Thoughts on Jerrel Jernigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Jerrel Jernigan*|*Troy,*WR*:*2011 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Just like the poster in the Muhammad Wilkerson thread, being bored I looked at rankings on different sites. NFLdraftscout and CBssports have this kid as the #5 WR in the draft. (50 overall, 2nd round)

I'm interested he's ranked so high because he's 5'9 and played at Troy. Based on the 40 projected times, he's the fastest WR in the draft.

I'll look at highlights of him. Just wondering if anyone has heard/seen him play. He could be the speed burner WR.

Last edited:
I saw him play in Troy's Bowl game this year and he is as fast as advertised. He is small, but ligtning quick. He will be a returner 1st and a slot receiver.

He sounds like a good player but we already have Welker and Edelman in the slot and thats enough. If you want a WR in this draft I suggest you take a look at Titus Young. The kid has everything the Patriots want in a WR. He should be available in the 2nd Rd. I just hope the Patriots draft a WR this year who knows how to run the route tree and not a track runner (Hello: Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, and Brandon Tate). I remember telling all my friends in 08 that Austin Collie was the best mid round sleeper WR and 2 years later I look right while we took Tate who isn't awful but he is not as good as Collie.

He sounds like a good player but we already have Welker and Edelman in the slot and thats enough. If you want a WR in this draft I suggest you take a look at Titus Young. The kid has everything the Patriots want in a WR. He should be available in the 2nd Rd. I just hope the Patriots draft a WR this year who knows how to run the route tree and not a track runner (Hello: Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, and Brandon Tate). I remember telling all my friends in 08 that Austin Collie was the best mid round sleeper WR and 2 years later I look right while we took Tate who isn't awful but he is not as good as Collie.

Tate isn't a "track runner." His top speed is not exceptional, and his quickness is pretty good.

Tate isn't a "track runner." His top speed is not exceptional, and his quickness is pretty good.

Okay. I guess what I meant to say is draft a WR who knows how to run routes. Not just a player who is quick or fast but is a raw route runner. They will never succeed in this offense which is based on precise route running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back