Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thoughts from a lurker

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Michigan Die Hard, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Michigan Die Hard

Michigan Die Hard Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have been lurking this site (BEST PATS SITE BAR-NONE) for the past 6 years or so and rarely post. I probably spend at least 3 hours (total) a day reading and wanted to chime in with some cheers & jeers and thoughts. Those of you I offend...it is purposely and no apologies will be offered.

1. THANK YOU IAN!!!! The work you do to keep this site running smoothly is greatly appreciated.

2. The wealth of truly intelligent Pats fans here is outstanding. Thank you (and I will inadvertently leave out many) Andy Johnson, Box, mgtech, Seymour, PATSNUTme, Willie 55, Miguel, PATRIOT 64, DaBruinz, Alk, Sarge, BrownFan80 (more on you later) and pretty much any female poster with some sort of Belichick in their sig (Patsdeb included too). These are just off the top of my head...many more deserve my thanks!

3. The sky is never falling for the Pats, but you would never know it from reading this site. It is amazing to me that so many Pats fans just don't get it. One 3 and out and our offense is in shambles or a missed field goal & the kicker must go. unreal! How many posters end up eating crow by season's end for some of the assinine posts early on in the season?

4. People I wish would be banned...in order of importance.
    NEM - KEEGS - Jacky Roberts - Mikey - Patriotspride - Digger (just barely made the list...but good job)

5. Special thanks to BrownFan80 for his recent relentless attempt to hold NEM accountable for his constant dribble. I reaalllly thank you!!!!! Every year it's the same thing with this guy. <sarcasm> NEM...do you know the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. <sarcasm>. No fly patterns...pass pass pass...inside slants...horrible play calling. Same posts every week. I don't know what medication the doc has you on since your last outburst (that unfortunately didnt get you banned) but here's to hoping your prescription runs out soon.

6. Keegs...moron does not begin to describe you. You are a waste of board space.

Anyway...as you can probably infer...this post was more to whine about a select few than to offer any constructive opinions...which is why I mostly lurk. In a bad mood and had enough of the select few.

I wish you all well (including the select few) and look forward to another successful Pats season.
  2. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Just to be a butthead because I made the dodo list, can we please move this to the general talk forum and not have it where we actually discuss football?

Oh BTW, welcome to the site.
  3. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Hey, welcome aboard. Glad I'm listed in the good list, and not the dodo list.

As for NEM, yeah I don't mean to hound the guy, but there's only so many times I can see someone engineering reality to suit their own ends before I've just gotta say something about it.

;)
  4. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i agree about the sky is falling part. people turn too easily and start blaming it on a certain player. i guess we've been too spoiled with the SBs that we expect us to be perfect
  5. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So you lurk, make a post calling people "morons" and wishing people were banned? Please go back being a lurker, friend.
  6. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Your messages are attacked repeatedly with conviction, and that's the point at which you stop replying in each thread.
  7. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This thread is ridiculous. To insult posters that you don't happen to like is just a waste of thread space. Attack the thread, not the poster. Digger and Jacky Roberts have not done anything out of line. A couple of those other guys may need to be reigned in a little, but it is not your job. They aren't trolls, and only one of the guys you mentioned is intentionally violating any posting policies, which would be a job for Ian to handle.

I would hate to see any more threads like this posted. Some guy who doesn't have the balls or intelligence or motivation to post on a regular basis appears out of the woodwork and announces that he is a regular at this site and just wants to insult a few guys and get his two cents worth in about everything he can think of, before vanishing again.

What A CRAPPY THREAD.
  8. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Welcome to the board !

I agree with you, this place used to be much nicer when your second list was much shorter. I too, am sick of wading through 15,0000 posts of crap to hear the opinions of the first list.

I've said it before - I attribute the irrational handwringing we've seen the last few weeks to the fact that the Red Sox tanked early this year, resulting in many of those pantywaist fans showing up earlier and posting more. Most of the females who post here have more balls than these idiots - and are much more intelligent.

There is also a nice feature of this board called the 'Ingore' list. You can find it under the 'User CP' link above:

[​IMG]

The worst thing you can do to these numnutzes is to ignore them.

