PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on Dominique Easley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a classic 'Tweener. That has got to be allure. Too small for 3-4 NT or DE, too small for a 4-3 DT but not long enough for DE and too slow and stout for a 4-3 OLB. 6-2 290 with quickness. Bill needs to find a way to unleash this kid. I'm hoping he shows signs come end season and playoffs as how we can use him. Collins as a OLB is a gimme. Jones can be an OLB or DE chameleon. Bill loves 'Tweeners just like Parcells did. Work this kid in and maybe we have something.

So far unimpressed. Read this Dominique and let it piss you off. Your too small to stop the run and too slow to get to the QB. You're a guy bouncing off other dudes in the scrum in the middle and making no impact. Time to make your mark.

If bb loves tweeners, why have we passed on tons of them for years in the draft?

this next couple weeks are going to be telling with easily taking over for Jones as a DE pass rusher. hopefully he can break out. Our defense did perform well against cinci with him playing that role (and jones used situationally, although we had mayo) so hopefully the results can be the same

Revisionist history. NE's defense was lousy in 2002 and no one expected greatness from them heading into the next year. In fact, Warren was supposed to be a big part of the solution.
Nonsense!

The patriots were picked by Outsiders to be within a game of winning the division (or the wildcard). The attached prediction had the patriots as 1105 and winning the division.

As has been often the case, then and since, message board posters undervalued the patriots (even in retrospect). The patriots had a very strong team in 2003 and one of the strongest in the history of the NFL in 2004. Those were the assessment then, and even more so looking back.

http://www.cosmoetica.com/B114-DES67.htm

Nonsense!

The patriots were picked by Outsiders to be within a game of winning the division (or the wildcard). The attached prediction had the patriots as 1105 and winning the division.

As has been often the case, then and since, message board posters undervalued the patriots (even in retrospect). The patriots had a very strong team in 2003 and one of the strongest in the history of the NFL in 2004. Those were the assessment then, and even more so looking back.

http://www.cosmoetica.com/B114-DES67.htm

I'm totally confused. What does this have to do with my post?

Sounds like he is on the Gronk path to recovery.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...iots/2014/10/dominique_easley_shows_his_stuff
“I’ve been able to show them a little bit,” Easley said of his teammates’ compliments. “But I don’t feel like I did before I got hurt. I’m still working on that. I think I’m getting close.”
It is not unreasonable to think the front 7 in December will be an entirely different animal once Jones, Siliga, and Easley get healthy and Ayers, Walker, and Branch get acclimated. There should be some interesting new levers for Bill to play with.

Sounds like he is on the Gronk path to recovery.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...iots/2014/10/dominique_easley_shows_his_stuff

It is not unreasonable to think the front 7 in December will be an entirely different animal once Jones, Siliga, and Easley get healthy and Ayers, Walker, and Branch get acclimated. There should be some interesting new levers for Bill to play with.

It's interesting how much the Pats' defensive players laud Easley's work ethic, explosiveness, and versatility. This has come up in the past, with guys like Wilfork and Hightower being very complimentary of him. In the article you cite, there's more of that:

“He does stuff out of the ordinary,” linebacker Jamie Collins said. “He’s a different type of guy. He’s going to be a great (player).”

Defensive lineman Casey Walker added, “He can get off that rock. When it’s time to pass, that’s him all the way.”

Linebacker Dont’a Hightower extended the praise beyond the field, too.

“He’s definitely an explosive player,” Hightower said. “In college, he was an explosive player, and I don’t see anything less of that here. He’s definitely one of the hardest working guys on the defensive line. He’s always ready to study, and he stays in the weight room. He’s a real good player.”

If Easley's teammates see the explosiveness in practice, then I have to assume some of what we don't see in games may be scheme related, or conditioning, and not just recovery from injury.

"He does stuff out of the ordinary". I can't wait to see that show up on the field.

If Easley's teammates see the explosiveness in practice, then I have to assume some of what we don't see in games may be scheme related, or conditioning, and not just recovery from injury.

"He does stuff out of the ordinary". I can't wait to see that show up on the field.
Yep. He could also still be adjusting to the pro game as it is not the easiest position to make the transition. The teammates' remarks sound very promising for his future.

If bb loves tweeners, why have we passed on tons of them for years in the draft?
Because, despite belief to the contrary, Bill can't draft everyone.

He needs to become Dominique Beastly the next few weeks when Chandler Jones is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back