PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Through 7 Games, Tom Brady and Randy Moss Season Projections. Historic Numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
After 7 games, Tom Brady's projection:
73.8% completion percentage
4858 Yards
62 Touchdowns
5 Interceptions
QB Rating 137.9

Moss's projection after 7 games:
1673 Yards
101 Receptions
23 Touchdowns

Last edited:
Re: Through 7 Games, Tom Brady and Randy Moss Season Projections (Unreal, Historic)

This just assinine.... I cant even believe what we are watching right now..

I have put up QB numbers similar to this in Madden, but to see this in real life is... surreal.

Both would be TD records (passing and receiving).......... nice :rocker:

Last edited:
We have entered the Twilight Zone. In the Twilight Zone nothing seems real, and the real seems unimaginable. We have fallen into another dimension where the rules are different, the physics are different, time is different, and the old boundaries of the impossible are suddenly possible.

In the Twilight Zone you get your cowbell.

I like how Chris Collinsworthless opened Football Night in America...

Paraphrasing... "I watched 23 teams play professional football today and I watched the Patriots play something else."

I like how Chris Collinsworthless opened Football Night in America...

Paraphrasing... "I watched 23 teams play professional football today and I watched the Patriots play something else."

Awesome. Wish I'd seen that.

You can't blitz them either, what can you do????

-------
"Maybe blitzing the Patriots isn’t such a good idea after all. According to Stats Inc., the Patriots own the highest passer rating against the blitz in the NFL, a staggering 149.7. Tom Brady [stats] is 59-of-76 for 795 yards and nine touchdowns, with no interceptions."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1039443#articleFull

I love how the Dolphins blitzed Brady and he threw a swing pass to Heath Evans for a long gain. Opposing defenses are in a tough predicament; die by the blitz or die by playing zone.

I think BB may have built The Death Star.

That seems off that even with thoe projected numbers, Brady's QB rating would be 137? Those numbers are f'ing insane, that should be closer to perfect.

That seems off that even with thoe projected numbers, Brady's QB rating would be 137? Those numbers are f'ing insane, that should be closer to perfect.

<math wonk>Each of the components of passer rating has pass attempts in the denominator. So, extrapolating the numbers out to 16 games doesn't change the passer rating.</math wonk>

Brady had a perfect passer rating today, 5TD's and only 4 incompletions.

<math wonk>Each of the components of passer rating has pass attempts in the denominator. So, extrapolating the numbers out to 16 games doesn't change the passer rating.</math wonk>

That's if Brady throws 3 or 4 touch downs in a few games again. I don't see why he will be satisfied with only 3 or 4 touch downs in any future game. Our D can't stop anyone in the red zone, so Brady needs to score 5 TD per game. If he throws a more realistic 5 TDs in each of the next 9 games, he will have 45+27=72 TD.

Also, Brady's season average passing rating will go up to something like 145 if that happens if he doesn't throw any interceptions.

Remember, Brady is playing like he always has, but his receivers almost never drop the ball, even in double and triple coverage. So as these new receivers gel with Brady, he's going to get at least 60+ TD, and his season rating will be at least 135+. 62 TD is a worst case scenario.

Last edited:
I have put up QB numbers similar to this in Madden, but to see this in real life is... surreal.

HA! mav, had you said that 7 weeks ago I'd think you were....but it reads so true! These figures are bizarre. My best friend is a Cowboys fan, and he's in awe over what this offense is doing. The numbers are totally ridiculous. I mean, 62 Touchdowns? :eek:

That reminds me of a funny line Dan Dierdorf had during the game today. They had Brady's stats on the bottom of the screen during a shot of him, and the rating was 158.3. Dierdorf goes: "folks, the only reason why that rating is 158.3, is because it doesn't reach 158.4" I thought that was funny.

Brady's numbers are out of this world. It's like he's playing for the Heisman or something! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes