Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thousands beaten and raped in Irish Catholic Reform Schools..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 24, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -26

This stuff really pisses me off, this really is over the edge the Irish Courts commissioned a report to see what happened during this period in Irish History, the result is a damning 2600 page report.. where is Cardinal Law when we need him he could have helped with the coverup.

The US was not that far off during the same time, the big catholic institutions here closed during the same period.. except in the US there was less systematic abuse.. but it happened nonetheless.

The Catholic Church will have to pass the basket twice from here on in, as they will be paying these lawsuits off for the foreseeable future..

The Associated Press: Thousands beaten, raped in Irish reform schools

And in a warm and fuzzy moment, Bill Donahue of the Catholic League responds.. and the Catholic Church wonders why people are disenfranchised with their church.

Catholic League: For Religious and Civil Rights

HYSTERIA OVER IRISH CLERGY ABUSE

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  2. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Absolute power corrupts absolutely...and they are about as absolute as you can get :rolleyes:
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Good deal.
    Hopefully the lawsuits will be the thing that finally reveals and destroys the "Holy Roman" Catholic Church. Thgey've been running a scam for so long that it's about time they be brought down by someone. Unfortunately, it'll prolly be replaced by some different criminal, tax-exempt organization, but at least it won't be worse than these animals and their heinous history of murder and rape. Then the faithful can live the words of Jesus the way he wanted them to.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Slapping isn't as serious an abuse as rape and only 12% of the rapes were committed by priests. Lets also remember that these were miscreants being attacked too, its not like these children mattered.

Its not the god part of the Catholic church that so deeply offends me. Its this part.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Way back in the thirties I had a fist fight in a Catholic Church's school yard, I was getting the sh!t beat out of me by the kid I was fighting, a NUN came charging out of the Catholic School with a Pointer (their favorite weapon) she came after me and gave me the worst beating I have ever had in my life, she also kicked me while I was down, I have never since seen a person so vicious and full of anger as this old b!tch in her black robes the sad part is every time I see a Nun I think about Sister Dracula.

I'm not a Catholic and she must have known it.

I STILL LOVE EVERYBODY THOUGH, my kids all married into catholic families but they don't seem to be the "I'm right your wrong" kind that I grew up with.

JESUS SAVES
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -26

I'm a former catholic who was punched in the mouth several times in grammar school by nuns, then went on with the good Christian Brothers and got punched several times there as well... my fave was in grammar school is they used to go in the bathroom to watch us pee.. never figured out why they needed to do that.. we had our back to them... maybe they were into urine streams.

We used to on retreats and there was a priest on a big white horse, who we found out later was a huge molester, in fact he got one of my friends, now dead, instead of prosecuting him the church covered up for him and sent him to some fancy beach in New Jersey..
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I don't know how true this is but I was once told that the Nuns in the Catholic Schools for punishment used to make the kids roll their pants up and then make them kneel down in Rice for thirty minutes in front of a statue.....

It's a good thing Nuns didn't know about waterboarding....:singing:
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -26

Never heard that, but that is pretty bizarre.. one time when the prepubescent juices started to flow, the punished me by putting me on the "girls side".. yea that worked well.. spend more time on the girls side than ever on the boys side.. they called it a punishment.. there is something about pleated skirts and white blouses..
  9. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Having someone stare at you in the shower? That's pretty creepy. :eek: But it's not rape, so whattaya worried about kid?
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Catholic Grammar shcool:
    Nun found out a boy (6th grade) was using itching powder on his friends as a laugh...no one hurt...so this fuggin beetch nun calls him out on the floor during an assembly and pulled the back of his collar and dumped a full pack of itching powder down his shirt and rubbed it into his back. The kids were stunned and silent and one boy mumbled "beetch", the whole school laughed out loud.which sent her into a frenzy and she stormed out of the room screaming about how God will punish each and every one of us. The boy was standing in the middle of the gym floor crying from the pain and embarrassment. A lay teacher went over to him and took him to the boy's room to rinse him off.

There's nothing special about priests and nuns except they tend to be more demented and sadistic than normal people.