PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three Days until the Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that he would ever confirm it or we would ever find out but I would be absolutely shocked if BB didn't kick the tires on what it would take to get Mark Barron.

Honestly if he was available would not surprise me if BB would go as high as a 2nd rounder. He would be here for the rest of the year and next year.

Barron is the ideal kind of Safety BB wants back there with McCourty

Of that list, I actually want Kendall Langford the most. I imagine the only reason the Rams are shopping him is because the spoil of riches they have DT. Langford is nice and tall just like Tommy Kelly and Alan Branch. He's a really good DT.

I think the tread on Tuck's tires is worn out. The only time he's looked decent is when the Raiders played us but he always seems to get up to play us.

Is Langford good vs. the run? Sign me up then.

Tuck or Blount would be awesome

Blount is hardly getting any carries in Pittsburgh

Or, Mark Barron could be our yearly steal from Tampa

Langford would make a lot of sense and a major upgrade over Branch.

Maybe. But right now he's a backup with cap hits of $6M this year and $7M next. He'd better be very, very good, for that price.

What's the deadline?

Seems kinda silent huh?? Anyone heard anything of note re: any team??

Tuck or Blount would be awesome

Blount is hardly getting any carries in Pittsburgh

Or, Mark Barron could be our yearly steal from Tampa

If we trade for a guy we could have just resigned, I'll be pissed.

Just don't see Doug Martin as the type of back the Pats would pick up.. I could see a D. McFadden or as another astute poster mentioned the name of Jonathan Stewart as a big bruising back similar to the mold that has been so advantageous for us in years past.

Corey Dillon
Legarrette Blount
Antoine Smith

I wouldn't put any stock in the type of back NE has traded for in the past. Blount and Dillon were arbitrage opportunities and nothing more. If NE feels Martin's value exceeds the cost, they'll make the move.

If we trade for a guy we could have just resigned, I'll be pissed.

Don't worry. It won't happen.

Well, we didn't really need him until we lost Ridley for the season.

Not true. There was a void on the roster at RB the minute the AFCCG ended. BB chose to let Blount, a proven veteran coming off a solid year walk in FA and draft a RB.

Belichick let blount go because ridley was still on the roster. The situation has obviosly changed.

1.5 hours left. Don't see anything happening now

Belichick let blount go because ridley was still on the roster. The situation has obviosly changed.

1.5 hours left. Don't see anything happening now

That's actually when things usually do happen, and we find out after 4.

Doug Martin can't draw anything higher than a 6th round pick, right?

Today 4pm.

Thanks bud.

I would be good with Tuck if it were at a really low cost, like a 5th at the most. Would like Martin on a low cost too but his ankle injury probably nixes that. Maybe Zac Stacy?

10 minutes remaining. Have a feeling BB isn't going to do anything.

I think the Bucs don't want to make a trade with the Pats and be in the loser side of the trade once again.

Schefter says Mark Barron to the Rams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back