Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thoughts on all the dead reports

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Ian, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

Someone started this conversation at work the other day so I thought I'd throw it out there and start some discussion/theories on the topic.

What are your thoughts regarding all the dead bird reports? Is this something that happens and just really wasn't reported until now, or do you think it's something else?
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Personally, I'm in awe. In the U.S., it's pretty strange. They're all the same species of birds and they're occurring hundreds of miles apart. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that they're testing out some new weapon which creates a sonic boom and that's what is happening to the birds and fish (since the reports have them dying of "blunt force trauma"). Either that, or (as someone else said) they're flying into invisible UFO's. :eek:
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

i read over the weekend that this actually happens all the time. That there are between 15 and 20 billion birds in North America and that close to half of them die each year, which i find hard to believe.

While trying to find the article i ran across this'

Birds Falling From Sky and Other Bizarre Animal Deaths | Exploding Toads & Raining Frogs, Mass Animal Deaths | LiveScience
    Exploding Toads

In 2005, Germany experienced one of the strangest animal deaths on record. Over 1,000 toads simply exploded for no apparent reason, splattering their gory intestines everywhere. According to a report from "The Independent" (U.K.), "The tabloid press went into overdrive, dubbing the carnage site in Hamburg's Altona district the 'Pond of Death' and warning children and dogs to stay away. Theories ran wild that toads were committing suicide or were croaking because of a virus spread by South American race horses." A zoologist autopsied the toads and discovered that they had been attacked by birds, and their livers eaten. The toad's natural body defenses caused them to puff up — and with their livers missing, gruesomely ex
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  4. CheeseMonkeys

CheeseMonkeys Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -2

#11 Jersey

A bunch of birds just dropping dead? No gunshot wounds... Not battered up in any way... Huh, weird. That is pretty damn bizarre.