PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Ngata will fall to the Browns and anchor Romeo's system.

S. Holmes and Chad Jackson won't make it past the Eagles and the Broncos.

The Chargers will get a CB to replace Sammy Davis, and so will the Chiefs.

Ernie Simms is a perfect fit for the Vikes who are running a Tampa 2 and need a LB.

There is no way that Holmes and Chad Jackson will be the only WR drafted in the first round. Moss will go a lot higher than people think because he will be a great, shifty slot WR who can PR and KR.

With no WR on the board that can be taken at this spot, Nick Saban shocks a lot of people and gets Manny Lawson at 16.

Bobby Carpenter won't make it past Bill Parcells. He'll play opposite Demarcus Ware.

BB upsets some people by getting the only player worth taking on his board, DeAngelo Williams. Williams keeps Dillon fresh as a change of pace, keeps Faulk just in his pass-catching role.

Round 1 D. Williams
Round 2 Darryl Tapp 262 pounds
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/darryltapp.html
Tapp is instinctive and could start on opening day opposite Colvin.
Round 3 Gregg Jennings
BB likes his WR to be short, shifty runts :)
Round 3 Mike Hass
If we can't get a FA, we need two WR (remember last when we got Mankins and Kaczur, and a few years back when we got Wilson and Samuels?)

Our WR corp looks like this: Branch, Caldwell, Brown, Jennings, Hass and Childress.

Our ILB corp will look like this: Bruschi, Vrabel and Beisel.

In the 2nd day, we'll get a TE, LB, OT, C, CB, K, and our 7th round pick will be a QB we want in camp to compete with a vet for the 3rd spot.
Our OLB corp will look like this Colvin, Tapp and TBC

all of that sounds plausible. The Deangelo Williiams at #21 would be a shocker considering BB's penchant for big lead backs. But I coulod definitely see doubling up at WR, like Mankins/Kaczur last year. Tapp is a great pick.

Tapp is a good pick who reminded me of Rosie in the Senior Bowl, but I don't expect him or any other DE/LB to be starters (Hawk if he dropped far enough maybe). Reverse Jennings and Hass and you've got a workable draft. I'd still rather see an OT or TE at 21 if it played out the way you've drawn it up.

PATRIOTS-80 said:

Ernie Simms is a perfect fit for the Vikes who are running a Tampa 2 and need a LB.

There is no way that Holmes and Chad Jackson will be the only WR drafted in the first round. Moss will go a lot higher than people think because he will be a great, shifty slot WR who can PR and KR.

With no WR on the board that can be taken at this spot, Nick Saban shocks a lot of people and gets Manny Lawson at 16.

Bobby Carpenter won't make it past Bill Parcells. He'll play opposite Demarcus Ware.

BB upsets some people by getting the only player worth taking on his board, DeAngelo Williams. Williams keeps Dillon fresh as a change of pace, keeps Faulk just in his pass-catching role.

Round 1 D. Williams
Round 3 Gregg Jennings
Round 3 Mike Hass
If we can't get a FA, we need two WR (remember last when we got Mankins and Kaczur, and a few years back when we got Wilson and Samuels?)

Our WR corp looks like this: Branch, Caldwell, Brown, Jennings, Hass and Childress.

In the 2nd day, we'll get a TE, LB, OT, C, CB, K, and our 7th round pick will be a QB we want in camp to compete with a vet for the 3rd spot.

Holmes could easily make it past the Chiefs, they could use a DE or CB as well. Carpenter could make it past Parcells. Especially if they need a DE/OLB since I believe Carpenter fits better at ILB.

I think it's better than 50-50 that Ngata gets to the Browns and I hope he does because it'll make one of the LB that we might like go down a little. I expect the Browns to take Bunley, Ngata or Wimbley.

I think Moss and Jackson could easily be the only two 1st round WR. It's simply a weak draft for WR - it happens.

I don't see us taking DeAngelo. If the WR/LB who are there don't interest us I would expect an OL (Winston or Mangold) or a DB.

Man, if that happened I'd rather trade down, and select Maroney, or Eric Winston.

You posted a plausible and winning combination.
Good work.
I agree on 2 WRs in the 1st 4 rounds.
The draft IMO will come down to the BVA bringing in talent.
Obviously BB is content with most of the talent on the roster and looks toward the draft for talent and youth.
To me what is interseting are all the questions which a fan can't know...
How are Harrison,Light and Koppen healing?
How are our development players doing Claridge,Hill,et al?
Is 2006 the draft class we go for broke or will 2007 be a better class?
When will we try to bring in CC FAs like Law or others?
Will we spend to the cap or play games to lower future years cap hits?

PATRIOTS-80 said:

I hope so, because this is the only way the Pats have a chance to get Lawson. That giant sucking sound you'll hear will be Romeo's vacuum cleaner nozzle meeting Lawson's butt! Browns will suck him up in no time flat.

Also, your Dolphin and Tuna speculation ring true!

shakadave said:
I hope so, because this is the only way the Pats have a chance to get Lawson. That giant sucking sound you'll hear will be Romeo's vacuum cleaner nozzle meeting Lawson's butt! Browns will suck him up in no time flat.
I still see the Browns taking Wimbley over Lawson if both Bunkley and Ngata are gone.

Too Much Of A Tweener

PATRIOTS-80 said:

Round 1 D. Williams
Round 3 Gregg Jennings
Round 3 Mike Hass

IMHO Tapp is not athletic enough to make the transition from college DE to OLB in the pros.

I believe Hass will be the steal of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back