Throwbacks to be worn against Vikings and Detroit confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calciumee

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:
Re: Throwbacks to be worn against Vikings and Detroit Confirmed.

Throwbacks! WOOT!

I love when the pats are in their throwback jersey's, brings back all those wonderful 2-14 seasons of my youth. ( I wouldn't trade em for nothin) Some of those other teams throw backs are putrid. I esp. hate the Jets throwbacks when they look like the rams. I don't get that one?

Good games to wear them I guess.

These are really good throwbacks.

The Jets' "Titans" throwbacks are among the worst in the league and I hope we never have to see them again. If anything, they should wear the kelly greens from the 80's every once in a while, not these blue and mustard looking things.

Throwbacks? THROWBACKS?! :bricks::deadhorse::ugh::sleeping:

I've come to like the throwbacks more as time progresses.

Damn it

I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with those at my first Pats game

I'm pretty tired of the throwbacks myself. I guess I'm in the minority that actually likes the new jerseys.

A few thoughts:

1) I can understand against the Lions, since the league likes to do throwbacks for the national games. But why the Vikings? Are they going to wear throwbacks too? We only play them once every few years, and I can't think of any legendary Pats-Vikings games. (Well, except the one in '94.)

Course now that I think of it, for as many teams that wear their TBs against their big rivals, there are plenty who wear them against whomever. Heck, the Lions wore theirs for the game I was at two years ago against the Jags.

2) I couldn't agree more with the people who spoke out against those god-awful Jets throwbacks. I've said it before and I'll say it again - even if you can look past how butt-ugly they are, why would you want to remember the single worst era in your franchise's history? The Pats had some good teams wearing theirs; but the three years the Jets wore those unis (as the Titans) they were an absolute embarrassment to the AFL.

The problem, of course, is that the Jets' regular unis are already modeled after the ones they wore during their era of greatness (though they are not exactly the same, but that's for another thread.) So unless you go back to the '80s style or try the mid-'60s type where the helmet had a jet-shaped logo, there's nothing much else to "throw back" to.

3) I don't have a problem with the current outfits either... but just once I'd love to see the Pats wear the "shiny" throwbacks of the late '90s again. Call me crazy, those are still my favorites! :p

I think I'm the only one here, but I would like to see the Pats wear the 90s unis for a game.

It's likely that some form of the throwbacks are here to stay. According to the Patriots, they have officially done away with the "silver" jerseys, and are using the throwbacks as the "alternate" jersey where they would have used the silver ones.

001361006.jpg

I like this over the red.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm the only one here, but I would like to see the Pats wear the 90s unis for a game.

I actually really like them jerseys :) I am trying to get one of eBay, but never in my size.

I'm pretty tired of the throwbacks myself. I guess I'm in the minority that actually likes the new jerseys.

Same here. Maybe it's just about the good memories but I really like the silver. :cool:

I think the old red uniforms have been overdone lately and I'm officially sick of them. I would however love to see any of the 93' - 99' uniforms though. It would be great to see those again for a couple of games.

It's a very cool look. I wonder why it never caught on.

Because the two games they were worn in, the Pats lost.

Kinda surprised to see so many other people here who liked the '90s unis enough to want to see them again, I thought I was the only one. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back