season, and performs in playoff games, then few would call him a bad decision. It is still too early to get into the "bad decision" discussion.

Another winning thread by Brady6. The team is 5-1 and without Danny they would be 4-2. So the "critics" can say what they want not matter how absurd. That is what they do. I stopped taking "critics' seriously because they are never around when they are wrong - just jump on the next negative thing that they can dream up.

However, I expect better from a fan who should know that football is a collision sport and people do get injured and sometimes it's just a run of bad luck.

It is really interesting to me that Danny is getting credit for are 5-1 record when he is only played in 3 games, in those games we’re 2-1 and without him we’re 3-0

Honestly if Amendola had made the catch at the one yard line and got himself into the end zone last week we could have been 6-0. It is also really hard to argue with the critics no matter how intelligent a fan you are when your $5 mil a year slot receiver has played in 50% of the games during which he has pulled in less than 60% of the passes he was targeted on and averages less than 10 yards per reception with no touchdowns scored. He has proved his critics wrong through six weeks and opening up your response with some passive aggressive shot at my posting, followed by a “what a fan should know” speech does not do much to discredit what my OP said.

Should I assume you were the MOD that moved my McDaniel’s thread as well? If so all I can really say is at the end of the day it is all good if you disagree with things I say, I have no hard feelings or animosity about that, but to completely eliminate something from the primary forum within 20 minutes just because you disagree with the premise of it seems rather shortsighted. Anyway, onward and upward, lets agree to disagree on both subjects and move on, have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back