PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts and who is left

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still alittle surprised at the 1st round pick, Maroney. RBs have a high bust factor. I thought he'd go for a later pick.

Jackson should be awesome. Givens with WR abilities instead of just "athlete" abilities. He has great hands, runs great routes, strong.

Surpised at the Thomas pick, but I think it's good. Graham is good but isn't smart enough to get open sometimes. This guy is. Not the fastest on paper, but gets the job done and is a good athlete to boot. Not slow either.

Who is left: Surprisingly, Darnell Bring and Ko Simpson both 2nd round picks or so. mark Anderson LB Alabama 2nd-3rd round pick still available.

Jason Avant
Mike Hass
Marcus Maxey (he was thought to be 4th at best though)
Greg Blue S Georgia
Dee Webb CB
bunch of DTs GAbe Watson, Babe Oshwino, Mont. Stanley
Ryan LaCasse DE
Reggie McNeal QB Texas A&M

LBs like Hoyte and Freddie Roach.

Kai Parham is a guy I want to have real bad tommorow. If we get him, this draft has been a good time for me.

(EVEN THOUGH WE DIDNT GET GOCONG :( )

I want Oliver Hoyte right this second.

I really hope we don't pick Simpson or Bing. Both of these guys have suspect character and are about as sharp as butter knives. Not Patriots material, IMHO.

Mark Anderson is still avaible..Parys Harlson..Stanley McClover are all DEs moving to OLB i believe

Bing would be a good addition..Simpson is too stupid with the 9/50 on wonderlic..i doubt we take him..Greg Blue is a possibilty. Many guys dropped. Skylar Green would be a nice addition to Return game. Oliver Hoyte has been praised by Peas..we'll see what happens

Yeah...really worried about a big kid with 4.55 speed who carried the ball upwards of 45 times a game and amassed over 1450 yards in 11 games on 280 carries...plus can catch out of the backfield...PLUS has returned kicks...tough and resilient....yeah, why would we want that when we had One Leg Dillon and Fumbles Faulk doing yeoman work last season...I see your point...oh wait...no I don't

Thoughts: I am very pleased the our first day overall. The Thomas pick has me a little confused. I understand the Graham angle but, eh? I'm also disturbed by the Giants taking Wilkinson right before the day ended. That's wrong and someone should smite them for being smart enough to take him off the board.

Who is left (i.e. Who we should take):

Darnell Bing S USC
Dee Webb CB
Pat Watkins FS Florida State
Babatunde Oshinowo NT Stanford
Montavious Stanley NT Louisville
Tim Dobbins LB Iowa State
Charles Gordon CB Kansas
Ryan LaCasse LB Syracuse
Jeremy Bloom WR Colorado
Pat Ross C Boston College

patsox23 said:
I want Oliver Hoyte right this second.

Why? His intellegence and understanding of the 3-4 is reportedly impressive, but you also have to have the talent to produce. I'm not sure he does. I'd be a bit surprised if we took him before the 6th.

Some Florida State guys available:

Pat Watkins S: true centerfielder, has range, has hands,
not an in the box type

Dante Nicholson LB: led team in tackles; slow 40 time but is good natural football player

Leon Washington RB: Kevin Faulk type back; can catch, can return kicks and punts; maature individual

mac said:
Some Florida State guys available:

Pat Watkins S: true centerfielder, has range, has hands,
not an in the box type

Dante Nicholson LB: led team in tackles; slow 40 time but is good natural football player

Leon Washington RB: Kevin Faulk type back; can catch, can return kicks and punts; maature individual

Is that what A.J. stands for?

Last edited:
Alan Zemaitis - cb PSU is still available. A lot of people had him going
in rounds 2-3.

OntarioPatsFan said:

Avoids Jail...

Dude's been arrested 3 times in less than a year, and he isn't behind bars...

Donte Nicholson=Tampa Bay backup Safety
AJ Nicholson = the FSU linebacker thats been troubled..forced to sit out the bowl game because of attitude/off field troubles. no thanks on him

what about Tim Dobbins or Dale Robinson? Could work

OntarioPatsFan said:

Hey it's late, bro' Gimme a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes