Welcome to PatsFans.com

Three Choices

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turk, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here's another 3 choices... I would enjoy seeing if you have the courage to respond... but I am not holding out hope - you'll give some sort of doublespeak round-about answer (or just ignore the question entirely):

1) The Armenian Genocide happened and it was as bad as they say it was
    2) The Armenian Genocide happend but it wasn't as bad as they say it was
    3) The Armenian Genocide never happened.

So which of the 3 choices is it, Turk..?

3. Turk

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102301036.html

What does the above link which is what this thread is about, have to do with the Armenian tragedy that took place, a hundred years ago, in Eastern Anatolia?

Why is it that every time I post anyhting, your response is an attempt to flame? And you somehow think that you are going to achieve that by bringing up a subject that I doubt you know too much about, but believe (mistakenly) that is going to irritate me.

Just two days ago, your attack on me stated:
    ""Kinda like how you delete any file with the words "Armenian Genocide"

I am calling you out. When was it that I did that?

If you cannot point it out, which I know you can't, then do you not owe me an apology?

But, in your own words;
    ""I would enjoy seeing if you have the courage to respond... but I am not holding out hope - you'll give some sort of doublespeak round-about answer (or just ignore the question entirely)".

By the way, I am little confused; is this your attempt at having a debate on this matter? Beacuse just two days ago you were claiming that there was nothing to debate, especially with me. In your own words: "...I just can't argue with someone who thinks the world is flat and the moon is made of cheese. It isn't a "debate" when one side is so dedicated to remaining ignorant of the facts of the matter."

Did you change your mind, now?

Still, if it is your intent to have a mature, educated, thought out debate without resorting to name calling, then starting the detate with choices that you make up, is not the right way; but do let me know if it really is your intent to have a debate on this subject. I am ready whenever you are.

But then again, in your words(again):

"I would enjoy seeing if you have the courage to respond... but I am not holding out hope - you'll give some sort of doublespeak round-about answer (or just ignore the question entirely)".

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 7 / -3

All the guy had to do was draw this.

[​IMG]

5. Turk

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 7 / -3

I don't care if he was the guy holding the flag at Iwo Jima. He should have saved himself some time and just posted this.

[​IMG]

7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My attempt is simply to find out your position on the issue. But, like I said, you would be too much of a coward to give a straightforward answer to an honest and straightforward question.

Here are my words again, "I would enjoy seeing if you have the courage to respond... but I am not holding out hope - you'll give some sort of doublespeak round-about answer (or just ignore the question entirely)"

How am I supposed to debate when you're too chicken to even state your position on the matter..? You've turned into Nem... hemmin' and hawin' and giving links and saying things without actually saying them... I expect you to try Nem's favorite maneuver: "I'm not saying the Armenian genocide didn't happen, I'm just saying this group of people and that United Nations report and this historical society said it didn't happen... but I'm not saying anything, no not innocent little me...."

By the way, here are my words again, "I would enjoy seeing if you have the courage to respond... but I am not holding out hope - you'll give some sort of doublespeak round-about answer (or just ignore the question entirely)"

8. Turk

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thanks for proving my point in that you simply cannot read my earlier post and respond to every paragraph and not resort to name-calling, like chicken, coward, etc.

You are not "asking an honest and straightforward question" what you are doing is no more than a sophomoric attempt to flame, and on a subject matter that you obviously know nothing on, at that. Be man enough to admit that fact, which is obvious to everyone on this board.

Grow up, start acting like a gentleman, state your position and we will have a discussion. Until then, I don't have any more time to waste with you.

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

yeah, sure... that's me all right... afraid to give my opinion on something or speak my mind :rolleyes:

10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

State my position..? Sure..!! My position is that Turks murdered and slaughtered over a million innocent men, women and children. It was nothing short of an act of genocide and will be remembered as such. They behaved in a manner that would make the Nazis proud. Now today, we see lowlife scumbags defending the actions of the Turks and even denying the events as they actually were. They try to minimize casualty numbers and/or lie about the culpability of the Armenians themselves. What we also have is incessant whining about how unfair such-and-such a government is to deny Turks their God-given rights to whine about how everyone is being so darn mean to them all the time - after all, all they did was slaughter over a million people. What's a million people between good friends..? I mean, let's not blow things out of proportion..!!

There..!! I've stated my position. If you want to continue discussing this issue, you'll have to actually take a stance of your own. But I have no doubt you'll continue to be too chicken to do so - like I knew all along you would be.