Thanks for speaking out.

R
  9. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I appreciate the thread.

I'm honored that i have my own number on your awesome list of great observations.

Since you are obviously a very very important person, I will definitely take what you said to heart.

You are very smart too. "Smart" can't even be used to describe how ummmmmmmmmm smart you are.

Way to rip on the people who sometimes make stupid pointless threads by doing the exact same thing you are complaining about.

But I can see you must have done it on purpose. Because after all, you are very important and smart.:singing:

now mind your business and kindly remove your head from Brownfan80's butt.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -4

Why do you think any of us care about your personal feelings regarding some of the posters on this board? Like you said, you never or rarely post, so who are you, other than someone who enjoys following the personalities here like it's a soap opera?
  11. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

How's this for peace of mind:

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

this guy annoys people because he doesn't know how to deal with his problems.

He is afraid of confrontations and doesn't like them.

He has a problem with football geniouses like myself teaching him a thing or 2 about a thing or 2.

what a stupid idiot.
  13. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's a public forum, everyone's business is public and therefor up for scrutiny.

And his head is no where near my butt, of that I can assure you.
  14. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Well you had me fooled. It sounds like he's your number 1 fan.

To me it looks like he is another one of those guys that is new here and he sucks up to a few posters like yourself so you guys will be nice him and accept him.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.:singing:
  15. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

This thread only seems to be crappy if your being called out (or feel those like you are) or you fail to appreciate that this site has sacrificed quality for quantity of late because you weren't here then.

It's not about technically breaking the rules which is tough to do on an Ian operated board - even those who routinely do like NEM just get a tap on the wrist and go right back to doing what they choose. It's about message board etiquette and level of intelligent discourse - things that drew many of us to this board initially that have fallen off dramatically in the very recent present.

This thread is no worse than the incessant whining about picking on poor newbies or how those labeled forum nazi's are trying to stifle free albeit idiotic speech (the my opinion is as valid as yours even if I can't back it up with facts crowd). These message boards are communities and why some believe it is fine to join a highly respected one and then try to change it's tenor to suit their juvenile mentality, while it is wrong for long time members to defend what was an admirable status quo, is beyond me.

There are lots of football message boards where you can go and be with like minded individuals who get off on team bashing, or troll baiting, or ignorant chest thumping. Yet we have been innundated with with a growing number of members who want to do that here, and feel because this is a free society and this site exists on the www they should be welcome to do that here.

We've lost some very insightful and intelligent posters as a result, while others appear here less and less frequently - even including some who have been named as moderators. Probably because arguing with hystercal bandwagon fans, juvenile fanboy knee-jerks or even NEM loses it's charm after a very short while.
  16. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm not sure exactly who your post is aimed at (as far as who you think the stupid idiot is), but I've been reading your posts for quite some time now and all I've gleaned from them is the following:

1. You like to post silly inane things like 'Mahoney' as an inside joke that's shared only with yourself, and then demand that your questions be taken seriously.

2. You post enflaming topics often just to incite a reaction.

3. You have now attatched yourself to NEM's coat tails as though that will increase the credibitility of a statement like this: "He has a problem with football geniouses like myself teaching him a thing or 2 about a thing or 2."

Whoever it is that you aimed that comment at, I doubt they have any problem whatsoever with Football "Geniouses".

:rofl:
  17. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Kind of like you do with NEM, you mean? :rolleyes:
  18. Ceresco

Ceresco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good Post :agree:
  19. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Excellent, excellent post.
  20. RyanTheColtsFan

RyanTheColtsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

FWIW,

There are always a few in certain threads that get rude, throw out some middle school insults, and tell me to go post on a Colts board. I usually ignore them and continue with the others who enjoy talking football. When new people see my name they automatically think im here to troll. If I saw a name like "TheJagsOwnTheDome" on my Colts board, I'd think the same.

There's going to immature posters on every single message board you frequent. I think PatsFans does an incredible job at keeping the majority of those people out. The ones you disagree with or can't tolerate, that's what the ignore feature is about.

Just realize this is a message board to talk pro-football. Or more importantly, the Patriots. Critique the games. Discuss opponenets. Have fun and respect everyone.