PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thread to post media predictions that annoy you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tom Jackson on the 2008 Patriots this morning

Tom Jackson is such a clown.

Thank goodness for Keyshawn, the only pro-Pats guy on that show.

Berman doesn't seem to be biased either.

Additionally, Jaws actually enjoys talking about football and has no anti-Pats agenda at all.

Sean Salisbury was a pro-Pats guy, too, which didn't help his chances of staying employed by the Worldwide Leader.

Last edited:

Again, the he hasn't started a game since high school line has been so aggravating all week.

The guy played for 52 minutes last week, saying he hasn't officially started a game is irreverent at this point.

Sean Salisbury was a pro-Pats guy, too, which didn't help his chances of staying employed by the Worldwide Leader.

Indeed he was, disappointing he was fired. That'd be a shame if that "sending pictures of his genitalia to a co-worker" story was true.

Last edited:

Well, I hate Tom Jackson as much as the next guy, but he brings up a point that is worth debating-- does the playbook that Belichick and Josh McDaniels put together and the personnel that Pioli put together have a very close relationship to who our QB is? I think in many ways, the answer is probably, "yes." It would probably be foolish to not integrate the fact that Brady is our QB into those decisions. But, how important is that? How much of a challenge is it to fit a square peg in Cassel into the round hole that the football operations people have created? We can at least say that this team and this playbook weren't put together with Matt Cassel in mind.

No, our quarterback has a close relation to the playbook.

He's been training as the backup for four years. Is there somebody else besides Brady more comfortable with it? He isn't a rookie.

And ignoring why you'd even listen to that bitter know nothing, Did the playbook put together for Drew Bledsoe fit the abilities of second year (he was #4 the first year I believe) QB Tom Brady?

How did that work out?:rolleyes:

I don't care if he raises legitimate questions or not. He always has been and always will be a biased ass when it comes to any discussion about the Patriots. He has absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

He should be licking stamps in the mailroom..

he's a Pats hater, and he has just been waiting for the opportunity to jump all over them.

Let's be honest though, he has every right and reason to feel the way he does about the patriots outlook this season. Let's not kid ourselves, we lost the best player in football and we are suppose to pretend that it was no big loss? The answer to the problem is Matt Cassel, the guy who just a few weeks ago everyone was criticizing to the point that most wanted him CUT. All of a sudden Brady goes down and we just assume that Cassel will be alright mostly because "well, Tom did it in 2001". I think we are getting offended at remarks made by people like Tom Jackson just because we are thinking more with our hearts than our heads. The same people who wanted Cassel cut a few weeks ago now think he will be good because, well, now we are in a situation where we NEED him to be good.

What if I put it this way.

What if I told you that a team lost it's MVP quarterback and now turns to a backup who....
1.) Has never started an NFL game.
2.) Has never started a college game at QB.
3.) A lot of his own team's fan base wanted him cut a few weeks ago for poor preseason play.
4.) Was pulled in mop up duty in a game in 2007 because he was THAT ineffective.

Let's face it, we would say the team is screwed.

I think/hope Cassel will be serviceable, but again, I am one of those guys who is speaking more from hope.
i agree with your points..all of them. except the fact that jackson would always find a way to trash a team so anything he says is magnified even though it maybe logical. also god forbid if the colts had a such an injury you think he would be this animated ? thats the point about jackson.
regarding cassel , you are right . we-at least me- are being more hopeful than what we know he can do.

This is an attempt to collect all of todays' p-o'd posts about dire talking-head predictions about the Patriots' future into one place. That way we can all save our time by posting "Idiots! They don't know the future, I know the future!" a single time. ;)

EDIT: the thread merge function is a little haywire so MagicMarker shows up as the creator of this thread. Don't blame him though, blame me!

Last edited:

BB has seen Cassell practice for 3 years the yahoos from ESPN have never seen him but for 3/4 of a game. I trust Belichek. Jackson, Ditka and co can go stick their heads where the sun don't shine. They know nothing.

Last edited:

Well, I hate Tom Jackson as much as the next guy, but he brings up a point that is worth debating-- does the playbook that Belichick and Josh McDaniels put together and the personnel that Pioli put together have a very close relationship to who our QB is? I think in many ways, the answer is probably, "yes." It would probably be foolish to not integrate the fact that Brady is our QB into those decisions. But, how important is that? How much of a challenge is it to fit a square peg in Cassel into the round hole that the football operations people have created? We can at least say that this team and this playbook weren't put together with Matt Cassel in mind.

'Cause assembling great talent around a decent QB would certainly not facilitate his ability to perform...

The playbook has evolved/expanded since 2001. Cassel has been here through much of that recent evolution. Would he have had a better shot in 2006 with Reche Caldwell topping the WR roster and an aging Troy Brown/Corey Dillon and a cast of revolving door replacements filling in the gaps? Or the immortal Branch and Givens to throw to as a rookie? I don't think so...

The playbook won't change. That's part of the reason to develop a system guy rather than try to fit 23 other guys into some retread veteran's black hole of thoroughly disimilar experience...The gameplans drawn from a playbook Matt is totally familiar with will be tailored to suit Matt's skills and comfort level and expanded upon as those develop with experience...

Keyshawn: I think they can get to the playoffs, and anything can hapen. Don't you start laughing Tom.

Tom Jackson: If they win the Super Bowl without Tom Brady, I'll bet Boom's job on it! I'm serious, things are GOING TO CHANGE without Tom Brady in the lineup.

Boomer still says they're a Super Bowl contender and Ditka says Cassel looks like Brady and they will still be a very good team this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back