PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

three games remaining- where will we finish??

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What will our record be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Back before the regular season started a thread was started in whcih we predicted the season. I picked us to be 12-4 and although the games I picked for us to lose are different, I still think we can reach that record.

That thread is closed for some reason so I couldn't bump it up.

So I think we will run the last three game and still go 12-4, a very good record.

It looks like the 3rd seed as I think Balt will still lose one. Maybe the 4th seed at 12-4.

What do you think?

I didn't add 9-7 which means we lose the last three games. I consider that to be such an outragous possibility, i couldn't add it. Write it in-if you dare.

YOU CAN VOTE BOTH FOR THE RECORD AND THE PLAYOFF SEED.

Last edited:
Barring any more collapses, we are firmly entrenched in the #4 spot- our conference record (5-4) will blow any tiebreakers we encounter with Baltimore.

I guessed 11-5 in my pre-season prediction. I think that's looking more and more likely. Though 12-4 is still possible, I'm not sure it's probable at this point.

I guessed 11-5 in my pre-season prediction. I think that's looking more and more likely. Though 12-4 is still possible, I'm not sure it's probable at this point.

I thought 13-3, but I just voted 11-5 and the 4th seed.

Thought this team was good for 12 or 13 wins this year, now on the low end of my prediction.

#1 SD (13-3)
#2 Bal (12-4)
#3 NE (12-4)
#4 Ind (11-5)
#5 Cin (11-5)
#6 Jax (10-6)

Obviously if Indy wins 12 games we get bumped to number 4. If Indy wins their next two games I can see us resting our starters against Ten and possibly finishing 11-5. If Indy loses either of the next two I think BB would play for the higher seed.

That is how I see it shaking out.

Before the season I thought that the Pats would finish 11-5. See no reason to change my pick.

In the Playoffs.

We lose in Tennessee and beat JVille and Houston

i can't keep track of what has to happen for us to get a bye, or whether we might get the number three seed. i get the impression that a bye is a very long shot and that maybe there are some scenarios where we end up number three, but i'm not sure what difference it would make.

so, what i want is for us to clinch the division and then start gettting people healthy so we can make some noise in january. we have to hope that guts and experience will win out over momentum for us in the playoffs this year as we haven't shown any signs of building momentum yet...

Last edited:
You are much too optomistic. We will beat Houston in a close game,

get walloped by Jacksonville, and lose a close game to Tennessee in

which we rest our regulars.

You are much too optomistic. We will beat Houston in a close game,

get walloped by Jacksonville, and lose a close game to Tennessee in

which we rest our regulars.

So where did you buy your crystal ball?

So where did you buy your crystal ball?

That's a likely scenario. Is there any real difference in being the 3rd or 4th seed. Each one gets a home game against a wild card team right? I suppose our likely opponent would be Cinci rather an Jville...which is OK by me. Still if both 3 and 4 win their games, 4 has to go to play 3 at their place. Not such a big deal given the way the Pats have played at home this year. I think I'd make that swap to be able to get a "bye" by resting our starters in the last game of the regular season.

Last edited:
Ah, I effed up my vote. I voted 12-4, but meant 11-5. I had a brainfart and thought they still only had 3 losses.

Regards,
Chris

I'm sticking with my pre-season 11-5 call. I'd hoped for better but reality has a bad way of intruding. Speaking of 11-5, we would have BEGGED for that record and the AFCE Championship and a playoff berth for most of the Pats' decades.

I'm sticking with my pre-season 11-5 call. I'd hoped for better but reality has a bad way of intruding. Speaking of 11-5, we would have BEGGED for that record and the AFCE Championship and a playoff berth for most of the Pats' decades.
I'm fairly sure I did on one or two occasions.

Indy could lose 2 more, but so could we.. Baltimore may lose at pitt.. but that is it.. Lets get the AFC East and ,face the fact we not have bye.. Third or fourth does not matter, unless the first week is a trip to Baltimore, I dont want to see Baltimore yet, then again I dont want San Diego right now either, which we will be facing if we win in round 1 ..

Last edited:
++++ ++++ ||

||||

I was thinking that today when I was digesting the recent play of the team. Imagine, we Pats fans are upset at "only" winning 12, or, perhaps even a lowly 11(!) games! Fifteen years ago we were hoping not to lose that many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes