PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thread to post media predictions that annoy you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clayton: Patriots will average 18 points per game without Brady

No question. The running game and the defense have to step up in a big way. With all the depth we have at RB, i'd love to see the team run 35 times a game to take the pressure off Cassel.
He doesn't need the pressure taken off. 35 carries? They only ran the ball 26 times last week (not counting Cassel's scrambles).

Cassel came into the game cold and they didn't run the ball to protect him.

Why would they do it after he had a week to prepare.

What everyone is doing is predicting what the Pats will do, but forgetting that the Pats have faith in Cassel. Just because YOU don't trust BB's judgement will not affect how BB gameplans.

Cassel did better than most QBs in the league in week one. Why would then need to protect him?

Typical for an uninformed pundit.Just divide last years production by half.No real work or research involved.....let us revisit this brilliant analysis in 5-6 weeks,see how accurate it is...

Typical for an uninformed pundit.Just divide last years production by half.No real work or research involved.....let us revisit this brilliant analysis in 5-6 weeks,see how accurate it is...

I strongly, nay, very strongly object to your use of the word 'pundit', which means a learned one who uses his wisdom and knowledge to educate others and/or is an authority (on one or more subjects) with whom the ignorant clear the doubts. :cool:

Please tell me that you are not assuming that Clayton is one. :D

He doesn't need the pressure taken off. 35 carries? They only ran the ball 26 times last week (not counting Cassel's scrambles).

Cassel came into the game cold and they didn't run the ball to protect him.

Why would they do it after he had a week to prepare.

What everyone is doing is predicting what the Pats will do, but forgetting that the Pats have faith in Cassel. Just because YOU don't trust BB's judgement will not affect how BB gameplans.

Cassel did better than most QBs in the league in week one. Why would then need to protect him?

He is starting his first game!! do you think they are going to come out and throw 50 times? We'll see what the breakdown is and whether BB and Josh Mcdaniels doesnt adjust the run to pass ratio. Of course they have faith in Cassel. Its their only option as this point. what are they supposed to say? the fact of the matter is no one knows how Cassel is going to perform until he actually plays a few games, BB included. But to say there wont be any adjustments, well we'll see i guess.

Who cares what Clayton has to say anyway? I am still waiting for him to answer a real debate that he is more qualified to answer. Do he look more like an owl or that turtle that you can draw to gain entrance to a bogus art school that you see on the back of magazines?

According to Sal Palantonio

BB said to his team that there is no margin for error that brady us out , and they should do their job. I have a hard time believing it that bb would say that.
And tom jackson, all the nice things he was trying to say about the pats , now apparentley he is asking what did tom brady mean by saying "i like our chances".that this offense is tailor maide for a QB making 95% of the desicions.
i wonder what offense we were before last yr ...

He is starting his first game!! do you think they are going to come out and throw 50 times?

Bingo! That's exactly what most of you guys think (hopefully the Jesters too) and I hope BB allows MC to take the first offense series as a no huddle or have MC air it out a lot just to pressure the Jesters.

the fact of the matter is no one knows how Cassel is going to perform until he actually plays a few games, BB included.

Wow! What made you change your heart?? Maybe you read what we pointed out in your other thread where you claimed that fans are insulting TB by equating MC stepping in for TB with that of TB stepping in for Bledose back in '01 and that MC can no way perform as well as TB (implying '08 MC < '01 TB).. :cool:

... But to say there wont be any adjustments, well we'll see i guess.

Good! You finally see light!! :D Let's wait and see how MC performs in a few regular season games and let the fans roast or praise him after that.

Cheers! GO PATS!!!

Last edited:
Re: According to Sal Palantonio

It seems like Jackson still has his anti-Patriot agenda going.

It seems like Jackson still has his anti-Patriot agenda going.

Wow. That dude REALLY does not like our organization. I turned it off after that listening to that crap. Really objective.

And Ditka with the "I don't like that team, and I've said that before."

Someone PLEASE explain that to me, other than he does not like Bill.

I know we get paranoid about the hate coming from these media idiots, but goodness.

How about Jackson and the "I know you love Belichick" comment to Keyshawn.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate ESPN. They are dead to me.

Last edited:

I know that we are all starved for football and football info all week, but let's let the Patriots play on the field do the talking for us.

I hope we get another W this week.

Tom Jackson on the 2008 Patriots this morning

Boomer: Well you can stack these numbers up any way you want (Stats appear on screen reading The King and a Cassel)

Tom Jackson: Ahaha

Keyshawn: I just believe Matt Cassel comes in at QB and things on offense don't change much...Still ge-

Tom Jackson: Ahahahaha

I understand what the Patriots are selling; and you buy it because you love Belichick. They lost the best player in the game! Here's what I'll ask you, he says he likes their chances. What was he talking about? Super Bowl? I believe that's crazy talk. To think they can go to the Super Bowl without Tom Brady, I believe that's a fallacy.

Ditka: Well, they're probably not going to go to the Super Bowl.

Tom Jackson: Really? Ahahaha.

Ditka: Well this kid can throw the football.

Tom Jackson: HOW DO WE KNOW THAT?

THIS OFFENSE WAS BUILT FOR TOM BRADY! TAILORED MADE FOR HIM TO MAKE 95 PERCENT OF THE DECISIONS AND NOW THEY HAVE THAT PERSONNEL WITH A GUY WHO HAN'ST PLAYED SINCE HIGH SCHOOL! STOP ME IF I'VE TOLD A LIE!

Just so someone can bump when we win the Super Bowl.

I strongly doubt BB would say there is no room for error. He might have said there is less room for error and that he doesn't want the team to be in a situation where Cassel is forced to make a 14 point comeback in the 4th quarter.

I would be my left nut that BB did tell the team to "do your job"

Re: Tom Jackson on the 2008 Patriots this morning

Boomer: Well you can stack these numbers up any way you want (Stats appear on screen reading The King and a Cassel)

Tom Jackson: Ahaha

Keyshawn: I just believe Matt Cassel comes in at QB and things on offense don't change much...Still ge-

Tom Jackson: Ahahahaha

I understand what the Patriots are selling; and you buy it because you love Belichick. They lost the best player in the game! Here's what I'll ask you, he says he likes their chances. What was he talking about? Super Bowl? I believe that's crazy talk. To think they can go to the Super Bowl without Tom Brady, I believe that's a fallacy.

Ditka: Well, they're probably not going to go to the Super Bowl.

Tom Jackson: Really? Ahahaha.

Ditka: Well this kid can throw the football.

Tom Jackson: HOW DO WE KNOW THAT?

THIS OFFENSE WAS BUILT FOR TOM BRADY! TAILORED MADE FOR HIM TO MAKE 95 PERCENT OF THE DECISIONS AND NOW THEY HAVE THAT PERSONNEL WITH A GUY WHO HAN'ST PLAYED SINCE HIGH SCHOOL! STOP ME IF I'VE TOLD A LIE!

Just so someone can bump when we win the Super Bowl.

You missed the Ditka, I really don't like that team and I've said that before comment.

Disgusting and disturbing.

This is supposed to be a non-biased football program? Please. I hate espn.

I'm surprised he didn't say 17 based on last week. LOL

Who really listens to Mr Peabody anyway?

Tom Jackson loves our coach. Seriously they were all cracking on him even Ditka said he respects what the organization does and the majority of the panel was suggesting the team will still be a factor.

Thank goodness for Keyshawn, the only pro-Pats guy on that show.

Berman doesn't seem to be biased either.

Additionally, Jaws actually enjoys talking about football and has no anti-Pats agenda at all.

Any bets that Cassel will have this in the back of his locker for the season?

Or that the TEAM will have it up?

Last time Jackson made an idiot of himself, the Patriots used it to win the SuperBowl and BB gave him the big FU bomb at mid field before they got the trophy.

Last edited:

I stopped watching the countdown shows last year and am only watching the ESPN one because I'm waiting for my wife to get back with Rock Band 2. That'll kill some time before the first set of games start. But wow, I thought Jackson was gonna come out with "they hate their quarterback" :singing:

Well, I hate Tom Jackson as much as the next guy, but he brings up a point that is worth debating-- does the playbook that Belichick and Josh McDaniels put together and the personnel that Pioli put together have a very close relationship to who our QB is? I think in many ways, the answer is probably, "yes." It would probably be foolish to not integrate the fact that Brady is our QB into those decisions. But, how important is that? How much of a challenge is it to fit a square peg in Cassel into the round hole that the football operations people have created? We can at least say that this team and this playbook weren't put together with Matt Cassel in mind.

he's a Pats hater, and he has just been waiting for the opportunity to jump all over them.

Let's be honest though, he has every right and reason to feel the way he does about the patriots outlook this season. Let's not kid ourselves, we lost the best player in football and we are suppose to pretend that it was no big loss? The answer to the problem is Matt Cassel, the guy who just a few weeks ago everyone was criticizing to the point that most wanted him CUT. All of a sudden Brady goes down and we just assume that Cassel will be alright mostly because "well, Tom did it in 2001". I think we are getting offended at remarks made by people like Tom Jackson just because we are thinking more with our hearts than our heads. The same people who wanted Cassel cut a few weeks ago now think he will be good because, well, now we are in a situation where we NEED him to be good.

What if I put it this way.

What if I told you that a team lost it's MVP quarterback and now turns to a backup who....
1.) Has never started an NFL game.
2.) Has never started a college game at QB.
3.) A lot of his own team's fan base wanted him cut a few weeks ago for poor preseason play.
4.) Was pulled in mop up duty in a game in 2007 because he was THAT ineffective.

Let's face it, we would say the team is screwed.

I think/hope Cassel will be serviceable, but again, I am one of those guys who is speaking more from hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back