PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three Colts Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

flutie2phelan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Colts have led a charmed life ... injurywise ... in recent years.
Is that changing?

Yesterday, three key Colts failed to finish the game due to injury.
(But why should they have continued playing in a rout?)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060918/SPORTS03/609180366&theme=

edited extract:

colts notebook
Key players come up hurting
Vinatieri, Freeney and Stokley are not around at the finish because of injuries

By Mike Chappell
[email protected]
Somewhat tempering the euphoria from the Indianapolis Colts' 43-24 victory over Houston Sunday in the RCA Dome were injuries to several key players.

Place-kicker Adam Vinatieri, defensive end Dwight Freeney and wide receiver Brandon Stokley were unable to finish the game. Vinatieri experienced tightness in his groin, Freeney was taken to the locker room in the fourth quarter with an undisclosed injury and Stokley aggravated a sprained left ankle.
Coach Tony Dungy was unable to give an update on any of the injuries after the game. He said Stokley "re-tweaked that ankle and that is a concern for us.''

via profootballtalk.com

flutie2phelan said:
[/I]

Place-kicker Adam Vinatieri, defensive end Dwight Freeney and wide receiver Brandon Stokley were unable to finish the game. Vinatieri experienced tightness in his groin, Freeney was taken to the locker room in the fourth quarter with an undisclosed injury and Stokley aggravated a sprained left ankle.
Coach Tony Dungy was unable to give an update on any of the injuries after the game. He said Stokley "re-tweaked that ankle and that is a concern for us.''

via profootballtalk.com

We need to get THEARCHIVES in here. I don't think that is an approved use of the word "TIGHT." He's the expert so he should know.

Last edited:
As long as they continue to play in that high school level of play division they are in they have nothing to worry about.

Willie55 said:
As long as they continue to play in that high school level of play division they are in they have nothing to worry about.

at least the colts have one other high quality team in their division. the pats can't even claim that.

Salgathor elsewhere was congratulating them for "keeping the hammer down" I said the Colts have demonsrtarated so far that they CAN pass, but CAN'T run; also they CAN'T prevent the run, and CAN'T prevent the Pass.

It said probably prophetically, it would be counterproductive if the QB or a WR gets dinged while running up the score. Instead they got a WR Stokely dinged, their star pass rusher Freeney dinged, and their star kicker AV, dinged, as well.

Wonderful coaching! Your Dingeyness. :eek:

If Jacksonville wins tonight which I think they will the Colts will have plenty to worry about next week.

I think Jax wins that division unless their defense keeps dropping like flies. Remember Indy can't stop the run so if they don't jump up early against a team like the Jags they will get pounded. Look at last week if the Giants defense could catch a cold they would have won that game by 10 points or more.

Indy has to play the following teams who all have the make up that they struggle with ( a good defense and a good running game):

Denver
New England
Buffalo (maybe)
Dallas
Philly (maybe Kearse?)
Jax (twice)

I don't think they are lock for the division. They obviously have the inside track but Jacksonville is a good football team and they get to beat up on the same two bottom feeders and play the second place schedule which I guess isn't saying much when the second place schedule brings you the Steelers and the Chiefs while the first place schedule brings you the Bengals and Broncos.

Last edited:
WV-Colt said:
at least the colts have one other high quality team in their division. the pats can't even claim that.

Come on, we have Miami! Haven't you heard they are going to the Superbowl. :rolleyes:

Freeney's mystery leg injury is probably a result of years of CONSTANT centripetal forces at work. Balorinas spin less than that clown.

OT: Aaron Brooks sprained his boob. No word on the condition of his mangina

Well, it's true the AFCE is no great shakes. On the other hand, any AFCE team can beat any team in the league on any given day. With the Texans and Titans, that possibility just does not exist.

AzPatsFan said:
Salgathor elsewhere was congratulating them for "keeping the hammer down" I said the Colts have demonsrtarated so far that they CAN pass, but CAN'T run; also they CAN'T prevent the run, and CAN'T prevent the Pass.

It said probably prophetically, it would be counterproductive if the QB or a WR gets dinged while running up the score. Instead they got a WR Stokely dinged, their star pass rusher Freeney dinged, and their star kicker AV, dinged, as well.

