PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three of my favorite UDFA's sign with other teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dwayne Slay signed with Chi, Pat Ross with Sea, and Scott Ware with Philly.

These were all 6th round picks on my board for the Patriots.

Also, StL signed Denzel Washington son as a UDFA. He's a running back out of Morehead.

http://www.sportsline.com/ NFL/transactions

Click on NFL and then Transactions. Don't know why that page did not come up first

LB Nate Wayne was released.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought for sure we were going to sign Pat Ross. Oh well. Incidentally, I think Denzel's son went to Morehouse right?

Last edited:
smg93 said:
Wow, I thought for sure we were going to sign Pat Ross. Oh well. Incidentally, I think Denzel's son went to Morehouse right?

Right I tpyed Morehead instead of Morehouse. I was still pissed that we didn't sign Slay.

On an unrelated UDFA note, anyone know why Gerald Riggs hasn't signed with anyone? I know he had the knee injury, but it's not enough for someone not to take a chance on a FA signing is it?

workhorse said:
On an unrelated UDFA note, anyone know why Gerald Riggs hasn't signed with anyone? I know he had the knee injury, but it's not enough for someone not to take a chance on a FA signing is it?

He was signed. I forget by whom. Draftdaddy had it.

dryheat44 said:
He was signed. I forget by whom. Draftdaddy had it.

Ah, Miami signed him. Thanks for the heads up, nobody else had him signing aanywhere.

I'm sure these guys will be available after first cuts in camp, or at least off a practice squad.

I wanted Freedie Roach, Oliver Hoyte, Pat Ross and Gerald RIggs, although taking a flyer on Rigg is less impoartant now that we have Maroney. I would also like Charleton Jones, who is this year's Kyle Eckel.

All I got was Roach, but that is fine. I think he will make the team and be the new Ted Johnson.

primetime said:
I'm sure these guys will be available after first cuts in camp, or at least off a practice squad.
I wanted them for OUR practice squad.

It's so stupid!

The 3 I wanted that you will see being important contributors on some team in the futiure: Dontrell Moore, Mike Kudla, Mike Bell. Stupid!

Fredddie Roach was a good find though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye