PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the Patriots prevent OFFENSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second to last offensive possession for the New England Patriots offense: two pass attempts, two pass incompletions and hardly any time elapsed off the game clock; 1 rush attempt, 6 yards gained. What was the more productive route?

Time is the enemy, rushing the football takes time off the clock.

Your arguments keep getting worse and worse. You're now pointing to a 3rd and 4, with more than 7 minutes left in the game, as part of your argument. That should tell you how far off you've gone with this.

*there were 2 good runs in the 4th quarter, not just one. So, 2 good, the rest not good. That's not gashing the opponent. Again, listen to Belichick during that interview.

Your arguments keep getting worse and worse. You're now pointing to a 3rd and 4, with more than 7 minutes left in the game, as part of your argument. That should tell you how far off you've gone with this.

*there were 2 good runs in the 4th quarter, not just one. So, 2 good, the rest not good. That's not gashing the opponent. Again, listen to Belichick during that interview.
I'm pointing to the first and ten call, empty backfield formation, and the result was pass incompletion. As for the third down call, the Patriots have in previous seasons ran the ball against the Colts from the shotgun formation. All it takes is one long run by BJGE and it's game over, as opposed to pass incompletion after pass incompletion after pass incompletion. The last two offensive offensive possessions for the New England Patriots offense, three pass attempts and three pass incompletions.

I'm pointing to the first and ten call, empty backfield formation, and the result was pass incompletion. As for the third down call, the Patriots have in previous seasons ran the ball against the Colts from the shotgun formation. All it takes is one long run by BJGE and it's game over, as opposed to pass incompletion after pass incompletion after pass incompletion. The last two offensive offensive possessions for the New England Patriots offense, three pass attempts and three pass incompletions.

Again, listen to Belichick's interview. I'll leave it at that, since you can't seem to accept the problems with your arguments when I'm the one pointing them out to you. Perhaps Belichick can get through to you.

Last edited:
Again, listen to Belichick's interview. I'll leave it at that, since you can't seem to accept the problems with your arguments when I'm the one pointing them out to you. Perhaps Belichick can get through to you.
No mention whatsoever of the empty backfield formation on first down in the second to last offensive series. I guess you agreed with Belichick's offensive play call on the fourth and two play against the Colts defense last year on the Patriot's side of the field?

I thought that Brady made a terrible mistake in the 4th Q. He sensed and all-out blitz, when he was in a naked backfield, and DID NOT call a timeout.

He was correct; he had to throw the ball into the ground facing the all out blitz. Leaving 2nd and 10. And eventually a 3 and out. That was when he needed to make a first down or two.

But why call naked backfield in such a situation, especially when you are running the ball successfully? That was on O'Brien, I assume.

I thought the same thing when I was watching the game live. It was a poor play call, but when Brady was over the ball and saw the what the defense was showing, which was an all out blitz, he should have either changed the play to a screen or a run (which would be difficult because it was empty backfield) or the best option IMO is call a time out.

Just an observation that I am making after the fact. Brady played a great game and BOB called a great game, it was just that one series I didnt like and I am sure all involved will learn from it

What does Bill Belichick preach to death: situational football! I want Josh McDaniels back as the offensive coordinator!

Would it surprise you that a significant number of people on this board griped all season about Josh McDaniels' playcalling?

It's either amazing how bad Bill Belichick is at developing and evaluating talent in every part of this game, or it's amazing how consistent the complaint department is within Patriots Nation.

Hey, it is what it is.

Would it surprise you that a significant number of people on this board griped all season about Josh McDaniels' playcalling?

It's either amazing how bad Bill Belichick is at developing and evaluating talent in every part of this game, or it's amazing how consistent the complaint department is within Patriots Nation.

Hey, it is what it is.
More complaints when Charlie Weis was offensive coordinator on the PatsFans message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back