Wonderful coaching! Your Dingeyness. :eek:

Stokely was hurt on his first play of the game, the first TD. He hurt the bad ankle that had kept him out of game 1 and played one more down. I don't think Freeney even played in the fourth quarter. And they pulled AV and had the punter kicking PATs and kick offs. So, none of them were hurt "running up the score" as you put it. It's fine if you hate the Colts, but come with your facts straight first.

As far as their run defense is concerned, they missed the big man in the middle. Corey Simon has yet to play. While he may not make a ton of tackles he does take up space and clog up the middle.

I don't wish injury to other players but if the Colts get clobbered with injuries, I will LMAO. The NFL wants thier poster boy in the SuperBowl and is going to do everything in its power to make it happen.

Watching the NFL's "Lets get Peyton his SuperBowl ring" fail will be a joy to watch.

The Colts had their chance. They looked good Sunday but I don't see them as a threat this year.

flutie2phelan said:
Colts have led a charmed life ... injurywise ... in recent years.
Is that changing?

Yesterday, three key Colts failed to finish the game due to injury.
(But why should they have continued playing in a rout?)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060918/SPORTS03/609180366&theme=

edited extract:

colts notebook
Key players come up hurting
Vinatieri, Freeney and Stokley are not around at the finish because of injuries

By Mike Chappell
[email protected]
Somewhat tempering the euphoria from the Indianapolis Colts' 43-24 victory over Houston Sunday in the RCA Dome were injuries to several key players.

via profootballtalk.com

The Colts have had their share of injuries. It just doesn't seem like it since Peyton has remained relatively healthy and most of the injuries have only cost a game or two or three. Marvin had hand and arm injuries last season that needed surgery. Sanders and nearly the entire secondary was hurt at some point in time. Freeney has dinged at the end of the year. Cato June had numerous injuries. The offensive line had all kinds of problems. Dallas Clark had concussion issues. Those are the ones right off the top of my head.

workhorse said:
Stokely was hurt on his first play of the game, the first TD. He hurt the bad ankle that had kept him out of game 1 and played one more down. I don't think Freeney even played in the fourth quarter. And they pulled AV and had the punter kicking PATs and kick offs. So, none of them were hurt "running up the score" as you put it. It's fine if you hate the Colts, but come with your facts straight first.

As far as their run defense is concerned, they missed the big man in the middle. Corey Simon has yet to play. While he may not make a ton of tackles he does take up space and clog up the middle.

I agree Simon should sure up the middle but your ends can't stop the run. Simon will definitly be an improvement but it remains to be seen how much of an improvement that will be.

I never got the feeling that Simon really went with the defense. He just doesn't seem to quite fit.

Last edited:
workhorse said:
The Colts have had their share of injuries. It just doesn't seem like it since Peyton has remained relatively healthy and most of the injuries have only cost a game or two or three. Marvin had hand and arm injuries last season that needed surgery. Sanders and nearly the entire secondary was hurt at some point in time. Freeney has dinged at the end of the year. Cato June had numerous injuries. The offensive line had all kinds of problems. Dallas Clark had concussion issues. Those are the ones right off the top of my head.

Good info, workhorse.

Let's hope neither
of our stellar QBs
goes down.

workhorse said:

I do not wish any team injury. I would much rather see teams play teams at full strength. I can tell you though - while your colts may have had a few issues over the past few years, you do not have a CLUE what an injured football team looks like unless of course you run our numbers.

Yet, we seem to have done a pretty good job overcoming them all. We do not use them for excuses as that's football. The ability to overcome injury with well remunerated and wisely acquired "back ups" that are able to be "coached up" is what really separates the great from the near great.

In a nutshell, that is why we win and Colts are left wondering what happened year after year after year.

Re: More Colts Injured

The injury bug is fianally hitting the Colts.

Prior to the game they had 15 guys on the "Questionable" to play list and four players as "Out" Now some of these guys are key players; Ryan Diem. Mike Doss,,Bob Snders, Corey Simon, Ben Utecht, Gilbert Gardener, Rob Morris, and Brian Stockely (apparently he tried to go and reinjured himself)

They still had enough to outplay the lowly Texans but ...:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes