PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Throwbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the red ones, hate the whites

I agree. I understand a ton of people hate HATE these jerseys but im 23 and love the retro look. Something that says this is where we came from this is what we were built on and we can still where them and play dominantly.

Burn 'em. I didn't say blame the uniforms for the loss, but there isn't much happy history in those uniforms. Exactly how many awful years by Patriots teams wearing that uniform had to be offset by the awesome teams post-2000 to rise above the .500 mark? And I started watching in 1978, so I acknowledge there were a few years on the record before I became a fan. The good years in that uniform truly meant something because the bad years were truly bad. Yes, let's re-live those days.

Pat Patriot should be portrayed in pictures in the Hall, not on the football field. The team became a good organization after he was replaced by the Flying Elvis, so other than crediting that uniform as the genesis of the current Patriots organization, I don't care to see it out there now.

After they scored their 5th TD, i wondered if someone would put this thread up. Atleast nobody can say the team cant win with the throwback unis on :D

I will say, that some teams should never wear a throwback. Denver, even Titans (oilers) today. They just look ugly. How about those jets throwbacks? Those are god aweful. I really don't think ours look that bad.

If we lost today 59-0 I wonder how many would be loving constipated looking Pat

If we lost today 59-0 I wonder how many would be loving constipated looking Pat

Win or lose has nothing to do with the uniforms. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for ole Pat Patriot

Just as a practical gameday matter, I hate the throwbacks. It takes me halfway thru the first quarter to figure out which team I'm supposed to be rooting for. Then, it takes me into the third quarter before I start recognizing players who would normally be instantly recognizable without seeing a number (like Moss). It's just annoying from a fan's perspective.

If the league wants to change back to those uniforms, fine. Just don't change the uniforms week in and week out. As a fan, I'm trying to get a little better each week, react a little quicker. You know, build towards peaking in December. This uniform thing is impeding my progress!

Just as a practical gameday matter, I hate the throwbacks. It takes me halfway thru the first quarter to figure out which team I'm supposed to be rooting for. Then, it takes me into the third quarter before I start recognizing players who would normally be instantly recognizable without seeing a number (like Moss). It's just annoying from a fan's perspective.

If the league wants to change back to those uniforms, fine. Just don't change the uniforms week in and week out. As a fan, I'm trying to get a little better each week, react a little quicker. You know, build towards peaking in December. This uniform thing is impeding my progress!

They've overdone it this year, four freakin' times is too many.

Love the old red uni's. Wish they'd come back permanently.

Once a year is fine, but this season has been way too much of the lobsta' shirts.

Besides, the old, red-style jerseys are a negative psychological factor. They create cognitive dissonance in the player's minds and lead to defeat.

American history is important to a huge number of NFL players. Many of them pursue academic degrees or lead symposiums in the off season -- Wes Welker's "Facets of Keynsian Demand-Side Economic Stimulus in the Procurement of Camp Followers and Comfort Ladies As Practiced by the Continental Army 1776-1779" being an excellent case in point.

These guys are scholars of the American Revolution and are well aware it was the British Army that wore red coats. This freaks them out and creates waves of fear, uncertainty and doubt whenever they don the red throwbacks.

The only way to save the season is to dump the red jerseys (and Adalius Thomas) into Boston Harbor.

Once a year is fine, but this season has been way too much of the lobsta' shirts.

Besides, the old, red-style jerseys are a negative psychological factor. They create cognitive dissonance in the player's minds and lead to defeat.

American history is important to a huge number of NFL players. Many of them pursue academic degrees or lead symposiums in the off season -- Wes Welker's "Facets of Keynsian Demand-Side Economic Stimulus in the Procurement of Camp Followers and Comfort Ladies As Practiced by the Continental Army 1776-1779" being an excellent case in point.

These guys are scholars of the American Revolution and are well aware it was the British Army that wore red coats. This freaks them out and creates waves of fear, uncertainty and doubt whenever they don the red throwbacks.

I concur, excellent post. And you cannot dismiss the added motivational factor for players/coaches from rival teams whose ancestors suffered atrocities at the hands of British soldiers during the War for Independence. Seeing those red jerseys associated with the New England region triggers a subconscious, visceral rage that can be difficult to counter. The red jerseys were a mistake from the outset, and should be forever banned.

Last edited:
I love the throwback uniforms. I also like the current uniforms so I don't think they should be permanently replaced, but maybe the team could do what the Bills do and wear them for 2 or 3 games every year.

I watched far too many years worth of defeats in those things (and last week:mad:). Is it too late to hire some Irish mafia to bury them under the new Jets stadium à la the David Ortiz jersey under the new Yankee Stadium?

I watched far too many years worth of defeats in those things (and last week:mad:). Is it too late to hire some Irish mafia to bury them under the new Jets stadium à la the David Ortiz jersey under the new Yankee Stadium?

I think the Jets are cursed enough as it is :D

I think the Jets are cursed enough as it is :D
They'll probably rise again someday. Actually, they're only one game behind the Patriots right now.

Anybody know what the Pats' record is when wearing the old unis, not going back of course to when they were the one and only?

what happened to the silver jersey?

Enough with the throwbacks. Once a year is fine, but I've had enough. And why were they wearing them Miami? Wearing throwbacks on the road is pretty stupid unless the home team is wearing throwbacks as well.

They'll probably rise again someday. Actually, they're only one game behind the Patriots right now.

Anybody know what the Pats' record is when wearing the old unis, not going back of course to when they were the one and only?

3-2 this decade. We beat Detroit in 2002, and this year our first victory in them was an epic win on MNF, while the 2nd was statistically the greatest game the team has ever played. Maybe we got a good thing goin on here..

Yeah I was kinda pissed to see them worn in Miami. It wasnt a 50th Ann. game so why were they worn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing