PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts from a bills fan (not me ofcourse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
My buddy is a bills fan (god help him) but is one of the most objective sports fans I know..after showing him a clip of the moss catch he says this.

"While that catch is absolutely mind-boggling to see, it makes me absolutely disgusted that the NFL schedule is scripted to market a team with a sure lack of overall talent, that appears to be a bolster to the big-mouths of the world's ego. That "Any given Sunday" line can be saved for someone that wants to hear it. We both know that when the Patriots and Jets lace up their cleats to step on that turf, that Paul Revere will be riding in with one light; claiming a victory by land. There is no way that the Jets are better than the Patriots. I refuse to believe it. I will not listen to a single person that claims that, and actually believes it. It makes me doubt their opinions as a person, and also worry about the general direction of where their life is going. It makes me sick to my stomach. I am a Bills fan, and understand that I have been routing for them for about 25 years that I can remember, and should have a natural hatred towards the Dolphins, Patriots, and the Jets; but the Patriots are a truly talented team, that is well rounded, and plays well together. What happened yesterday is a shame to the league"

He wasn't watching last night.

The Jets are a very good team and the Patriots very poor secondary made Sanchez (who I still think is mediocre) look like Joe Montana. Get used to this. Not sure why people aren't already. It's been the same story for a few years now. What is alarming is the lack of creativity on the offense in the second half.

He wasn't watching last night.

The Jets are a very good team and the Patriots very poor secondary made Sanchez (who I still think is mediocre) look like Joe Montana. Get used to this. Not sure why people aren't already. It's been the same story for a few years now. What is alarming is the lack of creativity on the offense in the second half.

The better team lost last night

The better team lost last night

The better team does not come out in the second half and get blanked. The better team does not come out in the second half and give up yardage and td's. The better team does not get a turn the ball over three times. The better team does not get out-coached at half-time. Who knows who the better team is when all is said and done this season, but last night the better team was not the Patriots.

Maybe they were not able to adjust their game plan after Revis faked that injury.

This quote comes to mind when evaluting Sanchez performance:

Even the sun shines on a dogs ***** some days.

I mean cmon career best in every category combine that with lack of fire by our entire squad and questionable off play calling or decision making and we are 1-1.

You can say that about the defense, too. No stunting, no movement, boring, stiff and lackluster.

Against a guy who has a tendency to make poor decisions under pressure. I can see trying to play a limiting, disciplined style against a Manning type who is just going to destroy the blitz, but against Sanchez they needed to take some chances.

Honestly, if the Jets have confidence in Sanchez to let him open up the offense, we need to take some chances and open up the defense, IMO.

There's a nugget of truth in the Buffalo fan's post about the NFL. I'm not a total buyer. The truth is, you HAVE TO overcome the fact that the field is tilted for home teams. The Patriots take advantage in Foxboro. It's that simple. It's much harder to win on the road not only because of the opposing fans, but because the refs are human and subject to some intimidation. That being said, the Patriots showed no sense of urgency in the second half, and the playcalling was just soulsucking.

Now, about Buffalo: I live in Buffalo. My favorite time for shopping is during Bills games on Sunday. I once went to the local Six Flags during a Bills PRESEASON game, and there was no one there. We got on every single ride without a minute of waiting, and the only concern was that the kids controlling the rides were too tuned into the Bills game.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping during the Bills' second quarter. The place was a madhouse. Bills season tix are down 20%. Ralph Wilson-after 0 years of putridness--has finally lost the Bills' fan. It's OVER.

Sabres start in two weeks.

Last edited:
This quote comes to mind when evaluting Sanchez performance:

Even the sun shines on a dogs ***** some days.

I mean cmon career best in every category combine that with lack of fire by our entire squad and questionable off play calling or decision making and we are 1-1.

Sanchez and Brady have met 3 times. Twice now Sanchez has had the better day. Until further notice, Brady getting outplayed by the opposing QB on the road should not be considered remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots