Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thought this was funny

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

Gotta hand it to those NY papers. They do come up with some funny front pages.

Today's NY Post:

[​IMG]

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's a Rupert Murdoch paper, it's basically Fox in print.

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

actually the funniest part is at the bottom:

"Water on Mars...Amazing Photos"...yet they choose to pring the amazing photoshoped monkey picture instead.

4. Real World

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

I would think that the situation in Iraq is a tad more important than some scientists thinking there's water on Mars.

5. Real World

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

Oh I know, I just thought it was funny is all.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

In the grand scheme of things, water on Mars is much more important to the human race.

7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In the grand scheme of things, water on Mars doesn't matter to the human race one iota. It is not a planet suitable for colonization - despite what you may read in your 1950's sci-fi magazines.

Don't get me wrong... the existence of water on Mars would indicate there is probably life on Mars would be a big discovery scientifically... but it wouldn't affect our lives one bit....

8. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ok, politics is opinion, but science is something I feel more than qualified to argue with you about. NASA considers Mars to be a good target for future colonization, and its plan to build a permanent base on the moon is, in part, being done so we can get the necessary experience to build one on Mars. NASA thinks that CO2 generators set up on Mars could create a greenhouse effect and warm the planet. If there's water, it could be broken up into hydrogen and oxygen.

Check out The Case For Mars: The Plan to Settle the Red Planet and Why We Must by a Robert Zubrin, a scientist.

9. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The confirmed discovery of water on a planet in our solar system would be the greatest story up to this point in human history. It affects space exploration, calls out religion, and puts our planet into perspective. Most importantly, the discovery of life on another planet makes us all take a step back and understand that we are actually all on the same team. Team Earth.

Opposition to a fake war is very insignificant compared to human existance, and its place in the universe.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

I'm sorry guys, but as interested in science as I may be, and I am a very interested soul when it comes to that stuff, the Mars story is not more important than the ISG's report being released. People don't care about Mars. People do care about Iraq. People are dying in Iraq, there are no people on Mars. You guys might consider it as "the greatest discovery in human history" (excuse me for a moment while I catch my breathe :wha: ) but I'm pretty positive that the rest of the population doesn't.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,117 / 3 / -10

We're getting ready to Invade Mars, we'll LOSE that one too.

Even Mexico is beating us, the America of our history books is slowly dying the "New America" will resemble South America, Africa, Ethiopia, Cambodia and Cuba, then when everything is in place the first thing they will do is rewrite history, close the US Supreme Court and BURN the US Constitution, if there are any remaining Looney Liberals left and they decide to get out their guitars, toy drums then put their little propellar hats on and March On Washington Singing "We Shall Overcome" they will be Shot Dead In The Street.

America will win no more wars, the people of America won't let them.

Kruschev was right, we have destroyed ourselves from within.

In fifty years America will have a new Third World Government with a ruthless dictator, and the people of today have no one to blame but themselves and the cowardly liberal new democrats.

12. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The issue isn't whether Iraq is more important than Mars, it's whether the big picture of monkeys adds more to the newspaper than a picture of the discovered gullies. Obviously not, but the New York Post (like the Boston Herald) uses the front-page picture for shock value, not illustration.

13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Geeks rule the world.
    Science is never considered more impoertant than politics when they are happening. Scientific discoveries are more permanent, effect human life and our understanding of our place in the universe permanently, but often take longer for us to realize thier importance. Politics is a fluid, fleeting thing and very recognizeable in the "now".

People don't care about science because they no longer have the attention span and big-picture capability they used to. During the height of the Viet Nam conflict, the Apollo Project dominated people's imagination and conversation because we hadn't been socially and mentally retarded by the media as we are today.

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,117 / 3 / -10

When we invade Mars the Little Green Men will resist, we will send troops, the little Green Men will be blowing up our Hummers and Zapping our soldiers with Gamma Wamma Rays, our troops will be raping little green girls, back on earth the Liberals will be rolling in the streets yelping and screaming "Bring The Troops Home"

We won't be allowed to wiretap the "Smelly Greenies"

We will Surrender.
    :bricks:

15. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Water on Mars does none of that. It's basically irrelevant.

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

And many newspapers are basically The Democratic Party in Print - what's your point ?

17. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Huh?

Water is the foundation of life on our planet. Scientists have been searching for the substance throughout the universe as a sign of life.

The existance of water on a planet other than Earth in or solar system is probably the furthest thing from irrelevant.

18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Water isn't a sign of life. It is not the result of life. It's the sign that a planet could *possibly* sustain life. But it's not a sign of life.

19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,117 / 3 / -10

Fish
    :bricks: :bricks:

20. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Whats more important, water on Mars/other existence or war in Iraq. Sounds like that classic Hitch**** show. I think it was Hitch****.