PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on Galloway and Nunn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrence Nunn is the new Bam Childress, alot of hype for nothing proved yet.. Granted Galloway has stuggled.. But Terrence Nunn is not the awnser...

Nunn hasn't been given a chance to show that he is the answer. Galloway has. Everything he has done so far shows that _he_ is clearly not the answer.

Even if he does start pulling in more that 1-2 catches a game, is that someone you're going to want to count on in the 4th quarter in January? Hell no.

Time to cut our losses and bring in a street FA or promote Nunn. The other option is to use more heavy TE formations (like we did later in the game Sunday) and keep him off the field until we absolutely need him as an injury replacement.

Galloways stepping out of bounds in the back of the EZ was a catch Gaffney would have made. Greg Lewis made a similar catch yesterday.

Sometimes it looks like Galloway has never played WR before.

I think people are being overly critical of Galloway. Sure, he dropped a catchable ball yesterday but so too did Edelman and no one is calling for his head. Perhaps peoples expectations are inflated?

And please stop with the ridiculous Gaffney comparisons. Galloway did in just 2 games what it took Gaffney 22 games to do ..... that is catch 5 balls in a game for the Pats.

Galloway will be fine once the offense calls plays that work to his strength (ie downfield) and Brady can execute them. BB didn't bring Galloway in to be a possession receiver.

I think people are being overly critical of Galloway. Sure, he dropped a catchable ball yesterday but so too did Edelman and no one is calling for his head. Perhaps peoples expectations are inflated?

And please stop with the ridiculous Gaffney comparisons. Galloway did in just 2 games what it took Gaffney 22 games to do ..... that is catch 5 balls in a game for the Pats.

Galloway will be fine once the offense calls plays that work to his strength (ie downfield) and Brady can execute them. BB didn't bring Galloway in to be a possession receiver.

Yeah, that Galloway sure is tearing up the NFL with his 36% catch rate. FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | WIDE RECEIVERS 2009

Galloway will be fine once he is no longer a focal point in the offense when Welker is back catching balls that Joey would drop.

Our expectations of new receivers are skewed a little bit because of Moss and Welker. Do we not remember how long it took Brady to get in-sync with Caldwell and Gaffney in '06? Even Stallworth started off slow with the '07 team catching 4 passes in the first 3 games.

We can all see that Brady is not Brady right now as he is having a hard time connecting with all of his receivers. Let's all give Brady/Galloway some more time together as I think he Galloway will end up being better for this offense than Stallworth was in '07.

Yeah, that Galloway sure is tearing up the NFL with his 36% catch rate. FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | WIDE RECEIVERS 2009

Galloway will be fine once he is no longer a focal point in the offense when Welker is back catching balls that Joey would drop.
I'm not sure why this is so difficult for some people to grasp.

Due to the injury to Welker, Galloway is being used as a possession receiver, in a way, that doesn't suit him and for which he wasn't brought in for. It would be like making Welker run deep post patterns all game long and complaining that he's a dud because he can't get open.

Once Welker is back and catching balls underneath then Galloway can be free-up to be the deep threat opposite Moss that he was brought in for.

Not that bad, talk about a bad dream....

Sooner or later Galloway will come around, he is a proven commodity.

Galloway was a proven commodity. I was astonished when he caught

the ball with one foot out of the endzone.

sure galloway dropped a very easy ball, but it was aiken who should have had a TD, and just stopped in mid route.....

brady was just pissed in general b/c hes a competitor...

Exactly ... that was a mediocre play from Aiken.

I'm willing to be patient with Galloway. It's better he's making these mistakes now and not later on (if he is still 3rd on the depth chart at that point). Unless you truly think we would have won the Jets game with Gaffney or whatever, Galloway has not hurt us in the standings yet and that's all that matters until later in the season. He will come around...

The fact that he's getting open consistently is big imo. He has a similar style as Stallworth but Dante had trouble getting open. So there's reason to be optimistic.

