throwback uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
you know i love them but...do you think we will ever dress them in the future ?

it seems that also this near we will not see them and now it is a very very long time (since a now old Thksgiving game in DET) we do not use the red + pat patriot...

b a d !

i want them MINIMUM once a year regularly...

i hate also the third uniform (the silver...)

Actually, I don't mind the silver unis too much, but those single-color, blue shirt blue pants unis from the GB 2002 were some of the ugliest things I've seen in my life.

Historical uniforms (especially the oxymoronic "redcoat Patriots") should only be worn for Thanksgiving.

MODERN alternate uniforms should be worn for a game or two a season.

What do you think of with the red? Dreith? SB XX?

While there's always the '05 Chargers game, one can't forget about shutting-out Parcells or the Snow Bowl in '03 in the silver.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
What do you think of with the red? Dreith? SB XX?

That's a good question.

I can't compare for richness of memory with a lot of you, but my image is definitely Steve Grogan (whom I love) tottering unsteadily with the hounds of hell in pursuit.

So I love the red uniforms but don't want to go back.

ItalianPat, how many threads have you started on this same subject? I understand you like the old unis but they were changed for the better. The old reds and squatting Pat logo conjure bad memories of an inept franchise for most folks, along with being historically inaccurate from the very beginning. (The invading British wore red, not the original Patriots.) I actually like the silver jersey, it looks awesome up close. I'd like to see them use the blue pants with the blue jersey, that looked pretty studly the couple times they tried it back in '02.

I hate the silver jerseys!! They just look like dirty white jerseys. I thought the blue on blue looked really cool, wish they would go with that more often.

If I could choose a third jersey, I think I would go with white pants and a white jersey with red and blue trim. Kind of like a Midshipman, but with red and blue triim. Yeah, that would look good, all white.:rocker:

I would love to see this third jersey:

3776.jpg

pats1 said:
Historical uniforms (especially the oxymoronic "redcoat Patriots") should only be worn for Thanksgiving.

i am with you.
it means imho regularly once a year.

that's fine.

Tunescribe said:
ItalianPat, how many threads have you started on this same subject?

i admit to be guilty...

Tunescribe said:
ItalianPat, how many threads have you started on this same subject? I understand you like the old unis but they were changed for the better. The old reds and squatting Pat logo conjure bad memories of an inept franchise for most folks, along with being historically inaccurate from the very beginning. (The invading British wore red, not the original Patriots.) I actually like the silver jersey, it looks awesome up close. I'd like to see them use the blue pants with the blue jersey, that looked pretty studly the couple times they tried it back in '02.

Funny, I think ItalianPat always brings up fun topics. :)

Plus, I disagree. When I see the throwback logo - it conjures up great memories for me. Football isn't all about winning in my book. Sure, the Patriots, like you said, were also rans back in the day, but that was part of who they were (and still are). Pat Patriot reminds me of Sundays with my dad, going to Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium, watching a team of talented players who just couldn't reach their mark. I still view the Patriots through those youthful eyes.

....and those alternate silver unis just look like the players forgot to launder their white jerseys. Ugly.

Murphys95 said:
Funny, I think ItalianPat always brings up fun topics. :)

Plus, I disagree. When I see the throwback logo - it conjures up great memories for me. Football isn't all about winning in my book. Sure, the Patriots, like you said, were also rans back in the day, but that was part of who they were (and still are). Pat Patriot reminds me of Sundays with my dad, going to Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium, watching a team of talented players who just couldn't reach their mark. I still view the Patriots through those youthful eyes.

....and those alternate silver unis just look like the players forgot to launder their white jerseys. Ugly.

finally...one allied with me...

as parcells said,....

Tunescribe said:
when patriots first went to "kraft blue", parcells noted that it was the british who wore red. only the sullivans, right?
i have very, very few good memories associated with that red patriots jersey. i think of 30 years of losing. "pat patriot" scares me, i think of him as a jinx.
the silver jerseys look ok close up, but on tv they just look like dingy white jerseys. i'd like to see an all-silver getup, tho.
ya got three colors in the logo, play around with all 3 colors. gotta do it for the merchandising, right? but the less i see of that red patriots jersey, the better.

Joanthan Kraft has said the issue is closed the team will not wear the old throwbacks ever again in Foxboro. He has been asked this question every year and same answer.

yes, the silver looks really stoopid! And what is with those blue pants, I just can't stand them! I would rather have their away uniforms to be like the one's worn in '96 through 99 season that had silver pants.

It would be kind of dope to see the Pats have a red alternate jersy for home games. I'm talking about old school jerseys but like the uni's they wear now only a red jersy as an alternate and silver pants.

Last edited:
nescott said:
Joanthan Kraft has said the issue is closed the team will not wear the old throwbacks ever again in Foxboro. He has been asked this question every year and same answer.

i hv never read a statement like that but i trust you.
i hope that he means that he will use eventually the 'old' throwbacks, also sporadically (once a year), on 'road games'...

Last edited:
Michigan Dave said:
I would love to see this third jersey:

3776.jpg
How The Powers That Be chose silver over red as an alternate jersey color is beyond me.

Nice Photoshop work. I think a red jersey with blue pants would be a really cool and distinct look. I'll see if I can work it out in PS.

Hok said:
How The Powers That Be chose silver over red as an alternate jersey color is beyond me.

Nice Photoshop work. I think a red jersey with blue pants would be a really cool and distinct look. I'll see if I can work it out in PS.

The redcoat Patriots are coming!!!

If we're gonna wear the red ones, I want the ones from 1976, that kind of came down to the middle of the forearm!

And I loved the Navy pants & Navy shirts vs. Green Bay in '02.

Everyone hates them because we lost, but they look like a bad-@$$ southern high school uni!

Very simple, very cool!

Last edited:
pats1 said:
The redcoat Patriots are coming!!!

This argument is silly to me. The uniforms aren't meant as a historical representation of the actual Revolutionary War soldiers. Lions are not blue, yet no one laughs at the Detroit Lions. Red is one of the colors of the USA, and the New England Patriots, therefore a red uniform has no historical significance whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes