PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on Ras-I Dowling and the secondary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-3 years

SO I can't lie, he looked pretty good out there for his first game. I was a little worried before the game. He was poised and didn't panic when the ball was thrown his way. He made a key break-up on one of the 4th down passes I think it was on Marshall.

McCourty looked okay, not his best, not his worst but taking on Brandon Marshall one on one the whole game is a tough job. I didn't see Sergio Brown as much but I'll be re-watching the game this week sometime. I had to chuckle at Arrington play DE on some plays, he looked like an ant next to those other guys LOL.

Bodden made some nice plays. It's been awhile since he played a full game. I think our secondary did a decent job and made some key stops when it counted. We are off to a good start especially when we get Cunningham and Spikes back for run stuffing.

And this Ras I could be Revis like. He'll go as far as his body will take him. Smart and super focused. High character and committed. I had him high on my list.

Those stats were counted on the catches he let up total, to all the dolphin WRers. Brandon Marshalls total yards have nothing to do with the amount of receptions and yards Mccourty allowed in the game. Of course Marshall had catches against other players, and of course other dolphin WRers had catches against mccourty. I was only pointing out that DOLPHIN WRers had 151 yards against him on monday night.

That's fine, I wasn't sure if you were posting Marshall's stats overall or McCourty's. Thanks.

4 sacks and 20 pressures aren't enough. Some folks will complain no matter what. And yes, sometimes one sometimes wonders whether these folks saw the game or remember it clearly.

People need to go back and watch this game. The pressure might not have been consistant, but we got to Hanne a fair amount. I actualy thought the pressure was pretty darn good and that Hanne just handled it very well. We had 4 sacks and close to 20 pressures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back