PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on Seau

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongside

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just some random thoughts about Seau.

1. I could not stand him in SD and especially when he was with the Phins. I always thought he was overrated. I used to see him run up to the LOS like he does and I felt he never made a play.

2. I still hate his sack/big tackle dance where he points and then punches what he's pointing at. I mean its not as bad as the Hobbs Penis point but it is still annoying.

3. I just don't see how this guy wasn't on the team from Day 1. With Rosie there was an injury so I get that. Seau was heathy and the guy brings so much fire and emotion and still can play at a high level. Was his lack of special teams involvement big enough to have a guy like Eric Alexander here instead?

I just don't see how this guy wasn't on the team from Day 1.

He needed time for his shoulder to heal. No?

He probably should have been here a few weeks earlier, but general consensus is the staff was waiting on AT in hopes he would be back around now. Hindsight is 20/20, looks like we got a better draft pick instead of a big playoff push:rolleyes:

honestly I was not fond of Seau before his Patriot days either

my favorite memory of Seau on the Phins was in 2003 when we played at Miami. Remember how the camera's replayed Seau's reaction after Olindo Mare missed two would have been game winning field goals (only for the Pats to win it on a T.Brown 82 yard touchdown catch in OT)

3. I just don't see how this guy wasn't on the team from Day 1. With Rosie there was an injury so I get that. Seau was heathy and the guy brings so much fire and emotion and still can play at a high level. Was his lack of special teams involvement big enough to have a guy like Eric Alexander here instead?

How do you know how healthy he was???

Just some random thoughts about Seau.

1. I could not stand him in SD and especially when he was with the Phins. I always thought he was overrated. I used to see him run up to the LOS like he does and I felt he never made a play.

2. I still hate his sack/big tackle dance where he points and then punches what he's pointing at. I mean its not as bad as the Hobbs Penis point but it is still annoying.

Healthy or not he's 40 years old (in a month). I love the guy and his fire and athleticism, but it's not like we're young at the position otherwise.

Just glad he's a freak and available now.

He's rested and not banged up, so that bodes well. You have to believe he sees this as another chance to get what he didn't get last year (a ring), and his motivation and locker room leadership as well as some fresh infusion of energy can only help this team down the stretch. Just get to January and anything can happen. There is not a single AFC team that I don't believe we can beat when playing our A game, injuries or not.

i think it is important the Seau is rested. He played well allthings considered on Sunday, though Deion Branch made him look bad.

Healthy or not he's 40 years old (in a month). I love the guy and his fire and athleticism, but it's not like we're young at the position otherwise.

Just glad he's a freak and available now.

I do not understand this statement.
so lets see the ILB who where here before he came
tedy and mayo started.
guyton was second
rudd was drafted and went into IR . he was the bigger ILB run stopping thumper
hobson was given a chance to win it.

so except for hobson their are 3 ILB in roster who are younger than 23 .so how are not we not young. if hobson and rudd were been here we would not have called him. hobson cannot beat anyone and seau is playing which means you rather have hobson who cannot cut as he is 28 for some who can play as he is not young.intresting thoughts.

are you going to make a post how randy is 32 yr old and we must replace with some 22 yr old and trade him now.

He was not here eariler until our 3rd ILB (Guyton) had to move outside leaving no depth at ILB

I always liked Seau. He was given his walking papers from SD (at his request supposedly, but Shotz didn't sound to want him around) so I don't think "overrated" really applies to the 34 year old version with Miami (a team that was deteriorating when he joined - 10-6 then two years of pure lousy). With his speed and strength, I always felt he deserved his Pro Bowl nods.

He's always been an emotional player, and despite the dance he has never been an LT or Joey Porter, verbally spewing after games. His presence is never a negative, despite losing a step or so with age.

As for why didn't he come back earlier, his shoulder may be the answer (he ended the season with the injury). It also could be his body cannot withstand as much punishment as it used to be able to withstand (he played 16 games, but was far from an all down guy due to rotating duty), so save him for when he is needed. Given the personnel losses this year, that would be now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey