PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to test Sherman just hopefully not deep. At least not right off the bat. Can't eliminate one side and then have coverage roll to the other letting their defense tee off. Gronk will help loosen things up. Just hope Brady reads the defense properly and puts those seem route throws in the right spot.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Edelman could have a very productive day against Sherman. He's very physical and extremely quick and shifty which take away Sherman's advantages of size and top end speed.

Good observation on Seattle's success stopping the run against tight formations. This is the main reason that I see an opportunity for Tim Wright. We can run 2TE against Seattle and split both TEs out. If Seattle matches with a smaller defense to cover Wright, you run inside with Gronk blocking down from the slot or Lafell coming in motion. If Seattle matches up with a larger DT compliment or bringing Chancellor down into the box, it's time to throw the ball. If the matchup running against the lighter box is preferred, Amendola can be split out wide in lieu of having Tim Wright. (In fact, that might be an even better approach.)

I haven't noticed Sherman beign soft with the underneath stuff, but quickness is certainly a weapon with which to attack him. The underneath stuff against Sherman will work even better with him being banged-up and not as effective using his hands to throw off timing. Heck, split Gronk out wide right and see how Sherman likes handfighting a monster with a bum elbow. If they match-up with Chancellor, Sherman can try to cover Edelman in the slot on that side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back