PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three of a Kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We've talked a lot about cap strategy, running teams, and how to compensate players. It seems that there are two teams that have a similar method to the patriots: Philly and Pitt. They may be our rivals, but in the long run, we have a lot in common, and should give each other mutual respect. Injuries can affect alot, but I suspect that our three teams will be the teams to beat at least over the next five seasons.

mgteich said:
We've talked a lot about cap strategy, running teams, and how to compensate players. It seems that there are two teams that have a similar method to the patriots: Philly and Pitt. They may be our rivals, but in the long run, we have a lot in common, and should give each other mutual respect. Injuries can affect alot, but I suspect that our three teams will be the teams to beat at least over the next five seasons.

Does this mean you are back in therapy mg???

Really all hype ever is is a tempest in a teapot. Inherently risky moves when first made look like genius (like say Culpepper to a team who needs a real franchise QB), while intelligent predictable moves when first made (like a team who drafted a RB and WR in the 1st and 2nd rounds this offseason trading a former #1 WR guy who refused to perform for at least 10 weeks for a future #1) inexplicably results in mediot induced angst driven anxiety attacks. ;)

I think Phillie maybe closer than Pitts..but I think you are right...very similar to NE...no I think you are correct in it all. Hoping Phillie will do good is one thing..Pitts?? That is hard even though you are correct...HARD to swallow and root for chinman.

Pats726 said:
I think Phillie maybe closer than Pitts..but I think you are right...very similar to NE...no I think you are correct in it all. Hoping Phillie will do good is one thing..Pitts?? That is hard even though you are correct...HARD to swallow and root for chinman.

Nobody said nuttin' about rooting for anyone. It's just that these are three of the best and most consistently run teams in the league (minus Philly's TO brain fart). Then of course there are the Indy and Cincy models. But most teams with top top heavy offenses and lacklustre defenses (or lots of criminals) have yet to prove they can consistently win anything come the second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back