On the other hand, he's had 3 bad drops I can think of plus the mistake at the back of the ez yesterday, which is a lot of mistakes in 3 games. So he needs to shape up and concentrate better.

A bigger problem so far has been TB's mistakes, but those will work themselves out after a few more games.

Within a couple of weeks this offense is going to be 2007-type scary.

Does Nunn know where to be on the field? If so, then he's an improvement over Galloway.

Unfortunately, Galloway has hands of STONE. Absolte STONE. Maybe he's thinking too much, I don't know.

BB signed a lot of vets...Taylor looks like a huge win...McGowin a win....Springs not sure but not really needed with 4 other CBs...and Galloway is an all out bustaroo. Can't win them all?

After 3 games, it's pretty safe to say that Brady and the receivers are not in sync. To be fair, Brady is still finding his rhythm, and this is their first season together for some of them, but maybe they just aren't a great match. Maybe it's just a chemistry or a communication thing, but I think most would consider Brady's performance so far to be not what they expected and/or hoped for when he returned.

The image from today's game of Brady letting go of some major steam on the sideline while Galloway is standing with his back to TB with his hands on his hips and looking annoyed says quite alot, I think. It made me uncomfortable to look at.

So here's my question- How many more weeks do you think BB will give Brady to get in sync with the offense, and if he doesn't, do you think they'll take Hoyer from the backup spot and put him in as the starter? Maybe I'm just expecting too much from Brady, and it's just a part of the entire offense finding it's identity and rhythm? At this point, I think I'd take Bishop back over Brady. Hoyer showed some nice potential in the preseason, and I wonder if it won't be too long before BB decides to see how he does in the regular season.

So here's my question- How many more weeks do you think BB will give Brady to get in sync with the offense, and if he doesn't, do you think they'll take Hoyer from the backup spot and put him in as the starter? Maybe I'm just expecting too much from Brady, and it's just a part of the entire offense finding it's identity and rhythm? At this point, I think I'd take Bishop back over Brady. Hoyer showed some nice potential in the preseason, and I wonder if it won't be too long before BB decides to see how he does in the regular season.

I think Hoyer gets the nod this week vs. the Ravens. I've seen enough, personally.

After 3 games, it's pretty safe to say that Brady and the receivers are not in sync. To be fair, Brady is still finding his rhythm, and this is their first season together for some of them, but maybe they just aren't a great match. Maybe it's just a chemistry or a communication thing, but I think most would consider Brady's performance so far to be not what they expected and/or hoped for when he returned.

The image from today's game of Brady letting go of some major steam on the sideline while Galloway is standing with his back to TB with his hands on his hips and looking annoyed says quite alot, I think. It made me uncomfortable to look at.

Maybe someday if I try *REAL* hard, I might be as clever as you are, Deus Irae.

Ahaha. I'd give him at LEAST the first half of the Ravens game. ;)

The guys on PFW in Progress said late last week they saw Nunn in the locker room walking gingerly through the locker room with an ice pack on his knee. He may not be an option right now.

QB12

So here's my question- How many more weeks do you think BB will give Brady to get in sync with the offense, and if he doesn't, do you think they'll take Hoyer from the backup spot and put him in as the starter?

Your meds are in the medicine closet. You probably need them now.

QB12

I'm not sure why this is so difficult for some people to grasp.

Due to the injury to Welker, Galloway is being used as a possession receiver, in a way, that doesn't suit him and for which he wasn't brought in for. It would be like making Welker run deep post patterns all game long and complaining that he's a dud because he can't get open.

Once Welker is back and catching balls underneath then Galloway can be free-up to be the deep threat opposite Moss that he was brought in for.

Semantics

Its about catching the ball and having your feet inbounds regardless where you are on the field. The back of the endzone non TD doesnt suit Galloways style. Damn.

Galloway is supposed to have speed and NE uses bubble screens to get the ball into the hands of WR's with speed. Looks like we wont be seeing him involved in those types of plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes