PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Threads on each pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I guess the moderators succeeded - only a couple new threads started each day. Maybe there was concern about the website crashing. But isn't the object of a site like this to increase traffic? I'm sure plenty of folks logged on only to see one long thread dominated by a select group having arguments while at first blush there was nothing to be found on Brandon Tate, or McKenzie, etc., unless you wanted to slog through that one long blurry thread that lost my interest quickly and I'm a visitor multiple times a day. I think Patsfans.com missed the boat on this one. I couldn't have been alone going to other commercial sites to get a direct click on each guy we took.

Whatever the reason, discussion specific to each pick has been fleeting or buried. I for one would love to see a thread for each pick even though some of the excitement has passed.

I must have missed that, because I didn't see that at all. The only threads I saw merged were about the Ellis Hobbs trade. Not sure what you're talking about because I went back a few pages and those were the only threads that I saw merged.

On the other hand, I would have welcomed a single thread on each pick, and I think it would be a great idea for next year.

I definitely agree, I didnt get a chance to watch the Draft so I had to hop over to NFL.com to see who we got. In fact Im still looking for some real analysis and opinions on some of our prospects.

Oh and jmt I believe he was refering to the "Official Day 1/2 Patriots Draft" threads. Those threads were pretty overwhelming with their 950+ posts. An seperate (official) thread on each selection would be nice for next year.

Last edited:
They just never got created...

I guess the moderators succeeded - only a couple new threads started each day. Maybe there was concern about the website crashing. But isn't the object of a site like this to increase traffic? I'm sure plenty of folks logged on only to see one long thread dominated by a select group having arguments while at first blush there was nothing to be found on Brandon Tate, or McKenzie, etc., unless you wanted to slog through that one long blurry thread that lost my interest quickly and I'm a visitor multiple times a day. I think Patsfans.com missed the boat on this one. I couldn't have been alone going to other commercial sites to get a direct click on each guy we took.

Whatever the reason, discussion specific to each pick has been fleeting or buried. I for one would love to see a thread for each pick even though some of the excitement has passed.

Why don't you expend 2.5 calories, hit a few buttons and start a thread on an individual pick?

Instead of whining that there aren't any and threatening to hold your breath until you turn Colt blue, why not just hit the "Start Thread" button and fix the tragedy?

No Mod deeted or moved any unique thread about any of the draft picks. The only time a thread on a Pats pick was managed was to merge multiple threads on the same guy into one.

What's so hard about that, BradysButtBoy? I'm truly sorry that "some of the excitement has passed" for you. Now that you understand how to start a thread, perhaps next year's draft will be more fulfilling for you.

Last edited:
Nothing is holding anyone back from starting threads on individual players once they are drafted. If someone did and they got merged into a big thread, that's one thing.

But to start a thread complaining about something that never happened is:eek:

Love Patsfans.com...but more times than not, this site crashes on high traffic days. Sundays in season and day 1 of the draft.

Love Patsfans.com...but more times than not, this site crashes on high traffic days. Sundays in season and day 1 of the draft.

I feel your frustration. Ian's working on it. I think someone mentioned that we had over 3,000 folks logged in on here at the same time Saturday.

Last edited:
I've always enjoyed the individual draftee threads. I'd love to see them again.

I was wrong about 3,000+ logged in at the same time, it was 6,000+ - - from Ian in the locked "Ian Appreciation Thread" started by a member that is now on page 3:

Record 6000+ active simultaneous users was definitely unforseen, more than double than what I forecasted for last year as the site continues to grow. The database is huge so that many users pushes the envelope, so the server company has been monitoring it and will continue to monitor it until 11pm. They'll be online with us tomorrow as well, so any interruptions will only last for a minute or two.

It's been in duscussion for a while in regards to what we'd do if we outgrew this one, although this was for next year but it appears that it may need to be done sooner. There is a plan in place to address it, so I'll let everyone know when the time comes.

Otherwise an "appreciation thread" is unnecessary. It's been a long and irritating night, and I understand the aggravation many people here feel after dealing with this today and I don't think too many people should feel the need to "appreciate" me for seeing DB errors every three minutes. So there's no need to respond to this thread, and I'll be locking it.

Ian

I invite BradysButtBoy to search for another website out there that is run by someone like Ian who is as humble and stand-up a guy.......and who runs the site as a labor of love at personal expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots